Note to New Members ×

Tracks

softbootsurfer

3rd time, I've been KO'd from behind, in 35 years ...nobody there ? after I got back up 😳  not sure what happened, there is a Competition going on...Slope and 1/2 pipe... seem OK with a sore neck, and not a lot of memory of the last run... took yesterday off, what with 30 mph west winds...and run over today...looking forward to Monday... 🙃

705932113_mor2.jpg.5ed4a4e470ad79867f4cd05dc0f81204.jpg

• Sad 8

Lack of memory is a pretty strong sign you had a concussion. 

Check your helmet to make sure the foam isn't compromised.  I'd at least make an appointment for an online consult with a physician.

Also, be really careful these next couple of weeks... it's typically not the first concussion that causes lasting damage but the subsequent one(s).

If you need me to run tail-gunning protection just buy me a plane ticket and make sure there's a place for me to sleep and an internet connection (with decent bandwidth).  I do snore but I guarantee no one will lay a glove on you.

Edited by lonbordin
mahalo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lonbordin said:

Lack of memory is a pretty strong sign you had a concussion. 

Check your helmet to make sure the foam isn't compromised.  I'd at least make an appointment for an online consult with a physician.

Also, be really careful these next couple of weeks... it's typically not the first concussion that causes lasting damage but the subsequent one(s).

If you need me to run tail-gunning protection just buy me a plane ticket and make sure there's a place for me to sleep and an internet connection (with decent bandwidth).  I do snore but I guarantee no one will lay a glove on you.

Add me to the mix and you have some serious weight covering your six!  Sorry to hear that happened Bob, be careful for a bit please!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, softbootsurfer said:

Thanks ❤️

Eye doctor, Cat scan, MRI tomorrow, doctor follow up and no boarding for awhile...

Seriously, I don't even know what happened... 😳

Take care of yourself first. The turns will be waiting for you when you're ready. All the best! 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2021 at 4:19 PM, softbootsurfer said:

KO'd from behind, in 35 years ...nobody there ?

"nobody there"

Hope nothing serious comes out of this for you but I would talk to SkiCo about it. Knock somebody down then split is BS! I remember last year on Ridge Run the racers blowing down the hill from behind with no regard for the mere mortals on the run.

Last week at Indianhead [Buttermilk East] I saw a skier out of the corner of my eye for three consecutive turns after making turns to get away from the guy after the first sighting.  I finally pulled off to the side and the guy stops and tells me he was following me turn for turn and that when he carves like that he always looks uphill.  I told him "no shit...I saw you and that's why I pulled over because you wouldn't shake off." There's about 50 people on the entire hill and this dense head is 30 feet behind me turn for turn.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chouinard said:

"nobody there"

Hope nothing serious comes out of this for you but I would talk to SkiCo about it. Knock somebody down then split is BS! I remember last year on Ridge Run the racers blowing down the hill from behind with no regard for the mere mortals on the run.

Last week at Indianhead [Buttermilk East] I saw a skier out of the corner of my eye for three consecutive turns after making turns to get away from the guy after the first sighting.  I finally pulled off to the side and the guy stops and tells me he was following me turn for turn and that when he carves like that he always looks uphill.  I told him "no shit...I saw you and that's why I pulled over because you wouldn't shake off." There's about 50 people on the entire hill and this dense head is 30 feet behind me turn for turn.

Better to match you turn for turn 30' back then to be overtaking you.

A little heads up next time buddy!

ink

6 hours ago, Chouinard said:

"nobody there"

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.