Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

1 hour ago, bigwavedave said:

Is that Ink (kinda looked like Kevin's riding?) on the swallowtail? An Incline swallowtail? I'd love to hear more about that board. I love my Thirst swallowtails for carving. Somehow, they really smooth out chop and ruts. 

Nice riding everybody!

RE: the big ruts, maybe just put down the pork rolls 😉

I dropped 3lbs on the table in front of that @Carvin' Marvinkid a couple weeks ago, you shoulda seen the smile on his face. Cooked a few slices on the manifold on the ride home even...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

35 minutes ago, Kneel said:

Meh, they're ok.  Did they show you the secret handshake? Make you an "official" member of the LCI? It USED to be an exclusive group, now they let just about everyone in...🙄

Meh, I just have an affinity for east coasters...

• Like 1

I think that might have been one of mine.  I have taken myself out as well as a few of my teammates in the past.

mario

upon further review of the full clip, it was in fact my trench that got that poor unsuspecting skier. I like how she drops in, hooks up, and totally takes off in a totally unintended direction before she biffs

Edited by big mario
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, big mario said:

it was in fact my trench

It was hard to tell but there is a “significant” void in the foreground.

The videos clearly depict a variety of styles/techniques and skill levels further enhanced with slow motion.

Looked like a great day of carving.

Thanks to the cameraman.

• Like 3

Its cold, its windy, you wouldn't like it...

I think I have a shirt that says that

Before management decided to be all safety conscious and $hit and shut things down when things got a wee bit bracing, we would ride in wind chills of -25f and greater. I was never accused of being a smart man...

Edited by big mario
  • Like 1

On 1/27/2023 at 2:38 PM, JohnE said:

My buddy RocketMan69 was at Loveland on Wednesday 1/25 and saw some hardbooters ripping it up on Roulette. Who was that?

There was someone yelling and whoohoooing from the lift.  I wonder if that was your buddy!

We both agreed that yesterday may have been the BEST DAY EVER!. Snow conditions weren't Hero - they were SuperHero. Great groom everywhere: Firebowl, Turtlecreek, Roulette, Keno (even the steep section), Scrub and Apollo. Four to six cat passes on some runs. Cold but sunny. Very few people on the slopes - mostly older skiers. No close calls. Edge grip on the perfect corduroy was amazing. Making huge carves and hearing that edge just buzzing through the cord. 

The snow held up well and though the cord was gone, the carving was still great when our legs gave out about 1PM. 15 runs. 

I was at Vail last week with some ski buddies and the grooming sucked. 

We went down to the office at the end of the day and told them that Loveland Groomers are the BEST!

Another great day again yesterday. Once again the lodge was full of older skiers. Very little concern about unaware people on the slopes, few if any straightliners. We were one of the first chairs up Ptarmigan. As we cleared the knoll we saw that Firebowl was groomed TEN PASSES WIDE!. We carved that up again and again and again. Bennet's was about 2 passes wide and Roulette was ungroomed. Blue sky, sunshine, cool but not cold, no wind. 14 runs between 9AM and about 12:30. 

IMG_1411.JPG

• Like 3

On 2/8/2023 at 9:43 AM, JohnE said:

Another great day again yesterday. Once again the lodge was full of older skiers. Very little concern about unaware people on the slopes, few if any straightliners. We were one of the first chairs up Ptarmigan. As we cleared the knoll we saw that Firebowl was groomed TEN PASSES WIDE!. We carved that up again and again and again. Bennet's was about 2 passes wide and Roulette was ungroomed. Blue sky, sunshine, cool but not cold, no wind. 14 runs between 9AM and about 12:30. 

IMG_1411.JPG

I saw you guys there! 

4 hours ago, slopestar said:

Wanted to ride. Knew I would be solo and wasn’t thrilled about warm and then cold temps for conditions. And everyone burned out after Montana. The eggs Benedict I made was good. Next week…

Ice, Kyle,  and I were there! You should have come!

• Like 3