Note to New Members ×

Tracks

softbootsurfer

37 minutes ago, 1xsculler said:

So, is Milk considered to have some of the best terrain and grooming for carving? I’ve never been there. 

Milk??? Have you not seen SBS' powder pictures? Milk is powder nirvana and it's gorgeous.

Look at that Spirit groom, LOOK AT IT! Now that's groom. And Four Pipe might just be the best beginner run I've ever taken a run on... You wanna learn head to Duluth and let @bigwavedave@rwmaron to teach and patch you up should you take a spill on Minnesota firm. Plus once you watch Russ dive into Bindle Stiff you'll have a patroller that you'll be able to look up to, so smooth. 

Whispers... Spirit Mountain, Spirit Mountain... 🏔️

Edited by lonbordin
If you can carve the firm, you can carve anywhere.

1 hour ago, 1xsculler said:

So, is Milk considered to have some of the best terrain and grooming for carving? I’ve never been there. 

If watching the Pure Carve videos gave you the bug, that's where they were riding much of the time. Nice snow, good grooming, mostly gentle terrain and typically not as busy as Aspen's other mts.  Aspen plush...

...as opposed to Minnesota firm which hones your skills with feedback that rewards good technic.  For Aspen-like conditions we drive east a couple of hours into the lake effect snow globe of the U.P. and Indianhead.

1 hour ago, lonbordin said:

Whispers... Spirit Mountain, Spirit Mountain... 🏔️

I know you're not likely to come here, but we'd certainly put out the welcome mat for you. I used to teach, race, coach and would be happy to help you. The smallish hills we have are good for learning. You get lots of runs on terrain that becomes familiar which is good for practicing new skills.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2021 at 6:40 PM, 1xsculler said:

There was a Time, I refer to, as the "Age of Camelot"  🙂 at Milkland, many years ago...35 years in, Now? I would say No

but for a 3 strap SB ?  it is still OK 🙃

3 wesB.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s encouraging for me to see that most, not all, of these nearly perfect tracks are made on very well groomed, and relatively gentle, slopes where slarving and/or heading back up the hill to dissipate speed is not necessary. I still love perfect pencil lines no matter where they’re made.