Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

3 hours ago, JohnE said:

Know anybody who has ridden with Jones Pass Guides?:

https://www.jonespassguides.com/

Any feedback - positive / negative?

Didn't someone with them die in an avalanche a few years ago?

Edit, it was a photographer from powder addiction

Edited by big mario

18 hours ago, big mario said:

It looks like Powder Addiction has renamed itself to Jones Pass Guides. 

22 hours ago, big mario said:

What boots, bindings, heel/toe lift, stance width were they running? Probably could have made a life or death difference.

big jerry

• Haha 2

Another great day at Loveland yesterday. First ones on the lift. Firebowl was groomed 12 cats wide! We hit that early and often and carved nearly edge of groom to edge of groom. Fairly empty to start but then got a bit busy with mostly older skiers. 

We made a pact to head up Lift #9 at least once a season until we are just too old. Went up yesterday for the 1st time this season and did the big traverse over to Rookie Road. On the traverse we came upon a skier who looked lost. He said he was from Clearwater, Florida and wondered how to get down. We told him to follow us. We paused halfway down and he said "wow - you guys really rock on on those boards!". Rookie Road was not worth the traverse. 

We did one on Apollo (not so good), 3 on Keno (great) and 2 on Roulette (also great). 17 runs total and then back to the lodge at 1PM for a Telluride Brewery Stout (yummy). 

Snow is still good but they could use some freshening. 

• Like 2

I made it up both Sat and Sun! I was riding with a friend from college all weekend. 

The snow was absolutely outstanding. Luv got around 12in of new snow Friday night. Saturday was easily the best day of my season. Enormous heaps of light, fluffy snow everywhere. We were absolutely swimming in it. We spent most of the morning on 8 surfing wide untouched lanes in a sea of white, and floating through the trees. 9 opened later and then we blasted down the bowls, slashing through the drifts that were knee deep. If you took a tumble, everything was made of pillows. The energy on the mountain Saturday was invigorating. Every where you went, people were whooping and yipping with glee.

If Sat had the best snow, Sun was the most fun. Luv got yet another 5in overnight again and filled in the tracks from the day before. My buddy and I went up again, this time with another friend and the three of us did it all over again. We went at it until our legs were jello and they closed the lifts. The Moss delivered yet again. I adore how that board handles in powder.

Looking forward to riding again next weekend. I'll be there Sunday and possibly Sat too. See y'all there!  -FNG

• Like 3

I'm jealous. Haven't had a true powder day for several years. Usually on powder days the roads are a mess, traffic is horrible (even during the week), lift lines are long and you often only get 3 or 4 runs in before everything is tracked out. We know where to look at Loveland on a powder day but those "secrets" are getting out. Sounds like fun! Lucky you!

7 hours ago, slopestar said:

We got chair 3 Saturday. It was awesome. Abay on Sunday for us… sorry guys. Going up with some friends. They ski and are good. I feel like they are going to want to ride moguls and steeps all day…

It's pretty bad at ABasin today. Liftie told me this morning was really bad.

It was pretty crowded, even at 3pm. I felt like I was at Vail.

Lots of diverse people that looked like they were solving their PhD thesis while on the hill.

Edited by Odd Job

Bummed I couldn't do it today. Ieft stupid early, and got there stupid early. Started feeling crappy  while waiting for the sun to come up. Went up to the a frame at 7:30 to hit the head,  I couldn't breathe after the second set of stairs, and had a full blown panic attack.  Headed back down the hill. Best decision I made all day. Ill try again next week, hopefully I will be far enough away from the covid that I can get some turns in

Mario

Edited by big mario
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1