Note to New Members ×

Is bomber out of business?

Calle

Seems to me that we (the carving community) have a chance to help out here. I would be willing to kick the can with some cash in some form of crowd funding. Not sure how many active members there are (Administrators?/) but say $20 x 1000 may help out securing this forum, even if we can't help to save Bomber. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Seems to me that we (the carving community) have a chance to help out here. I would be willing to kick the can with some cash in some form of crowd funding. Not sure how many active members there are (Administrators?/) but say $20 x 1000 may help out securing this forum, even if we can't help to save Bomber. 

I'd be up for that. Only being a member the last 2-3 years...the site, the members, and the knowledge is invaluable. To lose the Bomber equipment is one thing but to lose this forum and community would be a big dagger in our niche market. And I really hope everyone gets their money back or their orders fulfilled. I don't know them but regardless of your situation, we all deserve some sort of reply. Just fading away into wherever is not acceptable.

Edited by kawiboy
  • Like 2

On October 19, 2017 at 3:56 PM, softbootsurfer said:

Why is this Thread even here? surely Corey and Bryan would know if and when such a situation was in fact True...

One thing is for sure...posting this does not Help Jim and Angie or Bomber

Days are getting shorter, air is growing colder, and snow has fallen at the higher elevations. A large number of the Carving Community have, over a great number of years, come to depend on the goods and services provided by Bomber.  

You know; things like plate bindings, hardshell boots, and boards most suited to the pursuit. And a forum dedicated to the daily chatter of like-minded enthusiasts.

As the season approaches, some like to plan ahead, so as to maximize their resources and time off from work. If they can't get answers from the home office, the logical thing to do is seek clarity from the forum. Be it technique, gear, or ephemera, someone on BOL has the inside line on what's what. Of that you can be certain.

Further, if there are problems brewing, (as it most certainly appears there are) it behooves community members to look out for one another, so as to limit individual losses and avoid complications to their own lives, from situations not of their own design.

Make sense?

As to this thread 'not helping'?  From the look of things, it's a flyspeck on the bigger picture. Driving one's head further into the sand isn't a solution.

Speaking as the operator of a small business, 'doing the right thing' is usually easy. But then there are the times when it's not, and one has to dig deeper to find the fortitude necessary to speak plainly to the patrons. 

Because without them, you have nothing.

• Like 3

Sorry to say, but the news is all bad. The trustee's under no obligation to fulfil contracts prior to the bankrupcty. Their only function is to maximize the return for the creditors, however they can.

Call the credit card company, absolutely. They might be able to reverse the charges if the merchandise never got delivered. Otherwise, you should get a claim statement that you have to file, and then stand in line and hope that there's something left over once the bank's been paid.

Edited by Allee

Yes Cory,

you moderators did great job to censor any mention of Bomber problems so more people can fall in this scam. I remember very well when my post asking why there is no  normal SW for sale for half of the year. And you guys delete it imidiately. Thank you very much, I did $300 order  of spare parts what I really did not need to make some business to Bomber last weekend, evidently I can  say  bye to my money. You can delete my post here there are still a couple forums around the world where I can post it. This is big disappointment for me personally. I was on Bombers over 20 years, there was no any Bomber forum when I got my first pair from Fin. Standard SW was probably best binding ever made too bad it took such a bad end. Maybe I was last idiot to make an order with Bomber. I wish everybody here to have nice winter, it was nice to ride with some of you guys during these years but every fun has its end I guess.

23 minutes ago, corey_dyck said:

I hope we don't lose all the old content on this forum.  That would be a shame...

If you could get a forum backup, at least all the content would be then available to import into another forum elsewhere...  if the need arises.

Pretty old page, but I would guess the procedure would be still fairly similar -- dump the mysql database.  

http://www.smartestcomputing.us.com/topic/38479-how-to-backup-up-your-databaseforums-restore/

19 minutes ago, Ladia said:

Yes Cory,

you moderators did great job to censor any mention of Bomber problems so more people can fall in this scam.

Since you specifically called me out: You incorrectly assume that I deleted your (or other's) posts. No. Just no. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR BOMBER! I even said that twice above. 

Edit: I just checked the Deleted forum for my own sanity: the last 12 posts I deleted were for the sales of new items, which are forbidden by forum rules. These cover back to Jan 2017. Take your insinuations elsewhere. 

Please do not call anything a scam. I too have an order sitting and scheduled to be shipped.

I am disappointed. 

But most of all, I am disappointed to witness folks try to create beneficial change by pissing on a fire. 

Bomber declaring bankruptcy is not something being done in malice. It is not being done to personally hurt or offend anyone. It is an unfortunate reality of business in this world. As customers our lives are affected very little by this. It absolutely sucks. For Jim and Angie, this completely changes their life. 

Nobody is walking away victorious.

• Like 2

I am very sad to hear of all of this. I second that we need a way of backing up the information contained on this forum incase it is shut down. 

For someone who is a bit more versed in the business world, what are the possible outcomes of this? Is this difinitively the end or is there possibility of bomber and/or its products surviving? 

Is there more to this story?  Did Bomber really file for bankruptcy due to slow business, crappy debt to income ratio, or something else?  Was the deal bad from the start?  

Should someone here wish to purchase the company out of bankruptcy, how would they go about doing so?  Will there be an auction of assets?

Just checked the FAQs on Invision Community, the hosting service for BomberOnLine.

Pricing to stay with Invision would be steep - 
https://invisioncommunity.com/buy

Getting a download of the data is possible, but since Bomber has been paying for it there would need to be some kind of negotiation with the bankruptcy trustee/receiver. 
see "If I cancel, can I keep my IPS software?" in the FAQs on the same page.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ladia said:

Yes Cory,

you moderators did great job to censor any mention of Bomber problems so more people can fall in this scam. I remember very well when my post asking why there is no  normal SW for sale for half of the year. And you guys delete it imidiately. Thank you very much, I did $300 order  of spare parts what I really did not need to make some business to Bomber last weekend, evidently I can  say  bye to my money. You can delete my post here there are still a couple forums around the world where I can post it. This is big disappointment for me personally. I was on Bombers over 20 years, there was no any Bomber forum when I got my first pair from Fin. Standard SW was probably best binding ever made too bad it took such a bad end. Maybe I was last idiot to make an order with Bomber. I wish everybody here to have nice winter, it was nice to ride with some of you guys during these years but every fun has its end I guess.

Way to go Ladia, you figured it out.  Jim and Angie, with the help of the moderators, perpetrated this scam, destroyed their business, and ruined their credit in order to abscond with your $300 and that of a few others.  You cracked the case.  Gold star for you.

It's obvious to me that forum content has been actively managed for legal purposes.  Yes, better communication was probably warranted, but you are an adult, call your credit card company and get your money back.  Accusing people who run a business not to get rich but for the love of a sport, along with their unpaid volunteer staff, of maliciously scamming customers, is pretty low.