Note to New Members ×

Is bomber out of business?

Calle

Seems to me that the only logical synergistic home for this business is Sean Martin/Donek.  If you want to organize a crowd funding event in the community I would suggest holding off and using that to help Sean complete a purchase of the business in the event he does not have access to adequate capital at the moment.   That's assuming he's interested in taking something like that on.  I personally could not think of a better candidate for it though.  Actually, I can't even think of another 'good' candidate.  

By the way, I knew Bomber was in trouble last March when I made huge efforts to buy a pair of boots after breaking mine and it was just impossible to do.  I was out in CO at the time and willing to pick them up.  Being a retired business owner myself it was very easy to see the writing on the wall.

• Like 3

I'm in limbo as well having pulled the trigger on a Donek MK, TD3 step-in, and a board bag on October 4th. I was on the fence about ordering from Bomber given the communication issue (forum and phones) but Jim replied via email, the reason seemed legit, and the sale price on bindings/free shipping offer made it over $100 cheaper. Donek has been sending me build updates which has been reassuring; unfortunately I've heard nothing on the other items. I'm confident that the board will arrive but doubtful on the rest of the order...luckily I can dispute the charge amount for anything unfulfilled if it comes to that.

I too hope that someone picks up and continues their business...especially the gear they manufactured and this forum. Despite lurking most of the time on this site I've met up with several local riders and have learned a lot on valuable information...thanks everyone!

Holding out to hear from the trustee will probably be a long wait...according to the filing they're not set to meet until December 8th.

Colorado Bankruptcy Court Case 1:17-bk-19720 - Bomber Industries

I would think there are enough IT talent on the site to help with forum backend operation/transition if need be.  Count me in for time/$ to assist.

Some light at the end of the tunnel:  Money, Information are important but at the end of the day it's the people that make the community.  Let's not turn on each other.  Let's hope we came out of this stronger and not divided.

Now a day:  contents on the internet never "disappeared".  Caches, internet archived and etc. 

Bankruptcy suck but it's not end of the world:  recently heard this on Planet Money/NPR: 

http://www.npr.org/sections/money/2015/09/05/437628996/episode-647-the-benefits-of-bankruptcy

• Like 4

On 10/21/2017 at 7:59 AM, Pusbag said:

I'm disabled and use specialty gear. Been using a garmont at boot for over a decade now because of the lack of forward lean built into the boot. I came down to act in Feb to demo new gear. Bomber helped me then. Was able to come up with a solution to my boot dilemma. Goal is to buy a 225 deluxe boot with bts installed to remove as much forward lean on my polio leg as possible. Also a set of step in sidewinders. Total over $1200 but now it's all just a dream as I break out my old boots for the season. Replacing all the buckles again, ankle hinge pins, and buy another set of liners is now my only option. To say I'm disappointed would be understated.

What size boot? I might be able to loan you some gear until you get it straightened out with Bomber. I have a good degree of inventory of various boots and bindings for the HS team. If you let me know what your specific needs are we might be able to come up with a step in arrangement that fits your deformity. PM me with your email.

Paul

• Like 1

What about the bindings?

As this is a bummer, we need to keep in mind the bindings. Please keep an eye out for what is happening with them. If it looks like they need a home, please speak up. Hopefully Fin will just get back into it, but just in case.....

Jim and Angie (I have never met them) deserve much better than some of the conjecture broadcast in certain comments.  Folks really do shoot from the hip.    

Maybe I am just being sentimental but I think a couple brought together by snowboarding (and Bomber) should get the benefit of any gracious efforts that we can muster, as a community.

There may be a few who are owed some $ or an answer but they owe most of us nothing.  If anything, most of us owe them.

If I'd hosted someone in my home (gratis) for years and then hit on some difficulties, the last thing I would want to hear from them would be something tantamount to;  "what's going to happen to me?"                                  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Jack Michaud said:

I don't know if it's different for bindings, but I have a friend here who buys F2 boards from them every year.

Weird, I was just looking at their site the other day and saw the restriction on Deeluxe boots, but I don't see it any more.  I do note that the site has been updated as they are listing the 2018 models now whereas a week ago it was last year's stock.

I feel for  you guys that may be out money for Bomber gear ordered,    I think I can relate as my last employer went bankrupt and I was out  a whole months salary...now that impacted my daily life and financial existence! .....but Jim and Angie didn't plan on absconding  with your $300/$400/$500 of money,  nor did they plan  on a lawsuit and bankruptcy.  I don't mean to diminish the money your out,  but after what I went through I think I can honestly say,  guys, it is just gear and pennies (that hopefully doesn't impact your daily life and financial existence!) compared to the financial $ numbers/crisis Jim and Angie must be dealing with!

As a community let's rally and send Jim and Angie / Bomber some support...I don't know what can be said or done that has any real impact, but were family and family sticks together!...........I'm sending them a PM wishing them the best in these trying  circumstances and offering any assistance to support a hopeful positive future for Bomber!

Who's In????

54 minutes ago, charliechocolate said:

I don't know about that. They're one of several binding manufacturers. Sure, bomber's bankruptcy will have an impact but it's quite a stretch to say that it's the only thing keeping carving alive.

not talking about making parts -- rather these forums, the stoke shared here, the carving get togethers that are coordinated here, the used marketplace that has flourished here.

Like I said I've been away for a while.  but back when I was real active (2009-10-11) this place was the glue that held the international community together.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shawndoggy said:

not talking about making parts -- rather these forums, the stoke shared here, the carving get togethers that are coordinated here, the used marketplace that has flourished here.

Speaking of the used marketplace, I have been enjoying the hell out of the Monster you sold to me about...must be 5 or so years ago?

:biggthump

• Like 1

Shred Gruumer and Helmut got me into carving back in the late 90s? Been on Bomber pre this "pretty" forum...

Bomber has always been my supplier... with the occasional straying to some Canadians and Germans....

Problem is... market saturation of a really well made product does not generate a ton of profitable repeat business... unless you can diversify the product line....

Which cost $...

Which is limited in a niche sport...

I wish Jim and Ang' the best... and will do what is reasonable to assist.

• Like 1