Note to New Members ×

Is bomber out of business?

Calle

Found this on Facebook, would be good to know if its safe to order or not?

http://www.aspendailynews.com/section/home/176989

The bank in May 2015 made a $90,000 loan to the couple to aid them in acquiring all of Bomber Industries’ stock; it was to come due in 2020. Loan paperwork lists as collateral all of the company’s furniture and equipment, as well as its trade name and website. Also listed as collateral were 500 shares of Bomber Industries stock.

But the Callens “have ceased operating Bomber’s business,” the lawsuit says. “It is unknown what the defendants have done with Bomber’s inventory.”

• Sad 1

We don't need any details on the why / how / who...  I'm no business expert but an update from them would make sense business wise and also out of respect for the community.     Reasure your clients that you are still taking order or say you aren't for now that things are on the hold until further notice. 

• Like 2

Wow!   I wish the best for Jim and Angie with this ordeal!........ This surely isn't going to end well......which could unfortunately impact all of us!  Yikes!!

Mod's what can we do to keep the Bomber forum's up and running???

Edited by barryj
  • Like 2

Keep in mind, whenever "the news" reports on something I am intimately familiar with, they almost always get it wrong. "Ceased operating Bomber's business" could just be referring to the fact that they closed the physical storefront (iirc) and moved the business and inventory elsewhere.

I placed an order through the site for a new board on Friday September 29th, and it shipped on the following Wednesday.  Before I ordered I sent Jim an email asking "Can I buy a board?" and he got right back to me.

I believe Jim is under lawyer's orders not to comment on anything, but orders are continuing to be processed, albeit at a slower pace due to all the extenuating circumstances.

I also believe that the "court-appointed receiver to handle its operations" has been appointed... stay tuned.

IF,  and it's a big if, the Bomber Forum was to stop running without notice, looking to somewhere like Oldsnowboards (moderator) Facebook page for updates/ new beginnings might be a way forward. It would all depend on how many friends Bryan thinks he could cope with! Something like that would be a way to regroup and build something new.

I would hate to lose contact with all the people here.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SunSurfer said:

IF,  and it's a big if, the Bomber Forum was to stop running without notice, looking to somewhere like Oldsnowboards (moderator) Facebook page for updates/ new beginnings might be a way forward. It would all depend on how many friends Bryan thinks he could cope with! Something like that would be a way to regroup and build something new.

I would hate to lose contact with all the people here.

No, in that case the temporary accommodations would (as of today) be the Facebook page Alpine Snowboard Trader, which is administrated by Bryan Sutherland (oldsnowboards) and Matt Roth (tex1230).  You don't have to be a Facebook friend of theirs to join.  But I'd be surprised if that happened.

19 minutes ago, softbootsurfer said:

Why is this Thread even here? surely Corey and Bryan would know if and when such a situation was in fact True...

One thing is for sure...posting this does not Help Jim and Angie or Bomber

Both Corey and I will do as asked by our hosts Angie and Jim.   We are here to support Bomber and it's membership.  Jim and Angie are the owners and operators and it is their option.  

To be clear, we are aware of the issues.   I have made a purchase from BOL some time ago and it was delivered as promised. FYI. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jack Michaud said:

No, in that case the temporary accommodations would (as of today) be the Facebook page Alpine Snowboard Trader, which is administrated by Bryan Sutherland (oldsnowboards) and Matt Roth (tex1230).  You don't have to be a Facebook friend of theirs to join.  But I'd be surprised if that happened.

Thanks Jack, good for a defined fall-back position to be well known.

4 hours ago, Jack Michaud said:

Keep in mind, whenever "the news" reports on something I am intimately familiar with, they almost always get it wrong..

Unfortunately, I've experienced this countless times. Knowing how wrong local reporters can be about relatively simple stories sets my BS sensors on HIGH when I read stuff like this. And considering how easy it is to manipulate the news by offering 'access', with the overeagerness of small town reporters to publish anything that is the least bit juicy... well..  And a boring civil suit filed on Monday with a fully detailed article ready to go by Wednesday? And the reverse, some reporting in the Aspen Daily and a few days later the bank immediately calls the loan in default? When no charges have been made, let alone a conviction? Even the Arts Center hasn't really confirmed anything, there was even a press release by the board president apologizing for the lack of info - http://aspenpublicradio.org/post/board-president-red-brick-addresses-its-tenants 

Edited by michael.a

Obviously hoping for the best aswell. As of why this question is here, I belive I saw a thread about problems with contacting bomber that now seems to have been misplaced.
Remember Catek? I was very close to ordering from them. And their webshop still seems to be up and running...

It would appear that a media relations person would be a good option if one were in a similar situation. Getting out in front of a run away horse takes guts and skill. I'm more of a wait and see don't get excited type but i do realize that sometimes no information can be more harmful than truth or miss information. Hoping for a favorable outcome for both owners of Bomber and their loyal carving family.    Pat

Did you buy the 2018 boots?  The ad said you can preorder and they'll ship early November.

I ordered the previous model Track 700s on July and got them so I know the system works.

I hope there's a way for Jim and Angie (or whoever) to give us some solid information.  That would go a long way towards helping confidence.

I ordered boots in may he had them then but was too busy fly fishing was what he said. Finally sent invoice in August or September. Paid it and nothing. Looks like bomber and catek are no longer a binding company. What sucks most is what I've got vested besides the $645. I'm disabled and use specialty gear. Been using a garmont at boot for over a decade now because of the lack of forward lean built into the boot. I came down to act in Feb to demo new gear. Bomber helped me then. Was able to come up with a solution to my boot dilemma. Goal is to buy a 225 deluxe boot with bts installed to remove as much forward lean on my polio leg as possible. Also a set of step in sidewinders. Total over $1200 but now it's all just a dream as I break out my old boots for the season. Replacing all the buckles again, ankle hinge pins, and buy another set of liners is now my only option. To say I'm disappointed would be understated.

5 hours ago, Pusbag said:

Replacing all the buckles again, ankle hinge pins, and buy another set of liners is now my only option. To say I'm disappointed would be understated.

Your disappointment is understandable. If you want to have a conversation on building a custom boot, send me a PM with contact info.

• Like 1