Note to New Members ×

Softboot Carving worth watching

SunSurfer

On 10/22/2022 at 9:55 AM, philw said:

I don't put my hands down, I think. I put a lot of effort in my early years teaching myself not to throw them around at all. But then I'm not deliberately trying to get low, I'm just holding the edge... so I think I arch my back toe-side (depending on the turn type...) and face more sideways on the heel, if that makes sense. Each to their own, whatever works.

I can turn without putting a hand down but i tend to do it as a balance aid and to also give me a reference of what snow is actually like due to not really being able to feel whats going on under my feet. I think there is a fair bit of difference between puting a hand down as a balance aid where its touching but not providing any sort of support to one where the hand actually has weight upon and your effectively tripoding around the turn.....

• Like 1

howdy

Feature ⑧ BC STREAM / DR Feature 6 people [Snowboarding] [Snowboarding] [Mr. Lama] ... 

Special Feature ⑨ Steep Slope Special Feature 2022 17 Riders [Snowboarding] [Snowboarding] Takasu Snow Park Dynaland Wing Hills Steep Slope Feature ... 

howdy

[carving turn] INFINITY 2022 Shunsuke Fujimaki [FJ] ... 

snowing, watching, getting pumped ...

10 hours ago, Pat Donnelly said:

Nice and smooth @ 73 

Damn.......I'd be happy if I looked half that smooooth!   ....and looking that good and aggressive at his age  in softies is just humbling!

I'm just hoping I'm still active at 73....much less still hitting the slopes!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...