Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

2 hours ago, greenie234 said:

haha meant lean. lena might be a good name!

i changed some plans and wasn’t originally planning to be here, but i just may give it some thought!

You have to. Don’t think, just do.  I’m here this week, planned to be here for 2, but have to head back on Saturday. Bummed I have to miss. Love riding with this crew. ❤️

To anyone else around, I’m riding Copper through Friday with my boys. Met a couple fruitbooters already.  You’ll know my son when you see him on hard boots as well. say hi. 👍

• Like 1

Thursday was one of the best days on the slopes EVER! About 40 minutes Dino lot to Loveland. Temp on arrival was about 30 degrees. No new snow for a week. 

Crowds were light at mostly older skiers. They tend to be experienced, aware and unlikely to overtake us. 

Groom was phenomenal. Each run got better and better as we found how hard we could push it. We got a total of 13 runs in mostly on Firebowl/Turtlecreek, Roulette, Bennets and Deuces. We started at 9AM and my legs gave out a bit after noon. We were pretty much on edge on on the lift. No lift lines and very little time on the side of a run. 

We had a number of runs where we would catch sight of the slope below us (empty) and a quick glance behind us (also empty) and then took the whole width of the run wall-to-wall. 

We both agreed that we had never experienced groom that was the perfect balance of grip and durability. My heart rate hit 167 (probably sometime after the apex of a carve). 

I spoke to a co-worker who skied Winter Park on Wednesday and he agreed that the groom there was perfect as well. 

Wow! 

Edited by JohnE
New info
  • Like 1

Ive been watching the forecast all week, and now i'm drooling so bad that I need a bib. A week of no new snow, low temps, and multiple groomer passes with a light refresh today and tonight, things are shaping up to be astoundingly carvilicious, looking like time to break out the Big V...

Fun one last Sunday, a little soft in places, but still a good time. Ink and I were joined by Miss Shelly, and one of Inks DJ buds, Casey.

Cannot wait for Sunday!

Mario

Edited by big mario
  • Like 2

greetings and happy new year from new mexico.

miss riding with you guys/gals.  the crew at loveland is unmatched.

if you want a tour of new mex carving -- both taos and ski sante fe have quality carving -- give me a shout:  pete cogan ///  peter.zrd@gmail.com.   i'm out every week.

• Like 6

Welcome Back Dammit, Janet, aka Concussed. it's been a few years too long, nice to have you back in the lineup!

The front of my shirt was soaked from all of my drooling by the time I pulled into the lot today. It. was. that. good.  Only bummer was the lack of a fresh mow on firecut. A quick inspection from reload brought me to an immediate "yeahno". Lumpy, day old, narrow groom, coupled with my 195 virus (Damn, I love that stick) left me searching smoother, cleaner groom. Found it on the practice field, Roulette, Richards, Mambo, and homerun.

Ice and I dropped spillway, eliciting ohs and aahs from the lineup at the top( im sure it was mostly Kevins riding). Solid, and marbly, I was one and done there. Richards was a lot more even this week, though I did find a spot at the bottom that did launch me into a near earth(very near earth, at least 3'' of daylight under my board.

Nice suprise visit from Slopestar, who slayed it despite an early morning back tweak, and his sweety Katie, we were also joined by Sandy, DT, Miss Shelly, and Coach Inky. One of the mo' betta carving days of the season so far, and the inaugural opening of the infamous Cahr Bahr. As much as I like the Rat, with as busy as it was today, I felt much more comfortable imbibing in the parking lot, and, the beer selection is much better.

One more Sunday until Montucky,

Mario

• Like 5

This getting old business really sucks but what a great crew and great riding as always. Really enjoyed the apres BBQ as well! Switched up to my less needy Alloy Hermès with a modest 11.6 fixed radius and got some top to bottom laps on Mambo and Richards before ending the day. Felt like my old Crystal Mountain days.... just hot lapping without stopping. Here’s to ibuprofen and heating pads  for the next few days...

• Like 5

Thursday was quite nice. Easy drive up (roads were dry and not much traffic). Sunny day, cool - not cold. No wind. Groom on Firebowl / Turtle Creek was good (but a bit firm for my tastes). We did several on Ptarmigan, one on Deuces and then over to #8. Chet's was well groomed: smooth and wide. Very few others on the slope. It never got warm enough to melt so it should be good for some time. We got in about 15 runs in 4 hours. Easy drive home on dry roads. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, inkaholic said:

yesterday was good...really good.

ink

Phuckin Phenomenally Phun

Best day of the season so far I would say. Not too cold, lightly breezy, super sunny, put in my bright light lenses, a nice welcome change from the dark, doldrums of December. We worked from north to south, starting with firebowl, to firecut, on to bennetts, roulette, spillway and richards, finishing up on a run down mambo.  Grooming was damn fine, snow was medium to the north, firming up the further south we went, nice, stable, and grippy.  Post ride tasty analgesic recovery beverages were enjoyed by all at the Cahr Bahr.

Stellar crew out today, with riding that was off the charts, the energy of an impromptu mini session pushing everyone involved to up their game.  Usual suspects Inky, Ice, 007, DT, Shelly, and Mr. Tanker,  alongwith the return of Dennis, and Kyle, and finally, Kahn, visiting from the flatlands of Ohio (no, as tempting as it is, I won't make a bad star trek joke . How was that rather vigorous warmup hike back to Ptarmigan? I feel a little bad about that, I didn't realize you were behind me, and didn't see me turn up that ramp. Awesome job everyone, as witnessed by all of the lift callouts.

Next stop, Montucky...

Mario

• Like 7

Hey Loveland crew. I'm new to hardbooting and Ink pointed me towards this forum. Everyone I've talked to has been super chill, so hopefully y'all don't mind me crashing the party. I took the plunge and bought a used setup from another member here. Took it out to Crested Butte this past weekend and I'm totally hooked! It's so much fun to carve on this thing. 😎

Im excited to ride more. I'd love to link up with the Lovey group to practice turns and make some new friends. I'm in Denver so let me know next time you head out (if y'all don't mind a new kid tagging along).

-justin

• Like 3

Right on Justin!

What setup did you get?

We will be out the next 2 weekends at Montucky Clear Cut. 

We can get you a buddy tix too. 

Backstory...

So, concussed is on Reddit, Justin posted a question about carving and someone else said to meet up with the crew at Loveland. Yes, someone else pointed our direction.  Concussed replied and passed on my IG to Justin. 

ink

• Like 2

6 hours ago, J49 said:

Hey Loveland crew. I'm new to hardbooting and Ink pointed me towards this forum. Everyone I've talked to has been super chill, so hopefully y'all don't mind me crashing the party. I took the plunge and bought a used setup from another member here. Took it out to Crested Butte this past weekend and I'm totally hooked! It's so much fun to carve on this thing. 😎

Im excited to ride more. I'd love to link up with the Lovey group to practice turns and make some new friends. I'm in Denver so let me know next time you head out (if y'all don't mind a new kid tagging along).

-justin

Welcome Justin @J49

As @inkaholicmentioned, most of the LCI crew will be in Montana for the Montucky event, but we are usually at Loveland every Sunday.

Look forward to meeting and riding with you.

cheers🍻,

sandy

• Like 3

7 hours ago, inkaholic said:

Right on Justin!

What setup did you get?

Got a used F2 speedster gts (166cm, 20cm waist, 9.8 sidecut), F2 titanium race bindings, and a pair of track 325 boots.

Boots fit surprisingly well as-is. But I think they could still benefit from another heat mold and/or new liners.

I have binding angles somewhat low (I think) at 50 front, 45 back. Will definitely need to play with the stance.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, svr said:

Welcome Justin @J49

As @inkaholicmentioned, most of the LCI crew will be in Montana for the Montucky event, but we are usually at Loveland every Sunday.

Look forward to meeting and riding with you.

cheers🍻,

sandy

Ah yes, I heard about MCC. Looks like a blast, I was watching videos from past year's. I won't be able to make it this year.

Hope y'all have a great trip!

Thanks, you too!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, J49 said:

I have binding angles somewhat low (I think) at 50 front, 45 back. Will definitely need to play with the stance.

There is plenty of info here on the forum about setting up your stance to get you going even better. Look at @Beckmann AG info and website. 
We can definitely help too when we return. 

ink

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Greetings From Montana!

I've spent the last few days trenching any runs I can find at Bridger. We got six inches Friday, and I definitley did not play hooky to go play in the pow.

Anywho, please let me know when you guys are headed through bozeman! I talked breifley with Ink, but I would love to grab dinner or breakfast or something!

Safe travels!

@greenie234 we'll be rolling in Saturday evening I believe. Will let you know more after we discuss and know more timing wise.

Also, there was talk by Sandy @svr, whom you haven't met, that he and Kevin @ice may be hitting Bridger on Sunday morning before finishing the drive to Libby. You may get to make some turns with them. I haven't heard if we are planning on attending that.

ink

Another great day yesterday. 45 minutes from the Dino lot. 9 Degrees in the parking lot. Sunny. No new snow. Very good and wide groom. Very few people. 5 runs on Ptarmigan, 2 on Deuces, and then over to #8. Chet's was well groomed and empty. A stiff wind was blowing directly down the lift on #8 that made it cold above timberline. This cold wind blew most of the other slope sliders back to the other lifts. Great carving on Chet's with. We could take the whole slope knowing that almost nobody else was around. We quit about 2PM and got about 15 runs in. An easy ride back home. 

On 1/26/2022 at 11:40 AM, inkaholic said:

@greenie234 we'll be rolling in Saturday evening I believe. Will let you know more after we discuss and know more timing wise.

Also, there was talk by Sandy @svr, whom you haven't met, that he and Kevin @ice may be hitting Bridger on Sunday morning before finishing the drive to Libby. You may get to make some turns with them. I haven't heard if we are planning on attending that.

ink

Sounds good to me! i should be up for some sunday funday (at bridger) and would love to get in a few turns with yall!

Just keep me posted

• Like 1