Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

2 hours ago, greenie234 said:

derek was picking them up tonight i believe. the coiler with the step ins right?

Thats the one! Thanks Coach! Heal up young lad, you will be back at it in no time! I lent out my Alloy DO to a father of 4 who broke his femur last March from skydiving. He has been back on the snowboard for over 2 months!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, b.free said:

When the Virus team will show up ?!

Possibly anytime. There is always at least one in the parking lot.  Maybe more. You show up with that skinny short one and I will ride it unless its a pow day.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, slopestar said:

Thats the one! Thanks Coach! Heal up young lad, you will be back at it in no time! I lent out my Alloy DO to a father of 4 who broke his femur last March from skydiving. He has been back on the snowboard for over 2 months!

Yep, I picked it up tonight and will bring it Sunday.  

• Like 1

Thanks guys and Derek for picking up the board from Greenie. Hoping he heals well. Saturday was tons of fun for Katie and I. We entertained Dusty Bottle and Ms. Haley for a few days. We all arrived early in the morning at D lot. Katie and I rode the usual haunts and some not so usual ones winding up down in the valley about 11. Hooked up with James and Haley for a couple runs and had tons of fun. Nice to have some spring like temps and good solid groomers. Left about 1:30 or so with nothing left n the tank. Stopped by the property as usual for a quick day dream. Just a fantastic day. 

• Like 2

Sunday Funday 3/21

6" of new on a firm base. Light Winds and partly cloudy. Dusty Bottle and Ms Haley in the lot with me. Met up with their friend Scott/ on a older salomon FRS and bombers. I scored my coiler back Greenie (heal up fast Kid) from Coach Ink (thanks again for grabbing it) and met Mario also before heading up to Chet's.

Mario was on his new and cute little Slalom Thirst.  Poor board didn't know what was coming. Coach Ink was on a new to him Slalom SG, while Ice got on his new 196 Thirst and lastly, Dennis on his new Coiler. Everyone was riding well and getting used to their new whips. Hillary and I were on softies. Kessler and AZX1 Exclusive being represented.  We traveled the usual haunts: Ptarmigan, Chair 6... It was a lot of fun. I checked out early. Met up with James, Haley and Scott at the Cahr Bahr and shortly headed out. Hope everyone else had as much fun as I did. I rode a chair with a skier (part time boarder) that only had nice things to say about everyone carving and going fast in the mixed conditions but that would be a story for "heard it in the lift line" Kids are coming into town in the coming week/s! So.... Saturday's and Sunday's we will be up through the end of the season

Edited by slopestar
  • Like 5

So good to ride with hooligans again!  Best time Hailey and I can remember, since last year!  The weather Sat and the powder coating Sun made for an exemplary trip!  Slopestar, Katie and sweet dogs were wonderful hosts!  We reminisced, most of the trip back to the land of flatness and humidity!  It's a long road, but well worth the effort to spend quality time with amazing friends!  Oh yeah, the Contra didn't suck!

until next time.....

James & Lil' Miss Hailey

• Like 4

Wednesday 3/24 was quite nice. Traffic heading up was pretty heavy and a bit slow for mid-week. Took just over 1 hour from Dino to Loveland. Arne needed to catch up on his beauty sleep so he didn't join us.

We got to the lot about 8AM and went inside for some breakfast. What we don't understand is why so many people sit in their cars with the engine running for an hour waiting for the lifts to open. Don't they know the lodge is open?  

Snow was pretty good but a bit tricky early on - about 3" new on top of Tuesday PM groom. Difficult to carve because as you pushed on the edge, it sheared off of the firm groom below. Spring break crowds seem to be waning. 

Headed over to #8 about 10AM. Typical crowds swelled about 11AM such that there were about 20 - 30 people in line for about 2 runs. Then they magically disappeared. 

Awesome was less than awesome - pretty tracked out early. 

Chet's was great. We lapped it a bunch of times carving down pretty deep. They had Face closed so we had to exit out the top & over to #4 (this sucks). 

Back to the lodge about 1PM for a brewski. Hardly anyone there. 

What I will miss about the end of Covid is the "private club" atmosphere of the lodge. 

Mario,  huge day. Working on the evolution for sure but wouldn't be where I'm at without all the help. I have a few ideas tossing around in my head. 

Big shout out to everyone today.  I came home saying how everyone stepped it up a notch today. 

Edited by HillB
  • Like 4