Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

30 minutes ago, lordmetroland said:

Nitrates AND nitrites! Lays waste to all vegans within 50 yards.

All of the major food groups covered. 👍

Looking at the picture again, it looks like the pork roll is shaking the the organic fudge pops for money...

• Haha 1

Last Friday was another great day. We have had some of the best 4 days of our snow-sliding careers since the first week of January. Friday seemed about twice as crowded as Wednesday or Thursday but not too bad overall. Riding up Ptarmigan on the first run of the morning, rising above timberline and seeing a perfect corduroy pattern all the way up Firebowl shining in the morning sun. Firebowl, Firecut, Bennet's, Turtle Creek, Deuces, and Roulette all beautifully groomed.

We took multiple runs on each of them. The crowds became noticeable around 10:30 so over to #8. Chet's was very nicely groomed with very few people over there. We decided that Scrub and Face are our friends. It is so unpleasant to get back from #8 that many never venture over there. We did 6 - 8 great runs on Chet's and then down Face over to the front side. A couple of more on Firecut and Deuces and my legs were shot about 1 PM so into the lodge for a beer. Another great day. 

Conversely on Monday & Tuesday I met my college buddies at Vail. They were all on skis and I was on my board. Even on a non-holiday Monday the crowds SUCKED! I was constantly looking behind me fearing a straightliner. Also, they had a groom report that was completely BOGUS. Granted, these runs may have been groomed sometime in history but certainly not since Saturday night at the latest. The snow was mostly man-made and scraped off. If your not going to groom at least don't lie and say that you have.

If you ever wonder what conditions the hoards have - don't. THEY SUCK! 

On 2/10/2022 at 12:00 PM, JohnE said:

Conversely on Monday & Tuesday I met my college buddies at Vail. They were all on skis and I was on my board. Even on a non-holiday Monday the crowds SUCKED! I was constantly looking behind me fearing a straightliner. Also, they had a groom report that was completely BOGUS. Granted, these runs may have been groomed sometime in history but certainly not since Saturday night at the latest. The snow was mostly man-made and scraped off. If your not going to groom at least don't lie and say that you have.

If you ever wonder what conditions the hoards have - don't. THEY SUCK! 

Yeah the conditions at Vail have suffered this past week or two. I can’t for the life of me figure out where all these people came from all of a sudden. It was a ghost town for weeks after the holidays. That ghost grooming has been a thing since they started doing terrain openings. I’m not upset about their strategy but they definitely need to be more up front about it. 

To get back on topic I’m hoping for some 2/20 lovey action. 

• Like 3

" I thought I fell off a cliff"

-new guy Justin after being forewarned about the dangers of hitting one of my trenches, he hit one anyway. Kids, they dont always listen

Felt good to be back at home, it was nice to have the chance to loosen up these old guy bones before having to hit full throttle. Busy in the lot, more than 3/4's full by 7:30. I guess everyone thought their secret stashes would be holding that 3'' untracked unmolested pow that fell 2 days ago. We hung back, waiting for the stragglers to make their appearance, and let all of those ayahooin' yahoos disperse to the aforementioned secret stashes. Sunny, not too cold, but, alas, windy.  It is the Luv afterall. Snow was soft in some places, firm in others, and super firmerest on spillway, but grippy carvalicious everywhere. Everyone was rippin, as witnessed by lots of chairlift shoutouts, and an abundance of sunburned teeth. Not too many stupid questions, though someone did ask me if my Big A$$ Virus was a splitty. Nice selection of beverages available at the Cahr Bahr après, especially the Kettlehouse Barrel Aged White Stout that Sandy bootlegged from Missoula.  Nice and tasty, I somehow managed to not pour another before Ink finally showed, and let him partake in that malty goodness. It was reallllly gooood...

Once again, a great crew out, 007, Ice, Ink, new guy Justin, Kyle, Sandy and myself. next week's forecast is looking good for another carvey day, with a chance that Rides With Joy, aka Carvin' Marvin will be joining us

Mario

Edited by big mario
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, big mario said:

Nice and tasty, I somehow managed to not pour another before Ink finally showed, and let him partake in that malty goodness. It was reallllly gooood...

Not like I was down changing my outfit and fixing my makeup bud, I was still on hill making more turns with 007, Kyle and Noob. But thanks for saving me some, it was very good.

Excellent seshun for sure.

3rd day for the noob and he was doing many right things. And he took the information given and applied it to ride even better by the time he got off the hill. Nice job!

ink

• Like 2

Another great day yesterday: Easy drive up, cold in the parking lot on arrival (~4 degrees) but sunny. Typical mid-week lack of crowds. I think Denver had more new snow than Loveland. Maybe only 1" or so of new. 

Firebowl Turtle Creek, Bennet's and Roulette had wonderful groom. We mentioned this to one of the lifties and he said that Loveland had recently acquired a new groomer (?). For whatever reason, the groom was great. We did 3 back-to-back non-stops on Roulette. I think it was the best turns I have ever made on Roulette. 

As usual we headed over to #8 & started lapping Chet's. Very nice and nearly deserted. Warm & sunny at the bottom. Cold and windy at the top. I don't think it got out of the single digits with a ~30mph wind blowing straight down the lift. Each time we would approach the top we would question if it was worth it. By the time we got to the bottom we said "Hell ya - it's worth it!".

I think we got in about 15 runs by 1PM when my rear quad told me it was time to bail. 

I think that was about #6 of the best days I have ever had (most of them since the beginning of the year)! 

Big crew out yesterday for a most awesomest, bluebird carving day.

Big Mario, ice, 007, Kyle, Slopestar, Katie, svr, noob j49, mr.e, and myself. Special guests for the day and returning LCI member the dude and founding member the Sheriff were back in town for the shenanigans. Two skiers even joined the crew today laying down train tracks along side all our ruts.

Crowds got I bit hectic earlier than usual with the holiday weekend but good windows were available with a little patience.

Snow was grippy and good everywhere we went although one former ice coaster was heard saying Richard's was a bit too firm for her liking. Bigs had to depart early for familial priorities but thanks P for at least getting him on hill for a bit.  Progress was made by the noob, Kyle and mr.e who are both trying to regain former glory after overcoming various injuries. 

the Sheriff was smooth as ever and the dude was rockin on the mono.

Cahr bahr sponsored by ice included some tart blood orange fizzy stuff, German chocolate dessert beer and some other tasty flavors. 

Also stopping by the cahr bahr was Liberation boards BJ and son Owen who had just arrived to go play.

Ink

• Like 7