Note to New Members ×

Softboot Carving worth watching

SunSurfer

13 hours ago, Carvin' Marvin said:

Finally got on a decent softboot board a few weeks ago.  The 176 Tanker is awesome.  I liked it so much I bought it!

Nice riding!  I'm getting an optical illusion in the first scene - looks like you're going uphill!

• Like 1

I always like to hose empty slopes on ALL  published videos. Just wonder how you guys do it? I probably can count on fingers of one hand how many times I experienced something like that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2024 at 12:53 PM, softbootsurfer said:

I was surprised at the circular arm movement before each turn, I have seen it, on the Heelside only before, I think this is a Learned technique?  normally?  One tries to reduce unnecessary Arm movements, it is a Key for this rider however, who is a Good Carver...

Check out the turn past the slow sign at 40 seconds in the video below.  I had to turn super sharp to avoid my videographer and without thinking I did this kind of windmill arm movement unrehearsed.  Pause the video when his skis come into view and you'll see that I'm about two feet away from total disaster and know that he also saw it coming and had changed his trajectory too.  When I saw this I immediately remembered the discussions here about the circular arm movements and thought I would share.

After the intro these's no more snowboarding in this video, but a few of you might find it interesting anyway.

Edited by crackaddict
  • Like 2