Note to New Members ×

Madd Killer Strikes Back!

CMC

On 3/13/2017 at 8:26 PM, pow4ever said:

Giving away the farm here :-)
Even have the marketing term thought up.

"C square" = See C

Analogy version:

a method to identified who's trench is it.
Food coloring in drip bottle that highlight your "C".  Only activate when on edges
This way there is no dispute who digs what lol.

Digital version:  

precision GPS to overlay color over picture (augment reality)

Market is way too small to make $$$ but should be a fun weekend/season project.

We used to use squirt guns. When it got really cold their little seams and seals would fail and there would be food coloring everywhere.

Edited by MarkJeangerard

5 hours ago, barryj said:

Corey,  you have a MK and an EC  ...........how do you decide when and which to ride?? 

I don't have the MK yet. But I have many boards and that question still applies every day. It just depends how I feel and how the snow/crowds are. 

If there are wider runs that aren't greens, I'll go out on something big.

If I find myself wanting to go too fast for a short board? Something with a bigger sidecut. 

And on and on. Last weekend I started my day on the EC and found that I was really having fun forcing tighter turns, so I dug out the Angry for the last 3 hours. I went from making S turns that covered 2 groomer passes to similar turns that covered 1 pass, and a lot more of them. I was going a lot slower, but I had a blast. Good cardio training too!  I was panting a bit in the lift line that day. 

I'll add that it's rare that I'd ride an Angry or an MK all day. Bruce from Coiler called a board with that tight of a sidecut a 'gimmick' board. i.e they're a fun challenge but you wouldn't want it to be your only board. Many people feel differently, but that thought definitely applies for me. 

Talk about first-world problems! LOL! 

On March 8, 2018 at 5:04 AM, workshop7 said:

"If you call him and ask for a MK like board that has some spec changes I’m sure he can give you what you are looking for.  He just won’t call it a MK or put the MK graphic on it."

that sounds very Interesting.  Never was fan of that graphic and there is a couple modifications what I would like to do to this board :biggthump

I used to think that the MK was only great when the snow is nice and smooth but now I'm starting to really like it on variable terrain. While it doesn't plow through crud and push piles, it's so ready to turn that you can use it to your advantage to weave through bumps. But, be prepared to shift your weight fore and aft a lot. Maybe I'm riding it wrong but who really cares when it's that much fun?

Also, I think the base on the MK is different from other Doneks. It looks like it always needs a wax job even after just getting one. Could just be me, though.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2018 at 11:11 AM, RobertAlexander said:

I love how upright he is. Not so much lunging over the nose. Just tilt and hang on! That thing really responds to extra edge angle. Looks really fun.