Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

2 minutes ago, big mario said:

Bummed I couldn't do it today. Ieft stupid early, and got there stupid early. Started feeling crappy  while waiting for the sun to come up. Went up to the a frame at 7:30 to hit the head,  I couldn't breathe after the second set of stairs, and had a full blown panic attack.  Headed back down the hill. Best decision I made all day. Ill try again next week, hopefully I will be far enough away from the covid that I can get some turns in

Mario

You could’ve at least shared it with me to boost my immune response.

Get well soon.

• Thanks 1

Good group minus the BIG one. Hillb, Ice, SVR, OddJob, J49, greenie and myself on snow today. Softer groom then expected had large trenches being made by all. Practice field was destroyed quickly, fire cut was finally groomed wide with ridges, rolls and other abnormalities. Roulette was pretty good but again, trenched up quickly. Spillway was the firmest run on the hill today. Richards was the usual good stuff till the lift line crossing where idiots were jumping onto the run without spotter or even looking up. Thankfully none of us were taken out.

Greenie, get more aggressive with your riding, both soft and hardboots. Great to see you in the lineup again and hope you make it out before the season finale.

Ink 

Hoping for a more complete recovery from BIGs so he can be back on hill this coming weekend.

Edited by inkaholic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Had a blast yesterday! Great crew and solid weather, even if it was a bit cold. I love riding with you all. Missed ya Big, feel better. Nice to meet you Greenie, come ride again soon.

I'll be in Steamboat next weekend. Hopefully I'll catch up the following week, 4/3.

-FNG

• Like 2

On 3/20/2023 at 8:12 PM, J49 said:

Had a blast yesterday! Great crew and solid weather, even if it was a bit cold. I love riding with you all. Missed ya Big, feel better. Nice to meet you Greenie, come ride again soon.

I'll be in Steamboat next weekend. Hopefully I'll catch up the following week, 4/3.

-FNG

Close your eyes at night at Strawberry Hot Springs, if it's a sausage fest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Odd Job said:

Close your eyes at night at Strawberry Hot Springs, if it's a sausage fest.

Close your eyes?!? Keep lookin' over your shoulder for straightliners! And DEFINITLY don't drop your towel. :eek:

I'll be there, Steamboat, not Strawberry, all next week.  Pork roll express rolling into DEN tomorrow  afternoon! Again, not at Strawberry Park. Lovey on 3/26 and 4/2 hopefully. 👍

• Like 3

Great day yesterday. Lots of runs through consistent windpacked powder along with some very nice groom. Several inches of new on the previous couple of days. Reportedly very windy on Wednesday. Some really awesome runs on Awesome. Big sections of untracked snow about boot top deep. Spring Break crowds were definitely in force but we managed to avoid most of them. Probably about 15 runs total from 9AM to about 12:30 when the light went flat and the snow got pretty bumpy. Still no melt/freeze yet. Keep your fingers crossed. 

Sunday was fun. Bigs Ice HillB SVR and myself for the lineup. Bigs and Ice on hards with the rest playing on softies. I had fun testing SVR's backup step on boot/binder combo on the Gold 181 proto RA. Then swapped boots to give the lil Liberation pow floater a go in some tracked up fluffy stuff. Good times with RAD people. Bigs, glad you're feeling a bit better.

This coming Sunday is a Tanker sesh so be sure to bring yours out and get laps in with us and some special guests. There may be some extra Tankers on site if you don't have one but bring binders if you want to play on one.

ink

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Good day yesterday (but not in the Top 5 this season). Tried to get Arne to join us but he was at Winter Park on Wednesday and his shoulder was hurting. Hopefully next week. Spring Break is nearing an end. Fewer people yesterday and slanted toward the older skier demographic. Grooming was very good but several favorites were not groomed. Got in 15 runs between 9AM & 12:30 or so. 

Drive up was a breeze. Drive home was great until just west of Idaho Springs. An accident and/or construction backed up traffic at least as far as the base of Floyd Hill. We wound up going down Clear Creek (mistake) and there was about a 2 mile stretch of 1 way road. What should have been a 45 minute drive took nearly 2 hours. Yuk. 

Those rotten kids of mine forced me to stay another day in Steamboat riding in that dreadful powder on Friday AND Saturday.  Even had to ride in soft boots. The humanity. I couldn't move this morning. Sorry to miss it...again. 😞

I'll be at Copper this week if anyone is around. 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Tanker Sesh was a blast.

Myself, Big Mario, Ice, Hillb, D.T., J49, Lisa, SVR, Slopestar, Andrew, James, Laurel, and the Rad Air man himself, Harry Gunz. 

4-201s, 1-200, and both of SVR's Rad Air-Winterstick collab boards.

Carving was great. Some of the crew headed for 8 and 9 the views and wind blown crust and blown it fluff. Some went for more groomers to rut up. I stuck with groomers as the proto 201 stiff was a bit much to handle in the crusty stuff. But dang, I really had a blast on it carving groomers in softies.

Libations at the Rathskeller then on to Clear Creek Cidery and Eatery for off hill good times.

Thanks for playing with the LCI, it was a blast and I can't wait to ride with you all again!

To those traveling to Switzerland and the Longboard Classic in Stuben, have a safe and great time. Maybe next year.

ink

• Like 4

9 hours ago, inkaholic said:

Tanker Sesh was a blast.

Myself, Big Mario, Ice, Hillb, D.T., J49, Lisa, SVR, Slopestar, Andrew, James, Laurel, and the Rad Air man himself, Harry Gunz. 

Carving was great. Some of the crew headed for 8 and 9 the views and wind blown crust and blown it fluff. Some went for more groomers to rut up. I stuck with groomers as the proto 201 stiff was a bit much to handle in the crusty stuff. But dang, I really had a blast on it carving groomers in softies.

Libations at the Rathskeller then on to Clear Creek Cidery and Eatery for off hill good times.

Thanks for playing with the LCI, it was a blast and I can't wait to ride with you all again!

To those traveling to Switzerland and the Longboard Classic in Stuben, have a safe and great time. Maybe next year.

ink

Thanks to all for helping show the new crew around🤘😎🏂🤙❄️

e78a88cc-d323-4faf-87e9-192274f54c9f.jpeg

401618de-edbd-431f-baa7-f756da1f20a9.jpeg

• Like 3

On 4/5/2023 at 8:02 AM, inkaholic said:

Tanker Sesh was a blast.

That is SO freakin' awesome!

• Like 2

13 carvers - that must have been a sight!

We went up yesterday. I bought a 12 pack of mixed beer and made up a note that read "Loveland groomers are the BEST! Better than Aspen. Better than Vail. REALLY!". I put the note on the 12 pack and gave it to someone in the office. She said that the groomers would really appreciate it. 

April carving can be soooo sweet - especially if the snow holds up. And it is holding up quite well this season. The days are long, the weather is warmer and the Spring Break crowds are gone. Many people have just shut off their "let's go skiing" brain. Traffic heading up was non-existent. People in the lodge were mostly older skiers. We were on one of the first chairs going up Ptarmigan. Our first 3 rides up still had snow on the seat. Grooming on Firebowl was 10 - 12 passes wide. 

We got in 17 runs between 9am & 1pm. Ten runs on Apollo - Creek Trail. Almost nobody on that run. Ski Tracker showed 20.7 miles. Cold day to start (7 degrees) but sunny. The snow held up well and was still in great shape when we packed it in. A Cabin Creek Argentine Ale at the end and an easy cruise home.  

• Like 2

Up again yesterday. Warm day. Corduroy started off very firm up high. By 10 AM it was softening up. By 10:30 it was really nice. By 11:30 it was a slushfest. We packed it in by about 12:15. Surprisingly crowded for a early April Tuesday. Parking lot was about 3/4 full. Deep blue sky with not a cloud all day. 

Rode up the lift with a old skier and we discussed the grooming. He said he heard that the groom crew at Loveland are farmers from Nebraska & Kansas that run farm equipment all summer but have no work in the winter so they go to Loveland to run the Pisten Bullys. Maybe that's why the grooming is so good. They're doing 3 dimensional farming! 

Brown spots on the snow under Lift #4. Don't think the snow will hold up much longer with a string of warm days ahead. Maybe yesterday was my last day of the season. 15 days x 15 runs/day = 225 runs. About 850 vertical feet/run = about 190,000 vertical feet this season. 

Conditions wise - this was probably the worst day of the season: too icy to start, too slushy at the end but pretty fun in the middle. This was the worst day in a season of great days. So - still fun!

Edited by JohnE
New info

PSA:

Jerry and Jeraldene are out there, using up those 4 packs that they sat on too long whilst waiting on that perfect weekend pow day which never happened.  Ink got buzzed by 3 Jerry's in a row, and Jeraldene thought it was a good Idea to see how close she could get to me on the apex of a toe side('bout 3 feet from my board) High levels of randomonium were also experienced, perpetuated by the single leg wobble pizza  wedge crowd, as well as a lovey instructor stopping with his charge discussing hand position in the middle of Roulette just out of site under the roller at the top. Certainly made for an interesting morning.

Anybody remember this guy?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLZUIS9X6c4

did my best imitation of him on my first real run of the day when I got a little too sassy with the thirst, and the thirst sassed me back with a short low earth orbit.  The orbit was okay, the reentry, not so much. My cranium left a nice asteroid like impact crater in the rather firm groom, witnessed up close and personal by our resident Goth Girl, 007. 

Despite all of the preceding drama, a rather pleasent day was had by all, in addition to the aforementioned 007, and Ink, we were joined by Ice, Katie, Lance, and Surfer Dave from Hermosa beach.  3 Sundays left, next week is looking good if the forecast holds.

Mario

• Like 3

That actually happened a few Sundays ago, where the phuck were you!!!???

Nice board, I have one just like it

14 hours ago, lordmetroland said:

2023 Tanker Day at Loveland! Wait, where the f*** is everybody?!?IMG_4536.jpeg.705bc17f30ddb30fcd213baa7c722d9e.jpeg

On 4/5/2023 at 5:59 PM, svr2 said:

Thanks to all for helping show the new crew around🤘😎🏂🤙❄️

e78a88cc-d323-4faf-87e9-192274f54c9f.jpeg

401618de-edbd-431f-baa7-f756da1f20a9.jpeg

Edited by big mario
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1