Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Finally, flannel weather

Chilly, snowy, and fairly empty early on.  3'' of fluff on top of a soft groom. Day 1, so I did what any rational person would do, and broke out the new thirst 8RW wit the flannelscnhitzel topsheet.  It was the perfect choice.  From one footing it off of the lift into a gentle, lightly carved heelie, to a bunch of quick heel/toe turns, into a solid heelie on the very first turn, I quickly became one with the new stick.   That was the best first run of the season I have ever had. It was definitely the equipment, and not the rider. It'll be a bit, but all of you other goofy Basterds need to ride this board, it's got magics!!

Light crew on the first 2, Lance, Katie, and myself, we finally started picking up the stragglers before our third. with FNG, Juwanamo,007, Ice, and MR.E joining us. It turned into a nice little posse before it started getting cut up and busier right about the time the Rat opened. Such convenient, and perfect timing

Good to see everyone for our Sunday session kickoff, next Sunday is right around the corner!

Mario

• Like 8

Carve Church 11/13, day 2

10f in the parking lot around 8 am, with multiple days of grooming made for a nice firm start to the day. Patroller in the lift chicane spying and Kevin's and my foot ware and called out '' good day for plate's" he was not off target.  For this early in the season, it was pretty phenomenal.  

Once again, the 8RW was the scalpel of choice.  I had a little bit of fun with Ice, I saw a shadow behind me, looked back, saw he was tailgunning me, and thought "oh, would you like to play?" and proceeded to tighten up my turns and make him work a bit.  I paid the price on the next run when I had to put it sideways through a gaggle of geeks that I came upon in the same spot, hitting my previous runs trenches fully sideways.  Ouch.  Not fun.  No wonder people dont like to follow me.

Softie riders outnumbered the fruitbooters today, with Juwanamo, Lance, Katie, and Lance's surfing buddy Dave tearing it up in mush boots, and Kevin and I in hards. Called it after 6 runs, crowds were ramping up, gaps were getting smaller, and I wanted to end on a positive note.  One more week of the race teams, then into that peaceful period between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I have to say, there have been less racers than normal this year, it has been rather pleasant.  John Deere and Tank will be joining us next week, looking forward to it!

mario

• Like 6

Hello friends, welcome back for another winter; the best season of all. Luvy is open for the season and turns have already been made. I made it out on the first Sunday open along with several other folks mentioned above. Snow was meh. Loose and not groomed, it piled up into big heaps making turns laborious. I still did a few bonus runs after most folks bailed with OddJob before it got too busy to feel safe.

This past weekend I made it out with some old friends from Ohio on Friday. Still only 1 run open, but the snow was hero and the sun was shining. Ran into Odd Job again, but only took 1 run together. He was putting down some deep carves, even on softies. Much less crowded than last weekend. Enough room to link turns until out of breath.

Saturday I got up early and went again while my buddies were still hung-over in bed. Colder today and much firmer than Friday. The groom would send you skittering across like a drop of water on a hot skillet if you lost your edge. More crowded today and pretty tired myself so only a few runs. Still, got some really satisfying turns in. I really, really like the Thirst.

Like Mario, I've been rocking the 8RW these first few days. Love that board. Man, its so much fun to ride. Can't wait for another excellent season with y'all!! I'll be out of town this coming weekend, but I'll catch back up asap. Hopefully coming back to more runs open!   -FNG

• Like 3

Well I've sold off most of my hardboot gear and I've bought only midweek passes for the last several years so I won't be joining the Sunday crew any more. 

I worked and worked at hardbooting but just never got comfortable with it. Now I'm strictly a mid-week softbooter but I'm having a blast. 

I'd like to express my gratitude to the Sunday crew for getting me addicted to carving. Especially to Derek and Mario for all of your tips, lessons & encouragement. I still recall riding up Lift #2 with my regular snowboard gear and seeing the crew carving up weeks old snow and thinking "that looks like fun!".

Several weeks later I had bought my first used hardboot setup. I was riding up Lift 6 by myself and the guy ahead of me asked "how are you liking your plate setup?". That was the first time I met Derek. I expected you guys to be elitist and exclusionary. The opposite was true. 

I've worked & worked at it and have enjoyed every moment. Carving is the most fun thing in my life.  

Thanks again to all of the Sunday crew. Maybe we'll see you up at Loveland some weekday this season! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Greetings from the Land of Enchantment, New Mexico.

i don't know when / if i'll get to loveland this season -- my one day last year there was a blast -- so again, i offer an open invite to ride down here.   both ski sante fe and taos offer excellent carving, and i know both areas very well at this point.  i get to taos midweek on occasion and sleep in the parking lot (in the Vansion) the night before -- the hardy are welcome.  i also make it to wolf creek  (like last tuesday; no one was there and the groom was quality).

kevin has all my contact info.

cheers -

• Like 3

It seemed like the racers and the stoners were on the same page today, after an hour of swinging their legs back and forth in a circle the stoners hit the lifts at the same time that the racers finished their last parking lot bowl, leading to a really weird change in the vibe. (I may have gotten that backwards, but it is a nice visual regardless). The crew did have about 6 clean, solid runs before the call was made to hit the Rat.

When we were riding, and not thinking about beer, a very uncommon thing happened, Mr. Positively Awesome skittered out of a heely, and slowly slid to a stop on his hip. Meanwhile, a rather large dumbass, frustrated by the growing crowds, forced a hard toeside and promptly blew up, officially making it biff #2 for the season. In liftline news, Special Guest MR. JOHN DEERE kept his cool while listening to the jackass that had just sprayed him (and promptly tomahawked) brag to his buddies about "see me spray that guy" and then basically tell him he was wearing ski boots , and he was not on a snowboard.  (+500 carve points for not giving into your baser instincts and cross checking the jackass, though I would have given you a 1000 if you had) 

Snow was phenuckinnominal today, and the 8rw just ripped. Nice, solid, grippy and firm, with a minor refresh on tap for Wednesday night, Thursday is shaping up as another awesome carving day. A few more runs are open, with #7 spinnin over at the valley, and #2 at the basin.  It may be a short wait before we see 6 spinning, anything to spread the masses out, and give us more room to roam.  

On the hill today, the aforementioned Ice, MR JOHN DEERE, Lance, Katie, Surfer Dave, and the recently back from DC, SVR. It was some good stuff, hope to see some more of you out soon.

Mario

• Like 2

I wish I was there. I would have at least called him a low bar mother ****er and started going off on his social economic status, athletic ability, and race, in a wonderful tourettes fashion.

Chances are, low bar ****s like him will be priced out.

Edited by Odd Job

26 minutes ago, Odd Job said:

I wish I was there. I would have at least called him a low bar mother ****er and started going off on his social economic status, athletic ability, and race, in a wonderful tourettes fashion.

Chances are, low bar ****s like him will be priced out.

Waste of oxygen, he was an idiot, not worthy of the effort

• Like 1

Porkroll Express headded to Buena Vista for the first two, maybe three, weeks of December to get the kid moved into his new place.  Can't be all setting up wifi innernetz, assembling furniture, installing washer/dryers and hanging tvs and stuff on walls.  Need to schedule some time for fun.  Doesn't a Monarch pass also get you a couple days at Lovey... 🤔

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kneel said:

Porkroll Express headded to Buena Vista for the first two, maybe three, weeks of December to get the kid moved into his new place.  Can't be all setting up wifi innernetz, assembling furniture, installing washer/dryers and hanging tvs and stuff on walls.  Need to schedule some time for fun.  Doesn't a Monarch pass also get you a couple days at Lovey... 🤔

not sure about the monarch pass but...

https://skiloveland.com/4-pak/

last day for this is tomorrow, Nov 22 and actual tix will ship to your door. 

ink

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kneel said:

That is Awesome!  down to the last 1/4lb, did a better job of stretching it this time, I even shared a little with a south philly electrician that was on one my jobs last spring.  Monarch is partnered with Lovey, so you will get 3 days free if you get the monarch pass

• Like 2