Note to New Members ×

Is bomber out of business?

Calle

1 hour ago, tex1230 said:

You pipe up now after 13 years and 170 posts? Yeah... I’m the one with the problem. You have nothing invested in this community.

Maybe that was an attempt at humor? Buster has made turns with a lot of us here and is a great guy.

22 hours ago, tex1230 said:

You pipe up now after 13 years and 170 posts? Yeah... I’m the one with the problem. You have nothing invested in this community.

Well...Buster travels further in a season to ride with other BOL members than I have probably traveled to ride in my whole life on snow. What he lacks in post count, he makes up in stoke. 

• Like 1

Ditto!

Erazz I second the nomination!    

I'm sure all the haters are going to burn me on the stake,  but can we get back to our regularly scheduled broadcast here of relevant news, legitimate concern and possible solutions................or lock it out!

#2tiredofseeingthisthread

All in favor say aye!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, barryj said:

#2tiredofseeingthisthread

All in favor say aye!

If you don't want to see it, then there's a really simple way for you to achieve that by not looking at it.  I guess you could probably figure that out without my advice,. Really what you're saying is that you would rather no one discussed something you don't personally like.  That's fair enough, but I don't see why you'd expect anyone to take much notice. I just didn't.

• Like 2

Hello everybody. I had sent a message to Jim about the demo Kessler 185 I had picked up from him which did come in the mail(he hasn't got back to me yet). But I had also ordered a set of 6/3 boiler plate lowers for my new bomber boiler plate, I expected these to come along with the board package since the delivery message only included the bp lowers but when the package arrived only the Kessler was in there and there was no sign of the bp lowers. I really hope he can send these but I am not sure this will be happening anymore? Also, unfortunately, I thought the Kessler would have UPM attachments on it as I only bought a UPM kit for my boilerplate but its only got 4 hole so if anyone has an extra bomber BP 4 hole kit for sale I would love to grab it off of you because as of now I cannot ride my BP on my new Kessler which I was massively looking forward to this season. If we hear no signs of life soon I was wondering if the Donek A-plate's 4 hole kit would work for the bomber boilerplate so I might hit up the guys at Donek about it? Thoughts? 

So yeah if we don't hear anything from them I am looking to buy a 4 hole kit for my bomber BP and BP lowers so if anyone can help me out please let me know it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by ThePeonsChamp

2 hours ago, ThePeonsChamp said:

I thought the Kessler would have UPM attachments on it as I only bought a UPM kit for my boilerplate

This isn't Jim's fault, Jack is correct they may be under the top sheet, but you should have inquired about that prior to purchasing vs. assuming. 

Boots finally came took only 6 months. Now next dilemma. Need bindings. My concern is buying td3 then company goes out of business like catek. Ironically that's the binding I'm looking to replace. So question is are they going out of business or is it being resurrected? Don't want to invest in something that is no longer available. 

• Like 1

I will be shocked if TD3's become no longer available. Finn knows what he's got and I have no doubts that he will find a way to keep the product alive. I trust he will find the right fit; perhaps one of the other manufacturers would be interested in supporting a quality line?  Staying tuned to the process for updates.

Edited by bruincounselor
Speling. ;)

Apart from the F2's, there is still the IBEX Speed CC (aka Burton). They're sold here:

http://www.carversparadise.com/index.php?cPath=97_151  

You may also contact ray@carversparadise.com for more infos.

Or PHK: http://www.phksnow.com/en/index.html 

Or SG: http://www.sgsnowboards.com/accessoires/sg-performance-bindings/

Or Virus: https://shop.virus-snowsports.com/zubehoer/

Edited by nextcarve

8 hours ago, Jack Michaud said:

Champ, it may have the UPM inserts under the topsheet.  A good shop might be able to find them and drill them out for you.  I don't know if there are any local board/ski builders near you (Burton??), but if so that would be a better option.

As of 2018 season, Kessler boards ship with only 4x4 inserts. All other insert patterns must be specified at time of order for an additional charge. This was communicated by Kessler in the spring when dealer and distributor order forms were sent out.

Edited by skategoat

1 hour ago, Mr.E said:

If you end up with a set of TD3 it's likely you'll never need to replace them. Look how many TD1's are still out there doing strong.

True,  but who knows how long it's going to be before TD3's are shipping again? It's likely that this season will come and go before this mess gets sorted out, which isn't going to be much help to someone who needs bindings now.

F2 Titaniums aren't Bombers, but if they're good enough for WC racers, they should be good for pretty much anyone. Worst case, you move them on next season - there's always people willing to buy them used.

Edited by Allee
  • Like 1