Note to New Members ×

Heard it in the Lift Line: 2021-2022

Eboot

On 3/31/2023 at 7:55 PM, dropthebody said:

After my 2 hour drive to Snowbasin which normally takes an hour last Monday, waiting in the line for a shuttle from the parking lot I made some some small talk with a young man behind me. He looked me over and saw my Arbor A-Frame with Salomon Caliber bindings with a mild carving stance and asked, "How old are you?"

"I'm 59."

He replied, "I hope I will be riding at 59 too!"

I can't remember 59!  🙄   This shot was taken last year.  That's my child bride with me.  She's only 70....

patandpennyandf2board.jpg.87020705d54d901b976418ff16bd570f.jpg

• Like 2

At Heavenly Sunday at the Olympic lift on a 160 Angrry, F Plate, TD3's  and pulled up behind  3 post college age snowboarders right before loading:

Them - Damn!  We saw you ripping it Dude!  You Looking Good On That Mono Ski!!!   (I swear I hear "Mono Ski(er)" at least once a week!)

Me - My grin evaporates into a frown, rolling my eyes I take a deep breath ready to roll into my scripted infomercial.......but then I get a Aw What Tha Hell Moment and Roll With It!.... "Damn Straight!  And I'm The Best  Damn Mono Skier On The Mtn!   I'm Better Than All Of You!   You Wanna Race!"

Them - Dudeeee!!!  No F---ing Way Dudeeeee!   

...and their gone!  I think I scared the bejesus out of em as they exited stage left quickly at the top of the lift and I never saw them again!   

Thank You Shane McConkey and the Game of GNAR!

Snowboarders, of all people!  :smashfrea

2j6lod.jpg.1d0c23ea309bc4024af26bd7b5891362.jpg

Edited by barryj
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Jack M locked this topic