Note to New Members ×

Nidecker Carve Series

MikeB

• Jack M changed the title to Nidecker Carve Series
  • 2 weeks later...

I have not tried the Tracer, but I do have a Concept 161 and and Area 157 (actually my wife's)- both really nice boards, but the Area is too soft for me at 170lbs, and the Concept does well on soft, groomed snow.  When you hear freestyle riders describe these boards, you would swear they were talking about 6 foot long 2x8's or something.  

The Alloy snowboards I am riding are made by Nidecker. I see design and tech from Shane kang going directly into Nidecker’s builds. Like the pyramid core in the D.O. Model. I can get these here in the US for far less than you might think... I will have a 18/19 season DO 165 and the current 165 as well as the Exclusive AZX-1 163 at Montucky 

alloysnow.com for specs

The Nidedecker Tracer is a good short board for serious softboot carving and all around mountain riding. I have seen so many kids driving good lines with them that I think I am going to go out and buy one myself. I have heard nothing but good things about this board. Demo one if you get the chance.

I've had a few days on Nidecker Spectre 163 (the triax, not the carbon) and it's a super fun board.

I found it forgiving, meaning was easy to ride aggressively and yet nicely responsive.  

Riding on Ibex plates (old Burton race plate) and T325's = smile on face.  I can imagine it might be less easy on softies.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 1/2/2021 at 5:33 PM, Deuxdiesel said:

I have not tried the Tracer, but I do have a Concept 161 and and Area 157 (actually my wife's)- both really nice boards, but the Area is too soft for me at 170lbs, and the Concept does well on soft, groomed snow.  When you hear freestyle riders describe these boards, you would swear they were talking about 6 foot long 2x8's or something.  

What's the weight and height of your wife and how does she like area ? Im 5'9 and 145 lbs(beginner carver) and stuck between 53 and 57 

Edited by fred143033