Note to New Members ×

Madd Killer Strikes Back!

CMC

32 minutes ago, TLN said:

Wait. I've missied lots of interesting stuff...
Looks like I found what I need to buy next ;)

Buutt.... how does it compares to Proteus for example?

Proteus is metal, but is more lively than a typical metal board.  It strikes a great balance of lively and damp.  It has a single-radius sidecut.  You can get it in different lengths, and you can pay a little extra for a custom width, or go full custom.  For now the MK is a single design - only one length, width, shape is available.  It contains no metal, is very lively, but still has great edge hold on ice.

46 minutes ago, Jack Michaud said:

Proteus is metal, but is more lively than a typical metal board.  It strikes a great balance of lively and damp.  It has a single-radius sidecut.  You can get it in different lengths, and you can pay a little extra for a custom width, or go full custom.  For now the MK is a single design - only one length, width, shape is available.  It contains no metal, is very lively, but still has great edge hold on ice.

Got it.

Is it dumb to ask about flex for that board? I'm ~210-220lbs.

6 hours ago, big canuck said:

I used to ride my orig Madd 158 as heavy as 260 lb

im 225 now and have ordered a MK w no hesitation

I'm just over 200 and have ordered one.  My opinion is,  they heavier the rider the more we can flex it, and deeper the dig, and smoother the ride.

Now this weight # every one is referring to is, I assume is nakey out of the shower,... right.   Because with gear on, that's another 20 + pounds.

On August 12, 2016 at 1:18 PM, pow4ever said:

"customers don't know what they want until we've shown them," -- Steve Job?

The visionary architect Frank Lloyd Wright once said of a client, "He didn't know what he wanted until I built it for him"

Graphics should attempt to reflect, not create, a board’s mystique.

The original MADD is legend, despite the increasing rarity of the actual boards, and those lucky enough to have ridden them. 

If Peter Jackson had sneaked one into the LOTR trilogy, It would not have appeared out of place.

One has to wonder if any of the contest contributors had the opportunity to ride an original MADD, re-issue, or MK proto, as, for the most part, the new art speaks mostly to the old graphic, not to the epic tales told and retold about the boards since their release in the ’90s.

To 'kill' the MADD, one has to fully replace it and then some. Any reference to the original should be extremely subtle.  If you don’t wash out collective memories/history, you’re enshrining, not ‘killing’.

Offering a plain black or white topsheet with discreet Donek MK logo ( Manek?) allows the new board to become whatever the rider wants it to be,whatever the board is capable of becoming, rather than serving as a reminder of a largely intangible past.

• Like 2

Just ordered mine! Woohoo nothing like new toys. I like the graphic with the most likes on fb. I understand offering a soon-to-be iconic board with only one graphic choice and one shape. It was designed and tested as a single shape with a specific purpose. Altering dimensions would result in an untested product. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, pow4ever said:

The official top sheet of MK have been unveil on Donek's facebook page.

Different nose and no insert so it's probably just a "prop" to show case the graphic for the unveiling party?

That is correct. Basically just a top sheet. There will be a tweak with the donek logo from the current orange to a gray

6 hours ago, pow4ever said:

The official top sheet of MK have been unveil on Donek's facebook page.

The board look wider and longer in that picture where Sean is holding it. 
Different nose and no insert so it's probably just a "prop" to show case the graphic for the unveiling party?

The inserts are in there, they just need to be drilled out.