Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

6 hours ago, slopestar said:

If you are not heading up the pass by 6 am- stay home. Really Sad how bad it is now. And WP is bottle necked by Berthoud pass and by one stupid stop light on the way back

Remember Berthoud before all the childproofing? You had to WANT it. Now? Any sucker can brave it. 

• Haha 1

Another good day at Loveland Thursday. About 9" of new on the picnic tables. More crowded than a regular weekday. I think the new snow brought out the powder seekers. Mostly older skiers in the lodge. Different crowd than last week (more school/college age people then). 

Arne joined us for his first day on a board since having vertebrae fused last October. FIrst run on Firebowl and then over to Bennet's. Arne was having equipment and other issues and bailed after 2 runs. 

Per our usual pattern we headed over to #8 by about 10AM. The lift lines were longer than any recent midweek non-powder day but the slopes were pretty open. Some nice partial powder runs followed by trying to carve cut-up stiff snow. No issues with other folks on the snow (mostly to ourselves). Still love our Fluxes and never thought "Am I on the right board?".  

Bailed out down Face (which still SUCKS!) with 2 - 3 more runs on Ptarmigan and #6. 

The recent snows should make for some great carving in the days & weeks ahead!

• Like 1

Flat light, firm, funky, and fun!

We are definitely deep in the heart of the season, crazy traffic stupid early, loads of beginner's, first time out for the season, and a few freaks sking in jeans. Thank Goodness many of those Johnny come lately's have to rent equipment, and the rental shop is horribly inefficient, giving us a few hours of relatively kook free carving.  Of all the runs we hit, Roulette was by far the best, though the onslaught of Harry and Harriet Holiday tended to put a damper on things after 10.  Such is the plight of a weekend warrior, c'est la vie...

Another good, solid, complement of riders out today, regulars Sandy, Inky, Ice, and myself were joined by D.T. Ms. Shelly, Justin the FNG, and his Honey, Lisa. As always, everyone was killing it. Lift hoots and call outs were given out freely by the masses watching from above as we all slayed the terrain under 6, a little bit of ego stroking is always nice.

Sandy, that was awesome of you to give out your retirement coins to those of us that will not be able to make your retirement ceremony, I am deeply honored, thank you!

Mario

ps, time to make a 4 noses con leche imperial stout beer milkshake, like i really need it...

Edited by big mario
  • Like 6

Most definitely a fun one yesterday Bigs, even if the light didn't want to play like Saturdays softie carving/mogul day I had. Legs were a bit lazy still but getting there. Love having the bigger groups out knifing the phucking place, *JD, to bits.

KTV looking forward to adding you fellas to the sesh next week. With our passes we can get $95 buddy tix for you fellas if you need.

ink

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, inkaholic said:

Most definitely a fun one yesterday Bigs, even if the light didn't want to play like Saturdays softie carving/mogul day I had. Legs were a bit lazy still but getting there. Love having the bigger groups out knifing the phucking place, *JD, to bits.

KTV looking forward to adding you fellas to the sesh next week. With our passes we can get $95 buddy tix for you fellas if you need.

ink

We must have been a chair ahead all day Saturday. Ripped up the Practice field with katie and Daughter Julia. Went to 4 and tore up Mercury 3 or 4x then hit the short bus to 3. It was all phenomenal conditions except for the sheer number and level of gaper on the mountain. This included the race team... They decided to block off the bottom of Switchback/Twist for 15 racers just before mid day... Busiest weekend of the year and they had to block that off. I laid into the race director in their office. He had nothing to say... Next week, dropping into Twist... i'm rutting their precious course. They can have my pass for a week or two while we go to Aspen...

Edited by slopestar
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, inkaholic said:

ink

Thanks for the offer Ink.

This time, I'm prepared. After learning about the 4 packs last year, I picked some up in November. We're set on tickets.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, slopestar said:

We must have been a chair ahead all day Saturday. Ripped up the Practice field with katie and Daughter Julia. Went to 4 and tore up Mercury 3 or 4x then hit the short bus to 3. It was all phenomenal conditions except for the sheer number and level of gaper on the mountain. This included the race team... They decided to block off the bottom of Switchback/Twist for 15 racers just before mid day... Busiest weekend of the year and they had to block that off. I laid into the race director in their office. He had nothing to say... Next week, dropping into Twist... i'm rutting their precious course. They can have my pass for a week or two while we go to Aspen...

My buddy and I arrived around 10. Couple laps through the park to get clips for him then down Sunburst Chute for a couple backflip clips of him. Some mogul runs off 4 then some carving runs for my clips.  Good time and definite challenge for me getting reacquainted with softies. Out by 2. 

• Like 2

POWDER.

Weather called for ~2in Sunday night, but Luv got more like ~7in with snow drifting higher in places. On Monday, I took the Moss out for a powder day and it did not disappoint. The wide nose and fish tail make you feel like you are surfing on a cloud. To top it off, the Moss' base is wicked fast. I zoomed past many a rider who'd sunk and was swimming their way out of the pillows. Phenomenal board, highly recommended.

Surprisingly, it was not very crowded either. Got 2nd chair on lift 8 and made beautiful surfy turns all day there until legs turned to jelly. Unfortunately, no photos. Too busy making friends and slashing big piles of fluffy goodness.

• Like 3

Thank you Lci crew!  Sun is out, great hero snow, amazing people. 
It's an honor to participate in the sacred church of carve and received holy communion that is pure stoke.
Still grinning ear to ear thinking about today.
The positive energy feedback loop is just amazing. 
An inexplicable bond formed when you find "your people" and sharing this wonderful sports that we all go cuckoo for.

• Like 9

Such a fun day with a BIG crew out. Stoked to have the out of state folks join us.

Thank you @yamifumi for recording some of the action!

ink

@pow4ever "An inexplicable bond formed when you find "your people" and sharing this wonderful sports that we all go cuckoo for."

Well said 😁

Edited by inkaholic
  • Like 6

24 minutes ago, JohnE said:

I haven't seen Kevin ride in many years but his style is immediately recognizable and so flawless. Of all the riders I have seen, he and Norm have the most recognizable and beautiful form. 

Agreed. Those two are my biggest riding inspirations. The two most fluid riders I’ve ever seen. My riding took off when I started riding with the LCI trying my best to copy Kevin with Derek’s coaching. 

• Like 5

It's as though Kevin has powerful magnets in his hands that repel the slope. The closer his hands get to the snow, the repulsive force increases exponentially. He touches the snow only occasionally. The razor thin line between not touching the snow and dragging a whole arm on the snow. 

• Like 1

Is that Ink (kinda looked like Kevin's riding?) on the swallowtail? An Incline swallowtail? I'd love to hear more about that board. I love my Thirst swallowtails for carving. Somehow, they really smooth out chop and ruts. 

Nice riding everybody!

RE: the big ruts, maybe just put down the pork rolls 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, bigwavedave said:

Is that Ink (kinda looked like Kevin's riding?) on the swallowtail? An Incline swallowtail? I'd love to hear more about that board. I love my Thirst swallowtails for carving. Somehow, they really smooth out chop and ruts. 

Nice riding everybody!

RE: the big ruts, maybe just put down the pork rolls 😉

Kevin is on the swallowtail. It is an Alpinepunk Afterburner 182 from +15 years ago.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, pow4ever said:

Thank you Lci crew!  Sun is out, great hero snow, amazing people. 
It's an honor to participate in the sacred church of carve and received holy communion that is pure stoke.
Still grinning ear to ear thinking about today.
The positive energy feedback loop is just amazing. 
An inexplicable bond formed when you find "your people" and sharing this wonderful sports that we all go cuckoo for.

Meh, they're ok.  Did they show you the secret handshake? Make you an "official" member of the LCI? It USED to be an exclusive group, now they let just about everyone in...🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 6