Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

It was a good one on Sunday, though  i was feeling a bit tentative after my encounter with Zachery from eastern Ohio. I think my neck was more tired from 6 checks than my legs were. Thanks for picking up my slack Lance!

• Like 2

Impending Doom.

Physically,I really did luck out when Zachery from eastern ohio hit me 2 weeks ago.  Mentally, not so much.  I made some good turns, put together a few, but never got comfortable and confident enough to really open things up. For me, it was kind of a "meh" day. We hit mambo for a few, Roulette, and Richards. Snow was good on all, we avoided spillway, which is still a little narrow and lumpy

Those having a much better day than I, in no particular order, were 007, Ice, Odd Job, SVR, Slopestar, and Ms Katie.  Impressive riding by all. Hoping that this next storm drops a little further south, and supplements the snowmaking, giving us a few more options.

See you Sunday,

Mario

• Like 5

First day of the season yesterday for Gregory (RocketMan69) and me. Did not expect much. No new snow for some time and predicted cold & windy. 

5 degrees in the parking lot. We got out on our new Donek Fluxes - each with new bindings. 

We did a lap or 2 on Mambo & then saw that Ptarmigan was open. The snow was much better than expected. Pretty firm, dry and chalky. We did about 15 runs between 9AM and about 12:30PM when we were both toast. We did about 5 on Firebowl, 5 on Roulette (including at least 2x non-stops) and the rest on Mambo and one on Dueces (a mistake). 

We didn't have to wait for openings. It was mostly openings with the occasional skier as an exception. 

Had a great time. The carving was wonderful. Gregory is convinced it is the new board. I'm thinking it had more to do with the conditions. The difference between my new Flux and my 4 year old Flux is pretty subtle. But the new one has a tighter SCR and I do believe it carves a tighter turn. 

• Like 1

disjointed

hi everybody,

big a$$ crew out today,

Coach ink, Dustin, Kneel, 007, fng justin and lisa, odd job, ice, slopestar, ms. katie , sandy and my sorry a$$.

Unfortunately, a bit more carnage than usual today, with 007 getting taken out in the liftline(WTF????!!!!) and coach Ink face splatting, resulting in a nice shiner.  I am still operating with a low grade feeling of impending doom, though the additional terrain did take some pressure off.  Rhetorical question, what is the point of pointing it?  Got strafed on Roulette, as well as home run, I wish more people would embrace the experience and the joy of vestibular motion, it would certainly make the slopes feel a lot safer. I wish for a speedy recovery for Inky and Hillary. We ended up broken up into smaller groups due to all the aforementioned carnage, with the Jersey boys, Kneel and I spending a lot of time together

Still riding the bondage pant topsheet 8rw, and loving it.  hit some 2x firm on a heallie, and still managed to hold it despite riding mostly colorado hero for the last 25+ years. Thirsts are AMAZING!!!  Thanks Mark, you seriously have your $hit together with your builds

Mario

• Like 5

I am really tired of gapers and Patrol that do absolutely nothing to keep the general public safe from:

• Ski Racers- Do I need to explain?
  • Straightliners- Both skiers and snowboarders capable of high speeds but have no ability to stop
  • Freego skiers-These are the momma bears and their kids and includes young men skiers locked into death plow meandering all over runs with squared shoulders
  • Anyone riding or skiing above their ability or on terrain above their ability-
    • This includes anyone popping out onto a trail from the trees or claiming that you cut them off from below- insert skier responsibility code here__________________________________________
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, slopestar said:

I am really tired of gapers and Patrol that do absolutely nothing to keep the general public safe from:

• Ski Racers- Do I need to explain?
  • Straightliners- Both skiers and snowboarders capable of high speeds but have no ability to stop
  • Freego skiers-These are the momma bears and their kids and includes young men skiers locked into death plow meandering all over runs with squared shoulders
  • Anyone riding or skiing above their ability or on terrain above their ability-
    • This includes anyone popping out onto a trail from the trees or claiming that you cut them off from below- insert skier responsibility code here__________________________________________

Patrol had the perfect opportunity to yank that pass. SMH. I've got a pretty nice a$$ shiner! I hope Ink is feeling better today!

Edited by HillB
  • Sad 3

15 hours ago, HillB said:

Patrol had the perfect opportunity to yank that pass. SMH. I've got a pretty nice a$$ shiner! I hope Ink is feeling better today!

Thanks 007, I feel fine, just a bit tender around that left eye. Keep healing up, I hope to be out some next week as I have off. Will let you all know when I'll be coming up.

Ink

• Like 3

5 hours ago, inkaholic said:

Thanks 007, I feel fine, just a bit tender around that left eye. Keep healing up, I hope to be out some next week as I have off. Will let you all know when I'll be coming up.

Ink

Good to hear! My son comes in Friday Night so we too will be up during the next couple weeks as much as he is willing. probably spending a lot of time on 3...

• Like 4

RocketMan69 went up today and said the place was swarming with stem-christy type skiers, most of the runs weren't groomed and the cold winter storm was moving in. I expect the week between Christmas & New Years will be full of OklaKanBraska skiers. I cracked my wrist last Thursday so I'll likely be out for a while. 

35 minutes ago, skhil said:

Hi, LCI crew! I'd love to join you on next Sunday if Christmas crowds don't squeeze you out of the slope. You are usually riding on Sunday mornings at Loveland, right? How do I find you there?

8:30 at chets dream. I'm going up Saturday due to familial commitments. There should be a decent amount of the crew out

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, skhil said:

Hi, LCI crew! I'd love to join you on next Sunday if Christmas crowds don't squeeze you out of the slope. You are usually riding on Sunday mornings at Loveland, right? How do I find you there?

Look for the trail of destruction in the form of bumps, bruises, black eyes and turn-anxiety left by gapers and straight-liners and you should find them. 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Water heater issues. Part should be here early today. May or may not be related to the cold. Pos rheem water heater, didn’t work when I first put it in 2 months ago, broke again 2 weeks later, and now again 1.5 months later. Don’t buy Home Depot crap, get your home stuff from a real, reputable supplier

The good news is we have running water, it's just a tad on the chilly side

mario

Edited by big mario
  • Like 2

Ride report 12/25

Katie and I met Iceman after a lap. He had picked up a pair of skwallers... Names elude me. From Jersey! and will be at Montuckey. We were joined By Ex-Racer Hill and Odd Job at chair 3 where there was less wind and even fewer people except for 2 skiers that repeatedly locked into straightline/deathplows... sketchy-its out there. We made several laps on 3 and retired to the Bar where Kevin treated. Thanks Kevin! I was fortunate enough to stuff a heelside infront of everyone in the base area. if you cant crash in front of your friends... did you really crash? all good but a little bit sore. It was fun for sure and we enjoyed the light traffic.

Hoping my son Wayne makes it for some turns. we just wrapped up his second cancelled flight in a s many days and are still trying to get him here. My hope in humanity and air travel is fleeting... Happy Holidays everyone

• Like 4

11 hours ago, slopestar said:

Names elude me

Hi, skwallers here. Names are Sergey and Ksenia. Thank you for showing us around. I've never been to Loveland before and I had to look into a map only one time! It was fun and not so crowded (at least by NY standards😁).

• Like 4