Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Variably variable.

First off, it was awesome to get out.  It was pretty empty, and no lift lines to speak of.  I'm not going to curse things by sharing my thoughts on why,  but if it is trend, I'll take it.

for the second day of the season, things where sort of okay. coverage is good, but conditions where all over the place, from that small 200 yard stretch of perfection at the end of mambo to the start of home run.  It was bumpy, ridgey, and a bit bulletproof in places, but with the additional light from daylight savings time, and new snow in the forecast, next week should be pretty decent. Got in 6000 feet, much better than the 300' Ice and I got on day one last season. Ice and I where joined by Devil Mike, who was actually making some turns for once.

As always, looking forward to next sunday

Mario

• Like 5

Day 2

another good , albeit short one today. Snow quality was much better as was viz. Made a few good turns before it got busy and torn up. I know it was a good one because I occasionally found myself drifting into my quiet, introspective state while sharing tales of awesomeness and beers post ride in the Rat

Joining the festivities today where Dennis, Ice, 007, SVR and myself. A good day was had by all, as we continue to build our fitness and hone our skills for the rest of the season, and look forward to more snow and terrain opening up

mario

• Like 2

On 11/7/2021 at 2:34 PM, big mario said:

No masks outside. 2 min lift lines so far. Yes and yes. No need for a cahr bahr, The Rat is open. Food service is a $hit$how👍

See you in a few weeks guy,

GFY

And don't forget your ID. I couldn't grab a post ride bevy today because I forgot my ID. I miss Cahr Bahr.

Edited by HillB
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HillB said:

I miss Cahr Bahr.

Yeah, I'm on the fence about that, the cahr Bahr beer selection was definitely more betterer, but the warmth, wind protection,  lack of people and the Telluride Ski in Ski Out Stout is working for me at the moment. loose that, and add more people, and I'm good with staying outside.

Another fun one today with a good, solid sized crew. Only one more week of ski teams,. It hasn't been as bad as in the past, but it certainly is nice to be down to the normal amount of obliviets, and not have to deal with a bunch of entitled ones. Snow was pretty awesome today, close to mid winter on catwalk, mambo and home run, no one has hit spillway yet, and reports from the  just open lower Richards are of lumpy groom and severiously firm underneath.

Joining in the Festivities today were the usual suspects, 007, Ice, Coach Ink and Mr. E(for day one)Svr and myself, with irregulars(for this season anyway) Slopestar and Katie stopping in for some early season turns.

I retired the traffic cone look for this season, and have opted for some winter weight, heavy duty water repellent insulated Carhart bibs that remind me of my spyder coaches bibs that I had a few seasons ago.  Paired with my new glowing bright red  jacket, I look a little like a patroller.  If it keeps me safe and warm, and not looking like a traffic flagger/cone, I'm a happy camper 

see you next sunday,

mario

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

On 11/7/2021 at 1:08 PM, MR. JOHN DEERE ! said:

What’s the COVID scene like at Lovely ?

Is the base lodge open ?

Are lift tickets available at the ticket window , individual day passes ?

Are the hungover lifties screaming at guests like last year about face coverings, in the 45 min lift line ? 

asking for a friend , gfys !!!

Hey JD,

Dont forget to pack your fur lined rhinestone studded gayda and mitts, its gunna be a little chilly during your visit

GFY Guy,

Mario

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, big mario said:

Highs on Thursday in the low teens and windy. Not puff weather, but close

**** that, thats puff/mitten/bootglove/female fem product weather !!!!!

I'm funny like that, beginning of the season i freeze my fat ass off. By February,  I'm like Clint Eastwood in a old spaghetti western in a denim jacket with the collar popped.  

• Haha 3

Sunday was fun till it got too crowded. Got some good turns and some not so good ones.

D.T., Shelly, RacerH  and Sandy on softies. Myself, Bigs, and Ice on hardboots.

No injuries so a good seshun. 

I'm out for the turkey weekend, see you when I get back and hope you all have a great holiday weekend.

Ink

• Like 5