Note to New Members ×

Heard it in the Lift Line: 2021-2022

Eboot

Was on the lift with a husband/wife couple one day and the guy jokingly asked if I could ride somewhere else, since he was trying to teach his wife how to snowboard and she kept watching my riding instead of listening to him and he found it distracting.  His wife then replied that she wasn't watching my riding.  She was watching me because I was just much better looking than he was!!!

• LOL 7

Well I'm going to put this in because I think it's a trend.

In the helicopter line up... "are those boots standard AT boots or snowboard specific ones", followed by various questions about Phantom and "splitboard" technology. Then they usually tell me how they'd started trying more forward angles, and they were surprised how well those work. 

That's my "lift line", and that's what I'm getting. I'm inadvertently on trend, it seems, at least with people into this sort of snow.

spacer.png

• Like 5

“Nice turns!” - Passing skier

”There’s always one of you guys (hardbooters) on the slopes and you’re it today. Do you slalom waterski? I bet you’d rip at that.” - Skier at the top of the lift. He was shocked when I said that there was at least one other hardbooter on the mountain.

”I like your skiboard.” - Little kid

“Dude, are those ski boots? I’ve never seen a setup like that before. Pretty cool though.” - Snowboarder in the lift line

• Like 1

Got one of the classics at Sunapee the other day. 

Ski Patroller at lift: "Do you like those bindings?"

Me: "Yup! Great for deep carves"

Ski Patroller at lift: "Do you snowboard too?" 

• LOL 5

3 weeks ago, at Stevens Pass, finishing a decent run down Showcase, from a skier:

"Nice to see a snowboarder who can turn!".
I gave that skier a thumbs up.

I'm just back from 3 days in PC. I got the usual questions: ski board (didn't even know that was a thing before this thread), monoski... Though at least couple people identified my setup properly.

• Like 3

At our local bump, done for the day, and walking toward the car. A 16-year old (or there about says)...

"Dude that's so rad! My brother wants one of those, but they're like $400 dollars!"

I just nodded and said, "Yeah, they're a little pricey".

• LOL 4

More comments again today from telemark skiers:

"You should be forced to go back and fill in those ruts you make in the snow. They throw me off!"

"I'm pretty sure if I put a marble in your trench, it would make it down to the lift"

It's always these free heelers making comments about me.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

20 minutes ago, Jarcode said:

More comments again today from telemark skiers:

"You should be forced to go back and fill in those ruts you make in the snow"

talk about teeing it up, your response:

" you should slip those moguls you make, they throw me off"

• Like 2

Sitting in lodge for lunch, guy walks up and vaguely points to my boots: "Are those for cross country? The pins in the heel?"

Liftie: "Oh, you're the guy with the fancy boots!I just said "Yeah"

• LOL 1