Note to New Members ×

Softboot Carving worth watching

SunSurfer

2 hours ago, west carven said:

howdy Deuxdiesel

Gerry Lopez would never say he is better than... and he is Mr. Pipeline to you...

I get what you are saying, and I was being churlish (mostly), but to watch what those guys are doing makes me wonder- If it's really "soul surfing", why is it a contest?

BTW, I was a terrible surfer but a pretty good windsurfer, so Gerry Lopez is well known.  

3 hours ago, JRAZZ said:

Don't know if this is softboot carving worth watching but it sure is a funny take on yearning for turning 😄

That pool to snow shot at 0:13 is epic! My favorite thing of 2021 so far. 🙂

A very creative video, they look like fun to hang out with. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deuxdiesel said:

I get what you are saying, and I was being churlish (mostly), but to watch what those guys are doing makes me wonder- If it's really "soul surfing", why is it a contest?

BTW, I was a terrible surfer but a pretty good windsurfer, so Gerry Lopez is well known.  

@deuxdiesel  Totally get what you're saying.  Those guys are icons to me and I'm a better surfer than a snowboarder... that video tho... I'm a better snowboarder than they are??? mind blown. [boom]

My first board was a Lopez lightning bolt, uber pintail!  Still would love to ride with them on water liquid or frozen!

Mahalo!

• Like 1

WOW! That footage of Kira Kobayshi (?) is AMAZING!. It says that he (she?) is only 13 years old!. How could anyone get any better than that? 

That's my problem: I'm almost 5 times his age. Now if I can only figure out how to fix that, I'm golden!

On 1/19/2021 at 3:06 PM, rwmaron said:

JT - Nice!

We often find the best groom in the terrain park too, though we only share that with a select few 🤪!

I’d wager that I’m not alone in my curiosity about the kit....would you be willing to share details about the gear?

TIA

Sure,

I'm riding a Rad Air Tanker 172 with K2 Thraxis boots and Ride El Hefe bindings. This is about the siffest set up I have found thus far riding soft boots. On that set up I ride with no cants and very little lift toe/heel. I have a 17 inch stance width with a 60 degree back angle and a 57 front. I'm sure not many riders ride soft boots this way. I have been told many times that my riding style is quite unique. I advise no one to ride like this unless you are riding plates.

Jt

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...