Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

3 hours ago, teach said:

Really nice photos, Yamifumi!

In the first one, is Mario on a snowblade mounted with TD3s? That's the "toy" reference?

That right there is some seriously funny shit!

• Like 1

Arne described the conditions on Sunday as "frozen death cookies". Not sure exactly what that is but it doesn't sound fun. I noticed that the temperature at Leadville on Saturday was 55 degrees. The snow up at altitude must have been very slushy. If that stuff froze overnight, it would make for very unpleasant riding. 

Doesn't look like they're going to get any significant snow anytime soon. Riding might be better (?) in the afternoons for a while. 

8 hours ago, b.free said:

Firecut was in amazing shape since 8.30. Although everything else was ice. Roulette got very good at around 11.30am. So I believe around 12 is a right time to show up!

I saw you and Yasu having fun there. As soon as you moved on, I moved in. It was really good

• Like 1

Hey guys!

Hope all is well. Just thought I’d give a bit of an update. Leg is doing better, just started more pt  which is good, slowly getting that range of motion back.

Life without boarding, especially with yall, hasn’t been the same. Can’t wait to get back on the slopes next year, Im already counting the days!

In a bit more exciting news, I have officially committed to Montana State University to pursue a major in music education. I am really excited to be starting this next chapter in my life!

I especially wanted to thank yall, and I know I won’t be as common on the mountain next year, for letting me ride and letting me learn. My riding abilities have greatly increased, and I can’t thank you guys enough for the opportunities you’ve provided me with. I hope to ride with you guys again as soon as I can!

Cheers,

Ethan

• Like 6

9 hours ago, greenie234 said:

Hey guys!

Hope all is well. Just thought I’d give a bit of an update. Leg is doing better, just started more pt  which is good, slowly getting that range of motion back.

Life without boarding, especially with yall, hasn’t been the same. Can’t wait to get back on the slopes next year, Im already counting the days!

In a bit more exciting news, I have officially committed to Montana State University to pursue a major in music education. I am really excited to be starting this next chapter in my life!

I especially wanted to thank yall, and I know I won’t be as common on the mountain next year, for letting me ride and letting me learn. My riding abilities have greatly increased, and I can’t thank you guys enough for the opportunities you’ve provided me with. I hope to ride with you guys again as soon as I can!

Cheers,

Ethan

Congratulations! 
Heal up and get back after it! 

Edited by slopestar

Well Saturday was family day for us. Katie, Wayne, Julia and I went straight to Ptarmigan. The sun was out but a breeze and cool overnight temps had conditions on point. It was great/short day and I had some of the best turns of the season. Finally connecting quick, small radius, lower speed turns. We packed up at about 11:30. Super fun morning. Off to our property to meet a local architect and with that, sent the Kids home Sunday. We would like to ride every weekend day remaining in the season but I have a feeling I’ll be driving somewhere to pick up a new to us 5th wheel camper next weekend... 

• Like 1

We were up on Thursday. The snow was pretty scratchy. I was struggling with equipment issues and condition issues but Arne was smooth as always. 

I think they're due for some more snow this week. Hopefully enough to refresh the runs. If not, I may wimp out and call it a season. 

How were conditions (snow, crowds, weather) on Sunday?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have been in melt freeze for the last few weekends. Reconnaissance is definitely required. Firebowl and firecut were ridable, but the best snow Ink, Ice and I found was in bennetts bowl, and a little later on dealers choice. Odd Job, 007, amd Kyle spent some time on Richards, Ink, Dennis and I decided to lap Dueces. Ice and Jordan called it early due to near catastrophic equipment failure,(Ice) and a bit of a head knocker.(Jordan). crowds were lighter, but the fast and firm made things feel a little sketch with the Zombie Death Wedgers at times. Next weekend looks like we should get back to some midwinter conditions.

Took me a decade and a half plus to figure this one out, but short boards are really fun!  Tiring too, but not as hard on my legs as trying to bend a gs stick into a slalom shape all day.  I absoulutely scorched the wax off of my base today with all of the turns I was making, and I was driving Ice nuts with my incessant smiling and giggling. I might just have to finish the season out on the lil' stoopid fun, 'cause, well,  its stoopid fun...

Edited by big mario
  • Like 4

Looking forward to some of that world renowned Lovey hospitality on Sunday if I can get out of Dirty Jersey at a decent hour this weekend.  Looks like I'm coordinating with some appreciable precip as well.  WP for the remainder of the week if anyone is behooved to venture north.  👍

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Kneel said:

Looking forward to some of that world renowned Lovey hospitality on Sunday if I can get out of Dirty Jersey at a decent hour this weekend.  

Cross the NJ/Pa state line under the cover of darkness Friday morning.  Its the only way to escape...

Edited by big mario
  • Like 2

Went to Loveland Friday. New snow brought out lots of end-of-season snow sliders. Roads were slick and traffic was heavy. 

They had about 4" new on top of nice groom. The first 3 or so runs on Firebowl / Turtle Creek were wonderful. Big arcing high-speed turns on effortless smooth, soft snow. Then the crowds hit. We move over to #8 and the crowds followed. Lift lines at the bottom of #8 were curving around both sides. Maybe 50x people or so.

Going to #8 wasn't worth it. Awsome was not. Chet's was just OK. They closed Face several weeks ago so the only way to get back to the main area was the big traverse from the top of #8 over to Scrub under #4. This Suuuucked!! Worst run of the season. The cost/benefit ratio of going to #8 was about a 10. 

Back over to Ptarmigan and #6. Keno was very nice and the upper portion of Deuces was nice. By this time Turtle Creek was really bumpy. By 12:30 or so, I was beat and ready for a beer. For some reason, the lodge was packed and they weren't allowing any more seatings. So, we drank our beers outside. 

So much for the only upside of the shutdown.

1 hour ago, JohnE said:

Not true. We had a great time. I'm just recognizing aspects that are less than ideal. 

we saw you guys running around. Just could never get on the same lap. looked good from the chair. Sunday was stellar. waiting for Mario to chime in on that

1 hour ago, slopestar said:

we saw you guys running around. Just could never get on the same lap. looked good from the chair. Sunday was stellar. waiting for Mario to chime in on that

Gregory has really stepped up his game on soft boots this season. I think with his mass he may be able to challenge Mario in a Trenching Contest!