Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

6 hours ago, inkaholic said:

Looks like it will be another good day for tankers tomorrow.

Yesterday was, in fact, a good day for Tankers. It was also a good day for flat light lenses, which I had. In my car. This laziness/stupidity contributed directly to the three hardest spills I've taken in years when 1) the earth abruptly fell away from me off the side of a cat track at high speed, 2) soft, pillowy fluff turned into pockmarked, boilerplate slag again at high speed, and 3) the end of a steep run came early in the form of an ice culvert. All of which ended with a whiplash-y neck snap and me on my back, head downhill. I wish I had witnessed any one of these. The day was still glorious and great lines were to be found under the Chair 8 lift. Aside from cutting wind, brutal cold and plonky lifts, the Ganzfeld experience (flat light+blowing snow+above treeline) is another of Loveland's unique charms. I love her.

• Haha 1

Bummed you couldn't  make it as well Aaron.

So I Broke out the 2m slalom board today, turned down the intensity/aggression knob to about a 6 (there were a few spikes to 9) and surfed it out in the soft snow. It turned out to be an Intelligent, prescient call on my part.  It was an absolute blast of a day.  NSFNG J49 picked up where I left off on the crashes, stuffing the nose of his thirst quite a few times, luckily only ending in a few inconsequential stops. I advised him after a few of these to "Surf it, not rip it".  I then subsequently proceeded to "rip it" on the 200 Tanker. Though I came close a few times, I managed to not stuff the nose.  I am liking the changes I have made on my back binding and boot, I took out all of my outward cowboy cant, and a click off of my forward lean, getting my board up a little more on edge before driving my knee into the snow.  Not that my toe needed anymore help, but it has sorted out some of the weirdness that was going on with my heelie.

@MR. JOHN DEERE !, We went beyond knifing the place, Inky, Ice, Sandy, 007, NSFNG, Lance, Katie, H2, Dennis, and myself ABSOPHUCKINGLUTLY BUTCHERED THE PLACE.  You would have been so proud of us had you been out here!  

Hil, thanks for hanging with me while i was in take it easy mode, it was really fun. Ice, I hope your foray into the big timber proves to be only mildly debilitating, we need you out there each week to continually drop our jaws.

Aside from our usual post ride libations, the absolute most delightful non turning moment for me was when I saw Jerry setting up to jump into my line from the other side of the ropeline onto Richards. I saw It coming, so I slid out, loaded up my lungs, and in true Tick Superhero fashion, Bellowed " HEY PHUCKWAD, DONT DO STUPID $HIT LIKE THAT!!!. " Since we where running parallel, about 4 feet apart, I think I made him soil his trousers. He was very apologetic, and might actually think about taking that side hit into a run in the future. I have to admit, I rather enjoyed that moment of catharsis.

2 left, see you next Sunday,

Mario

Edited by big mario
  • Like 7

poke it with a pointed stick; it's so done

Sunday , April 30th:

Huge crew out, which quickly became disjointed. Chris C and his buddy Matt joined us on one of our first melt freeze days of the season, we quickly got separated in our somewhat fruitless quest for ridable terrain. Lower part of the mountain was real corny over high carbon steel boiler plate. the practice feild was nice until you hit turtle creek, after a few there, the crew further splintered, with Sandy and Ink heading to the ridge, 007 and Ice went to 6, NSFNG and myself reconned Bennetts. I think lance, Katie and Captain Dave hit the practice field again.  We lost Chris and friend at this point, Bennetts sucked, and we all regrouped on Roulette. Except for Chris, who we lost again.  As noted earlier, it was a disjointed day.  Inky and Sandy caught up to us after their somewhat unsuccessful foray into big mountain riding.  Roulette turned out to be the $hit. We once again, annihilated it. Team Coiler(Carvin Marvin and myself) thoroughly enjoyed  curbstomping and wrapping our easy riding sticks into turns about half the advertised radius without consequence, whilst the rest of the team rutted the unholy hell out of the run, leaving those skiers and riders of lesser skill searching for less trencherous environs.  A few on Richards and we adjourned to the Rat for liquid analgesic recovery drinks.  A day that started out as crap actually finished up Amazingly.

Closing Day

I should have stayed in bed yesterday, biggest meh day of the season, The only grooming they did was running the cat down the middle of the roped off banked slalom course to make it unrideable, kinda like the rest of the mountain.

I was feeling quite petulant at this point, and took my ball and went home, later drowning my sorrows in Berry infused Kentucky mules while listening to Psychobilly on my front porch with my neighbor while the rest of the gang toasted the end of the season with a fine selection of microbrews, and ciders,  snarfing on Fancy Lad Sandys signature fondue. 

Once a gain a big thank you to all the people that I have the pleasure of riding with and sharing the stoke every Sunday during Carve Church, Y'all are Awesome!  Looking forward to healing up, and coming back leaner, meaner, and healthier next fall

Less Biffs in 23/24,

Mario

Edited by big mario
One Mario is more than enough...
  • Like 8

On 5/8/2023 at 7:32 PM, big mario said:

Once a gain a big thank you to all the people that I have the pleasure of riding with and sharing the stoke every Sunday during Carve Church, Y'all are Awesome!  Looking forward to healing up, and coming back leaner, meaner, and healthier next fall

Less Biffs in 23/24,

Mario

Katie and I are in for 23/24. We should plan some powder alliance excursions! We plan to have a summer get together. Hope to see you all soon!

• Like 5

• 4 months later...
On 10/10/2023 at 8:17 AM, inkaholic said:

@Corey, currently not in the LCI plans to attend this seasons event otherwise we'd be all over it... along with breaking in your new board for you. Sorry

ink

Ya, if I had volunteered to grab it, probably wouldn't ever make it there... Those specs were right up my alley.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

It seems our friends @Odd Job (orange jacket), @svr2 (neon green jacket) and @ice (blue jacket) are getting it on and enjoying the first day! 

IMG_7519.jpeg

You guys are famous for getting on the local news! @ice was in the frame for a while! 😆 But the line looks gnarly!!!

Edited by yamifumi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2