Note to New Members ×

Softboot Carving Camp

Sunan

Oct 19, 2021 Quick update, There's a major change on Rama's schedule, and he can't make it this December. With that sudden change, we have to delay the camp until further notice. 

Edited by Sunan
The event has to be cancelled.
  • Like 4

• Jack M featured this topic

More details will be provided as our team plans for Rama and Shimhoon's trip. To gain some traction of the camp (especially the reliability of this camp)  at this time, please refer to Shimhoon Film's latest two youtube posts, and Shimhoonfilm Instagram. Shimhoon shot the July 4th independence day firework from my home at Jersey City, and recently visited Bigsnow and taught three of us softboot carving enthusiasts at Bigsnow American Dream for two weeks. 

I would like to thank Alpinesnowboarder and Jack M for supporting our idea to host a camp in Colorado this winter 😃

PS: Rama likes to put Shimhoon's sticker on top 😛

thumbnail_image0 (1).jpg

rama-profile.jpg.pagespeed.ce.Ox8Tqg16Uj.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jack M said:

Sounds great, good luck!  Just so you know, the biggest hardboot freecarving event in the US is happening January 31 to February 3.  Details are here:

https://forums.alpinesnowboarder.com/forum/93-montucky-clear-cut-2022/

That's the prime event each season! 

Our plan is to make this happen either in December (early or mid) or in March, when none of Rama, Shimhoon or Ryan would have a scheduling conflict. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2021 at 12:00 PM, starcarver said:

I would absolutely love to attend this event. 

We would love to have you. Big updates coming up shortly. 🙂

On 8/5/2021 at 5:41 PM, weather_nerd said:

Sounds fun! I'd be interested. For me, the cheaper the resort the better 😉

We'll try to make it happen with as little cost as possible. 🙂

On 8/16/2021 at 9:59 AM, dragonrider said:

sound fun, is there any planning coming out to west coast like Mt rose, kirkwood, heavenly, or northstar. I am in for this winter.if not then would be a road trip.

The primary destination will be in Colorado for this event, sort of a middle ground for everyone. I know a group of LAers coming to meet with RAMA this winter. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2021 at 10:30 AM, dragonrider said:

keep me up date on date and schedule , may planing a road trip

On 8/21/2021 at 5:02 AM, scottishsurfer said:

apparently i have 30 days paid holiday to take so if things are reasonable travel and health wise Ill cross my fingers and hope i can make it 🙂

The time currently is set for Dec 15-19. We are still in discussion with the ski resorts to finalize. 😃

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rst said:

Copper Mnt works fine for Donek Daze... I assume they (resort management) are openminded

Because Giri Watts is an AASI examiner and an employee of Copper Mnt. We have talked with Giri himself. For people outside of AASI (SAJ demonstrator + examiner in this case), things are much more compliated, regrettably. 😂 

30 minutes ago, Sunan said:

Because Giri Watts is an AASI examiner and an employee of Copper Mnt. We have talked with Giri himself. For people outside of AASI (SAJ demonstrator + examiner in this case), things are much more compliated, regrettably. 😂 

thanks, now I get why Ryan goes as Special Guest

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2021 at 8:36 AM, dragonrider said:

for sure copper mountain? or just wishful 

On 9/11/2021 at 2:54 PM, softbootsurfer said:

Dec. 15th to 19th at Copper...Perfect

We are Changing the location to Winter Park instead. At this time our event is already registered with Alterra, the owner of IKON pass and Winter Park Resort. 

• 2 months later...