Note to New Members ×

How to watch 2018 Olympic Snowboarding

Jack M

38 minutes ago, barryj said:

Ok........... I missed it.   What happened to "Parallel Slalom".  as an event ??  

The Olympic committee opted to drop Parallel slalom but didn't go through the proper procedure.  Justin Reiter sued them and made a very valid case but ultimately was unsuccessful.                                                             

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, billyt. said:

I think they said that big air or slope style? Is the new event that will replace it.  I hope that the PGS gets some good coverage, shows the gear and riders in a good way, not all pot heads!

Don't really follow that scene, but the only proven pot head snowboarder at the olympics was an alpine racer, if I remember correctly... ;)

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, GeoffV said:

It was Canadian rider Ross Rebagliati he did get temporarily stripped of his metal but levels of pot in his system was low enough not to constitute a doping infraction 

Wait...  "I didn't inhale" might actually be right...?

Anyways, thanks for posting Jack.  I was wondering about timing for PGS.

At the time pot was not on the banned substance list,  certainly not generally considered a "performance enhancing substance", although it was illegal in Japan.

Rumour has it, for years Robin Williams told a joke related to Ross having his medal stripped and given back, saying how the only way pot could have been considered a performance enhancing drug was if there was a giant chocolate bar at the bottom of the hill. :biggthumpApparently he paid Ross royalties each time he used the joke.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I have yet to see any other snowboarder promote the use of pot as much as him. He is  selling pot paraphernalia under the brand Ross' Gold Glass. His instagram feed is full of pics of him smoking doobies and using bongs. Pretty sure he was stoned at the olympics... LOL

• LOL 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2018 at 5:25 PM, guido591 said:

CBC coverage will be vastly superior to that of NBC.

I'm sure it will be, especially since JJA has the potential to get on the podium.

Has anyone tried the streaming service Jack mentioned at the top of this thread?  Nevermind:freak3: You have to have a subscription to a cable or streaming service to use it.

I would love to see all the PGS!

Edited by bigwavedave

On Thu Feb 08 2018 at 2:34 AM, billyt. said:

I think they said that big air or slope style? Is the new event that will replace it.  I hope that the PGS gets some good coverage, shows the gear and riders in a good way, not all pot heads!

I think the Americans got upset when some wild man defected and beat them all. So they lobbied and had half the discipline removed. Instead they added another gnarly sweet dude f*** yeah event. Big air. 

56 minutes ago, bigwavedave said:

I'm sure it will be, especially since JJA has the potential to get on the podium.

Has anyone tried the streaming service Jack mentioned at the top of this thread? I tried it one night and watched live snowboarding and came up to a time limit. I didn't try to go any further with it and just switched to the TV broadcast. Is there a fee or a registration to get more? They were running commercials, so I was hoping maybe it would be free for those willing to suffer through some ads.

I would love to see all the PGS!

the opera browser has built in free vpn. not sure if it works pointed north to CBC, but I've had no issues streaming US only content from Canuckistan.  

On 2/19/2018 at 1:46 PM, lonbordin said:

It's technical... but possible to watch CBC.

The best documentation I've seen is here-
https://imgur.com/gallery/ndC4a

Shhh.....

I'm using Express VPN and it's much easier - I think their monthly subscription is $12 or so, but setup couldn't be easier - just download their software and you're in. Far superior to the NBC coverage, especially if you're interested in hockey or curling (I'm not, lol). 

From Mike Trapp's Facebook page:

"QUALIFIERS TOMORROW ARE POSTPONED ??‍♂️??‍♂️ Due to a number of reasons the qualifiers scheduled to run tomorrow the 22nd will now run on Saturday with finals. Saturday morning will be qualifiers followed by finals that day. Thank you everyone for all the messages they mean the world to me!! On to Saturday #neversurrender"

Edited by *Ace*