Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

The only one of my kind today.

Snow was pretty awesome on Mambo and homerun today, a touch on the firm side on Richards, not quite ready for that yet. I managed to get 5 nice clean runs in before a case of lowgrade randamonium broke out, and gaps became a little less frequent, and shorter in duration. I quit after 7, I didn't feel the need to push it since im back up tomorrow, and again on Sunday. A short, sweet one, now to help with the final preparations for Turkey Day

Happy Thanksgiving, I hope to make some turns with some of you tomorrow.

Mario

• Like 3

Wicked Pissa!

Black friday

Thanks to MR. JOHN DEERE! for joining me on Friday.

Despite having to wait for the princess during his need to get dressed in the lodge, juice box, pee and makeup adjusting breaks, we still managed to get a good solid day in before the kookfest ramped up and self-preservation kicked in and we pulled the pin at about 11. We got strafed by Andrew and Devil Mike a few times, as well an Andrewganger . As if the  Geoffleganger wasn't enough... A few straggler ski teams made an appearance, but nothing like last Sunday

Spillway had a narrow groom on it, with some severious bumps on either side, and there was lots of dirt was showing at the bottom of Richards on riders right. we be needin' some replenishment

Sunday

Joined again today by MR. JD, and his Sweetie, Alex. It was a full on eastcoast reunion day, with expats Ice, Hil, and myself out desecrating the hill as well. Grooming was sublime, Spillway was wall to wall, no marbles, though they could spend a little bit of time eliminating some of the undulationage. The thin spots on Richards were addressed as well, reopening the fun, steep, off camber goodness under the lift line.

Ice, It was awesome to see you ripping it up on my old monster, almost made me want to buy it back. JD, awesome watching you ride as always, I could pick out Coach Inky's influence on you as you came down the hill. Hil, good solid , ballsy riding by you, I had to work pretty hard at times to stay out in front of you. Tank, nice solid riding, I really enjoyed meeting you, and your sense of humor is awesome!

Rode three of my sticks in the last few days, The skinny monster, the JJA, and the thirst. Impressions, in order:

Plush, calm and stable.  Nervous. Violent.  All different, and all fun in their own way

Mario

Edited by big mario
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, big mario said:

let me know if you need a place to crash

Awe, I love this guy. ❤️ Thanks, brother.  I got this. Staying up near the kid in PbVille. I'll arrive in DEN from EWR on 12/8 @ 3:00MST.  Lets get some dinner?

Will be riding Copper on the 9th and 10th, the kid graduates Fire Academy on the 11th, ride with the LCI on the 12th at Lovey, then a couple days at Winter Park at the end... 👍

• Like 3

good grief, I don’t know what is wrong with me. I was in town over thanksgiving, stranded without a loveland pass, not even thinking of reaching out to see if anyone skied anywhere else! i will be in town from 12/17 to 12/25 and again from 12/30 to 1/9. hopefully i can snag a four pack!

i will say, the true reasoning for this post is more of a thankful one. i do want to thank each and every one of y’all for helping me out, showing me some of the ropes, and getting me started on my favourite activity to date. it is so meaningful to me what you have done, and i absolutely can’t wait to shred with y’all in the near future!

lots of love and happy holidays,

greenie 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10x10

Another Wicked Pissa day at the Love today. The grooming crew did an outstanding job of beating the limited natural and manmade snow into submission,  It was firm, grippy, and phucking fast.  Crowds were really lite, and no ski team stragglers. The Geofle and the Andrewganger were out, but we were 180 degrees out of synch with them, thankfully.

When 007 said she was heading over to the newly opened 6, SVR was game, but Ice and I were skeptical. Turned out we were about to hit midseason, and not first day open groom.  No manmade bomb proof boilerplate mixed in with marbles, babyheads, and deathcookies.  Predictably, we made a mess of things in 3 runs, and had to retreat back to 1.  Spillway Roulette, and Mambo were sublime, the lower parts of lower Richards could use a refresh, unless you want to convert your edges to magnetraction

Lite crew today Hil, Ice, Sandy and myself.  Rumour has it that our favourite western slope Kook will be joining us next week

Mario

• Like 5

We have 2 more visitors for sunday, FNJ Guy Kneel will be up with his son in tow, looks like we could have a good sized crew, we'll have to get a few people to do buddy passes.  Things should be riding nice by sunday, maybe a bit on the soft side

mario

• Like 3

Fun short session with the famous Loveland winds shutting down some lifts on Sunday. Guests @Kneel and @Carvin' Marvin joined Big Mario, Ice, svr, Shelly, and myself. Snow was very carvelicious. 
Bigs got pretty thirsty testing kneels XC till things got squirrely from a hidden grooming ridge. No injuries, just some brain spooking and bigs was back on his coiler. 
Fun was had, beer was consumed and no injuries made for a good morning. 

ink

Oh, first session out on my new @MountainSlope .951wc boots from @David Kirk Thanks David!
Boots worked well for barely moulded stock liners.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I ❤️ these guys. Never pass up an opportunity to ride a Sunday at Lovey. Great riders, even better people. Can't wait till the Pork Roll Express returns in January....and February...and probably March and April as well. 

For the record...

I did warn @big mario, despite his time on the Stupid Fun, when you step on the tail of that XC, she'll come around faster than you may be expecting to handle. She goes to 11. Grins confirmed such. Jersey Strong.

That being said, watching @Carvin' Marvin ride, I'm WAY too nice to my 8RW and wanna ride like him when I grow up.  So much fun watching him have so much fun.

@inkaholic's magic boots...smooth.

@svr I heard NOTHING about his job, didn't see any pictures, none of that. 

Just got off a bonus day with Ice, his SO, and a host of others at Copper.  Too much fun.  I need to start doing  Pilates again before I come out in Jan.  15k vert went REALLY fast...

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Kneel said:

For the record...

I did warn @big mario, despite his time on the Stupid Fun, when you step on the tail of that XC, she'll come around faster than you may be expecting to handle. She goes to 11. Grins confirmed such. Jersey Strong

Yea, I got a little sassy there for a bit, then I hit that grooming ridge, at speed, at the apex of a toeside, with that fully loaded tail...

I was not expecting to be launched like I was towards the woods at 30+mph, luckily I got the board down and into the snow before mass carnage, and chunka chunked to a stop. Gave me a whole new level of respect for that board.  looking forward to that 8...

Checking my shorts when I got home revealed that i had not sharted, thankfully

Edited by big mario
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Another fun one in the books. Mario, Dustin, Coach Ink, ice, Ex-racer Hill, Shelly, Sandy and Mr E rounded out the group today. Katie and I and my son Wayne joined in the fun. Ptarmigan/chair 6 and some later runs off of Chets were the call today. Firm but fun with minimal crowds made it quite the treat especially during the holiday season. Salutations in the Rathskeller were enjoyed apres. Everyone was riding very well today and it was great to ride with such an awesome crew… thanks guys and gals. Not sure when our next day up will be but we will post up here before we head up. 

Edited by slopestar
  • Like 5

Today was a Blast

A little more terrain, incredible snow, no 85mph gusts of wind, ergo no wind holds, and a sizable crew made for one of the more epic days of the season. Regulars, 007T, Ice, Ink, D.T., Shelly, SVR,  Mr.E and myself were joined by  Slopestar, Katie, and Wayne.  We had a jolly old time (bad santa reference) trenching up just about all of our normal runs. Unlike the sugar over granite video of Loon sent to Ink and I by MR. JOHN DEERE, we had firm, consistent, squeeky, awesome groom at the Luv today.  11 of us, when we actually managed to all ride together at the same time. The practice field was open today, at about 1/2 its normal width, but it still took a lot of pressure off of 1 and associated runs. So far, it seems numbers have been much lower than the last few years, which makes me smile.

Everyone brought their AAAA game, so cool to see. Many awesome turns were laid down today, unfortunately any evidence will be obliterated by the Etch-A-Sketch of the groomers doing their thing tonight.

Went vintage today, and hopped on my archaic, ancient 182Hot Blast. You wouldnt think a 20+ year old clapped out race board with a badly p texed core shot and edges thinner than a dime would ride as well as some of these newfangled dohickeys  that are in my quiver, but I was pleasntly suprised. Might have to compare it to a few of my other newer sticks to see what needs to leave to make some room...

Mario

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, big mario said:

Today was a Blast

A little more terrain, incredible snow, no 85mph gusts of wind, ergo no wind holds, and a sizable crew made for one of the more epic days of the season. Regulars, 007T, Ice, Ink, D.T., Shelly, SVR,  Mr.E and myself were joined by  Slopestar, Katie, and Wayne.  We had a jolly old time (bad santa reference) trenching up just about all of our normal runs. Unlike the sugar over granite video of Loon sent to Ink and I by MR. JOHN DEERE, we had firm, consistent, squeeky, awesome groom at the Luv today.  11 of us, when we actually managed to all ride together at the same time. The practice field was open today, at about 1/2 its normal width, but it still took a lot of pressure off of 1 and associated runs. So far, it seems numbers have been much lower than the last few years, which makes me smile.

Everyone brought their AAAA game, so cool to see. Many awesome turns were laid down today, unfortunately any evidence will be obliterated by the Etch-A-Sketch of the groomers doing their thing tonight.

Went vintage today, and hopped on my archaic, ancient 182Hot Blast. You wouldnt think a 20+ year old clapped out race board with a badly p texed core shot and edges thinner than a dime would ride as well as some of these newfangled dohickeys  that are in my quiver, but I was pleasntly suprised. Might have to compare it to a few of my other newer sticks to see what needs to leave to make some room...

Mario

My boots are older.  Good times today. T!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3