Note to New Members ×

Softboot Carving worth watching

SunSurfer

5 hours ago, inkaholic said:

Avel snowboards from Korea just came across my IG. I know nothing about them as I hadn't heard of them till now. https://avel.co.kr

Ink

One thing was solidified in my mind with this video.  There's some seriously fantastic snow in Korea.  Every freaking video is showing seriously plush snow. 

Also that the Czech Republic makes boards for everyone. 

19 hours ago, west carven said:

hiro … an energetic rider

Just my opinion... he's going to an awful lot of effort just to be able to claim that he's a softbooter in name only.  Riser plates, groomers-only board, stiff bindings, forward angles, surely the stiffest "softboots" he could find and then modified... and he is still getting a lot of chatter/oscillation on perfect groom.  I'm not convinced. 

• Like 1

Little bit off topic but came across a vid of Rama riding an alpine set up not bad going for someone who's apparently only ridden it around a week total

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbBQoDWsECb/

Also back in topic looks like flux are licensing Burton step on tech

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Caf6BsxPjwj/

Edited by scottishsurfer

9 hours ago, Pat Donnelly said:

Close call around 5:50 

I watched this last night. Ryan is an anomaly of a rider but watching the guys/girls that were in the video was somewhat painful to watch. I think the wide/duck stance makes the turns look really weird. The lack of commitment to a directional stance really hurts the style points... I hate what CASI and PSIA teach... it's shameful... My wife got beat to death on a womens forum regarding Posi-Posi stance and how it helped her progress. They raked her over the coals for even suggesting it.

Edited by slopestar
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, slopestar said:

Thats not what i hear from the chairlift as i/we pass under...

Try reading some of the comments on /r/snowboarding if alpine riding is posted. Like your chairlift guys, some people appreciate it but there's a lot of negativity.  I happen to agree with you on the aesthetics but it's definitely subjective.

• Like 3

On 3/22/2022 at 4:41 PM, Neil Gendzwill said:

Try reading some of the comments on /r/snowboarding if alpine riding is posted. Like your chairlift guys, some people appreciate it but there's a lot of negativity.  I happen to agree with you on the aesthetics but it's definitely subjective.

Truth… style is subjective. Whatever works and makes you feel good. That’s what matters most

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 5:50 AM, Jack M said:

Riser plates, groomers-only board, stiff bindings, forward angles, surely the stiffest "softboots" he could find and then modified

Welcome to Japan.

A lot of these guys/girls ride both hard / softboots btw.