Note to New Members ×

Mountain Slope new website

MountainSlope

I don't like the placement of those buckles.  Looks way too much like a standard overlap ski boot.  Heel hold is questionable.

1 hour ago, skategoat said:

I found that if I made my bails two-hand tight, it actually deformed the sole of my boot. I can feel it bulging up in the middle of my foot.

I back it off if I get to that point.

I know Jasey ran Intec equipped Cateks for a while in the mid-2000s

I love how Jasey does things "wrong" but has the longest most distinguished career.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jack Michaud said:

I don't like the placement of those buckles.

That has been a problem for many boots that people don't seem to notice until they look at that buckle and its all banged up... Banged up?...G Spot?...oh boy....I did it now...  Its why I have liked the UPZ 4 buckle instead of 6 or 7 buckles.. they don't bang into each other...but if you have a really um ..stiff shell and boot... you'll never get there...  

• Haha 1

Regarding Mountain Slope: my feeling is that we should welcome them and any other group willing to take the substantial financial risk to bring a new product to the carving market.  Not all will want these, but I certainly welcome more diversity in boot choices - and any other new carving product.  I don't see a line of manufacturers leaping into this market!

There's already an low (albeit acceptable) number of board and binding choices, but a new boot is a tough thing to bring into the world.  I don't think I need those boots just now, but I applaud Mountain Slope and anyone else who will employ their creativity and guts to enter into our niche market.   Hey, the more successful they are, the more others may follow! 

No new equipment and the sport dies a slow death.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

The G-Style race are 887$ plus shipping, unless there's a US distributer, seem "similar" to UPZ, if that third buckle holds the heel great, I would never buy the UPZ rs8, I prefer the five buckle design, but without holding both boots to compare buckle placement there's no way to know, intec compatable, check their bindings, step-in metal suckers.

Don't see anything about liners, wondering where UPZ is sourcing their custom foam liners from, wow, new boot lines, custom foam liners.

Mt slope's prices are realistic, let's see mt slope's new liners, hopefully a foam in design, and their step'in solution, let's hope the forum doesn's "shy away" new products;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jack Michaud said:

I love how Jasey does things "wrong" but has the longest most distinguished career.

He uses F2 bindings now. Cnc. Trial and error to get to the best. He doesn't cant nor thinks anyone should cant. Just a heel and toe lift. He still races for research purposes.

4 hours ago, Jack Michaud said:

I don't like the placement of those buckles.  Looks way too much like a standard overlap ski boot.  Heel hold is questionable.

I back it off if I get to that point.

Jasey or Fozz or possibly both were running Burton Physics mounted to cateks for a little while. 

19 minutes ago, ursle said:

The G-Style race are 887$ plus shipping, unless there's a US distributer, seem "similar" to UPZ, if that third buckle holds the heel great, I would never buy the UPZ rs8, I prefer the five buckle design, but without holding both boots to compare buckle placement there's no way to know, intec compatable, check their bindings, step-in metal suckers.

Don't see anything about liners, wondering where UPZ is sourcing their custom foam liners from, wow, new boot lines, custom foam liners.

Mt slope's prices are realistic, let's see mt slope's new liners, hopefully a foam in design, and their step'in solution, let's hope the forum doesn's "shy away" new products;)

G style has been around since the late 90s I believe. We all know how old the northwaves are. 

That to me says how small this sport is. 

27 minutes ago, bobdea said:

G style has been around since the late 90s I believe. We all know how old the northwaves are. 

That to me says how small this sport is. 

Like I said....let's hope the Negitivity on this forum doesn't stop the manufactures from frequenting the forum;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ursle said:

Like I said....let's hope the Negitivity on this forum doesn't stop the manufactures from frequenting the forum;)

Is that negative or stating reality? 

I am happy about the 951..... probably will be my next boot... 

even skiing, look at how long shells go with almost no redesign other than colors and liner changes. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, daveo said:

I doubt the manufacturers will stop frequenting a free source of marketing. 

There are a lot of manufacturers who avoid this forum at all costs. 

For the small amount of potential sales, it's not worth the aggravation. The market for companies like Kessler, Mountain Slope, SG, etc. are mostly racers who don't participate in this forum unless they're looking to unload equipment.

I'm guessing that Jennifer and Hansruedi (Mountain Slope owners) are re-evaluating their participation here. 

• Thanks 1

It’s a classic slippery slope argument, but my spend over the last 2 years for gear and seasons passes has been over $4k, and I think that’s less than at least 1/3 of the users here.

If you figure that boots are the single most important aspect to having a enjoyable experience on the snow (nothing ruins a perfect conditions day faster than aching feet) the $500 difference between UPZ or Deelux and .951s (amortized over the 50 to 200 days or more you’ll spend in them) works out to sofa cushion change.  If they make my riding better and/or more comfortable, it’s the deal of the century. 

You’ll most likely keep boots that fit and work for a decade.  Custom boards run at least $1k, and you’ll likely buy several of those over the same 10 years.

</rant>

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jburk said:

If you figure that boots are the single most important aspect to having a enjoyable experience on the snow (nothing ruins a perfect conditions day faster than aching feet) the $500 difference between UPZ or Deelux and .951s (amortized over the 50 to 200 days or more you’ll spend in them) works out to sofa cushion change.  If they make my riding better and/or more comfortable, it’s the deal of the century. 

You’ll most likely keep boots that fit and work for a decade.  Custom boards run at least $1k, and you’ll likely buy several of those over the same 10 years.

I agree. Boot is one of the important if not most aspect of ski or snowboarding. Maybe I found a good boot fitter but I have not had any issues with pressure or pain with my .951 at all. I dont have to unbuckle them all day, no heel lift issues, adjusting the lean or changing parts are easy. I have had some kind of issues with other boots (deeluxe, UPZ). I am never letting this boots go unless they completely fail. One factor i don’t have to worry about anymore

• Thanks 1

Other options for Yamifumi to try.

Dalbello Krypton

Full Tilt

Personally, long legs, a relatively short back and tight hamstrings will keep me using Intecs despite a major programme of hamstring stretches just to protect my lumbar spine.

I have enormous respect for the Mountain Slope team for their passion and commitment to this sport to put their money on the line where others just put their mouths, and keyboards. 

• Thanks 1