Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Yes it was, as Lance  stated earlier, Stellar. Stupendous. Awesome. Amazing.

After a week of replenishment and low temps, the boiler plate of the previous 2 weeks is safely ensconced in several layers of our western hero snow, leading to a bunch of riders with sunburned teeth and permagrins(at least temporarily). Conditions were one again heroic, the 3 runs I did on firecut were money, as were every other trail we rode, with the exception of spillway,  the double fall line part of Richards and the lift mazes. Every thing was carveable, if you fully committed,  including the lift mazes.

Several of us fled the ice coast years ago, Ice, Miss Katie, and myself, for starters. We were joined by current ice coasters Kneel, Kiersten and Teach, who are are getting closer to seeing the light, and coming west. Also in the lineup yesterday were Dennis, Dustin, Kyle, Miss Shelly, and Mr. Slopestar.  Once again, a mini session broke out, with a lot of exceptional riding by all involved.

Kneel, glad you joined us after your 2,000 mile roadtrip, and for being a good sport about my" wegottagonow" mindset on sunday morning. It was a pleasure having you stay at casa M&P, and thanks for the crustless pb&j mini snack post ride. it was delish, and it went really well with my beer...

'til next weekend

mario

• Like 5

First... its pork roll.

Second... if you haven't yet, make a point to schedule a Sunday with the LCI. While this is technically my second such exposure to this crew, first being in MT at MCC1, the vibe, comradery, the secret hand shakes, the foul-mouthed women which actually reminded me of home, works wonders on the soul, certainly during these stupid covid times. <jersey>You's guys got somethin' really special there.</jersey> Thanks for letting me be a part of it. 👍  Oh, and before you do you MAY want to give yourself a day or two to recover, not just 12 hours after driving +2000 miles.  Someone reminded me that there ARE planes and they'll even let you take snowboards with you.  I'll look into that for the next trip. 

Last... to my BFM.  I can't thank you enough for opening up your home to this weary traveler. Those Coloradoans are lucky to have the shining beacon of Jersey dignity, poise and gravitas that you are.  Looking forward to returning the gesture on your triumphant return to the white sand beaches of The Mother Land where there will be grilling, surfing(I may have more surfboards than snowboards) and the soothing soulful musical stylings of James Newell Osterberg, Jr. As always, no politics.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, svr said:

I am looking to head up to Loveland this weekend...what day is best to meet all of you?

cheers,

sandy

Sunday Sunday Sunday

A nod to the Raceway Park radio commercials of my misspent youth

Edited by big mario
  • Like 2

The porcupines are out! (and very unhappy about the snow)

Spring has sprung in Loveland. Porcupines, hard snow in the morning, freakish snow squalls and the race course is up 😞

With the exception of the race course it was a bonkers day! The groomers were boiler plate on the lower mountain (especially home run) but the upper side was amazing. Started out as soft groom and then an insane squall came in. Vis was zero. I tried Roulette and could not see the edge of the run from the middle! This was good because it scared off the people who were on the slope and dropped about 3" in one hour! I just lapped Deuces the entire time getting fresh lines the whole time. Just awesome! Spring days are the best!!

@pcABQ you were sorely missed! I remember trying to follow you on a May POW day and this felt just the same but without the park 😄

GIUMR6AmRPiKdpn7pEUsPQ.jpg

• Like 1

Been snowing since Monday up here in Winter Park... 👍 Time to go home tomorrow unfortunately. 

Good news is my son will be moving to Leadville to attend CMC in the Fall.  Told him he will be expected in the line-up on Sundays while he's there. Of course I'll have to visit often to make sure... 😜

• Like 4

On 4/26/2021 at 10:40 AM, inkaholic said:

Sucks I missed this!!! 

Ink

You were definitely missed yesterday. 

Once I got over the melancholy and infinite sadness I was feeling about Coaches absence from the lineup yesterday,  I, and the rest of the crew got busy decimating every run we where on. From the first turn to the last, Firecut was money. I jumped in on the first run, I didn't have the time to warm my rickety body up,  I just jumped in full throttle and got me some of that before anyone else had a chance to desecrate that fine virgin groom( get your minds out of the gutter).After 3 runs by myself and Lance, and 2 by the rest of the crew, we abandoned fire cut for chair six, and Roulette.  We left a rutted up wasteland in in our wake.  No regrets. This years racecourse on the practice field leaves us a little more room than the previous years versions, and leaves my favorite part of Firecut wide, and nicely protected from those dumbass trail traversers that we end up dealing with once the Valley closes.

While perusing the live weather feed Saturday in my somewhat obsessive state, I did not hold much hope for Sundays conditions, since it was over 40.  Temps stayed up overnight, and it was in the upper 30's by opening bell.  Conditions. Where. Most. Excellent. One of the best carving days of the year.  It was a pleasant suprise.

Good size crew out today, in the lineup where 007, Dennis, Dustin, Ice,  Katie, Kyle, ME. E, Slopestar, SVR, and myself.Saw Jeff, the almost 80 year old hardbooter for thsecond week in a row off of 6.  All is still right with the world.  It was good stuff.  Doing it again tomorrow. Won't have to worry about sunscreen on my teeth since it'll be snowing.  Hoping that shot 2 doesn't kick my ass on Saturday, if it doesn't I will be back for more punishment on Sunday 

Mario

Edited by big mario
  • Like 5

Yeah, you and that foot dragging ruining the groom on the ramp...

I was laughing my ass off everytime he saw your pink helmet and slowed the lift down.

Another fun one today, it felt good to play hooky today. It was awesome when I pulled in the lot today, it was warm, sunny, blue bird, and then the front moved in and the temp dropped like 10 degrees in 2 minutes and the lights went out.

It was pretty good though, once you got over that whole" I cant see $hit" thing.  It was fast and firm, but you could set an edge if you stacked it. Firecut was a no go, but the practice field, drifter( that run is narrow!!!), the south side of Turtle creek, Deuces, and Roulette were all worth the effort.  We did 1 on Richards as the fog rolled in, and that , combined with the MES of about .5 had all of us thinking that we were good, and we called it.  No Cahr Bahr today, we all forgot beer.  What a bunch of dumbasses.

On snow and in the lineup today, Dennis, 007, Ice, Kyle, MR." Rude Groom Wrecker" E, and myself. It was a good day

mario

• Like 4