Note to New Members ×

Softboot Carving worth watching

SunSurfer

Here's a good one and just over 18 minutes + a few MOSS sticks for Barry 😎

Near the end (starting around 17:38) there are a few minor wipe outs, suggest using the gear icon to reduce the playback speed to 0.25 during your replay to determine why the wiped out or lost their edge.

Edited by Pat Donnelly
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2023 at 10:35 AM, Pat Donnelly said:

Oh to be young!  So few helmets?  Smooth WINTERSTICK rider around 2:00.  Crash sequence starts around 4:15.

Lots of back knee tuckin' and arms flailin' great turns here.  It's a reminder that as long as the moves aren't hurting your carves, let your freak flag fly.  

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2024 at 1:55 AM, crackaddict said:

MCC 2023

bump and like.  time of posting might have something to do with low engagment.
capture lighting in the bottle is hard 🙂 
I find my comments to be delightful and full of insight but most doesn't lol....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MittenCarver1911 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnWca8rIlQ9/

The video that got me into soft boot carving ! 🙂 

I like when he goes heelside to toeside with a near 360 in between, rotating uphill.  That's cool.  A flatland alley-oop.  However I have a big pet peeve with falling leaf.  Making 3 "turns" in a row on the same edge is not snowboarding IMO.  It's just a glorified version of what little kids do when they think they're snowboarding but really not yet. 

1 hour ago, Jack M said:

I like when he goes heelside to toeside with a near 360 in between, rotating uphill.  That's cool.  A flatland alley-oop.  However I have a big pet peeve with falling leaf.  Making 3 "turns" in a row on the same edge is not snowboarding IMO.  It's just a glorified version of what little kids do when they think they're snowboarding but really not yet. 

I agree. I used to overdo this on my toe edge as I couldn't carve my heel side very well. I would just do 180s going to toe side every time. I have since changed my binding setup and I'm trying to make my turns 50/50 heel/toe with the occasional 180 lol. 

Edited by MittenCarver1911