Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

PSA

I hate to be that guy but I would skip the Rat until all these travelers leave.  We are seeing a disconcerting amount of COVID at the Vail Hospital with the majority of the cases being from out of state.  Our positivity rates are nearing 50%.  FIFTY ****ING PERCENT and we are running hundreds of tests per day.

Be safe out there, wear your seatbelts, don't talk to strangers, take care of yourselves, stay the hell away from the hospitals and children.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Carvin' Marvin said:

PSA

I hate to be that guy but I would skip the Rat until all these travelers leave.  We are seeing a disconcerting amount of COVID at the Vail Hospital with the majority of the cases being from out of state.  Our positivity rates are nearing 50%.  FIFTY ****ING PERCENT and we are running hundreds of tests per day.

Be safe out there, wear your seatbelts, don't talk to strangers, take care of yourselves, stay the hell away from the hospitals and children.

I was telling P last night that I wasnt going anywhere near the Rat until the Kantexahomans go back to their respective holes, so thanks for that validation

I have all of that other stuff handled except talking to strangers, my momma didn't teach me about stranger danger when i was a lil' un...

mario

Today we now say goodbye the holiday season, and the associated tourons.  

Cold and sunny today, breezy, but not enough to shut down the lifts. it was nice to be able to see for the first time in a few weeks, on the plus side all of the new snow from the last few weeks has opened up a bunch of new terrain.  Firecut had a fresh mow on it as did drifter, and dueces wild. Groom was pretty good, though a little soft in places, as I found out on a couple of heelies on Roulette, and Firecut. Somehow I managed to overpower the board, dont know how that happened😜

Small crew out today, Ice, 007, the kid, and myself. Ethan has grown a couple of inches since last season, and so has his riding, he's looking pretty solid on the lower angle stuff. He even followed me into bad juju,(formally known as Drifter) and came out unscathed.

Called it early after pulling an evasive move and tweaking my back knee on spillway after someone dropped the bumpy side on the left, then decided to pop on the groom in my periphery. Next week awaits.

Mario

Edited by big mario
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, big mario said:

Today we now say goodbye the holiday season, and the associated tourons.  

Cold and sunny today, breezy, but not enough to shut down the lifts. it was nice to be able to see for the first time in a few weeks, on the plus side all of the new snow from the last few weeks has opened up a bunch of new terrain.  Firecut had a fresh mow on it as did drifter, and dueces wild. Groom was pretty good, though a little soft in places, as I found out on a couple of heelies on Roulette, and Firecut. Somehow I managed to overpower the board, dont know that happened😜

Small crew out today, Ice, 007, the kid, and myself. Ethan has grown a couple of inches since last season, and so has his riding, he's looking pretty solid on the lower angle stuff. He even followed me into bad juju,(formally known as Drifter) and came out unscathed.

Called it early after pulling an evasive move and tweaking my back knee on spillway after someone dropped the bumpy side on the left, then decided to pop on the groom in my periphery. Next week awaits.

Mario

today was good!

i stuck around for another couple hours to work on my heel side turns. with hillary’s tip (thank you!) i started to feel a lot better about it

i hope to ride with y’all again soon, and if you’re in Bozeman, feel free to drop by!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, greenie234 said:

today was good!

i stuck around for another couple hours to work on my heel side turns. with hillary’s tip (thank you!) i started to feel a lot better about it

i hope to ride with y’all again soon, and if you’re in Bozeman, feel free to drop by!

Glad that worked.  It might be more of a temporary fix but will lead you to figuring out more.  Super stoked you're figuring things out!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, big mario said:

Mario

Hope that knee is not as bad as mine. 
Doing better but still taking it easy. 

ink

• Like 2

Thursday 12/30 was my first day up. Not a great day: traffic pretty slow going up, the winds had all lifts closed but Chet's and #2. Not very windy below timberline. Crowds & lift lines. Snow conditions were pretty good but on the soft side. We had a few good carving runs but the hassle/fun factor just wasn't there. 

If this was a typical day of snowboarding, I wouldn't be a snowboarder.  

Friday was OK. Snow was probably better on Thursday but not sure if we could get there. As it was we left the Dino lot at 6:40. Traffic moved OK until about 4 miles from the tunnel and then traffic just stopped. Roads were dry. We were stopped for about 1/2 hour. Then traffic started moving. Never found out why. 

We were on the lift when they opened at 9AM. Groom was pretty good but lots of ridges. Weather was nice. Crowds were light early but then picked up. They opened #4 around 10AM and Scrub was tracked out by about 10:30. I got tired and we quit at noon. We got about 12 runs in. Pretty good day - not great.  

7 hours ago, greenie234 said:

Went up to Beaver Creek yesterday, where I played with my lena a little bit. Ended up riding open to close, but wow I don’t think I’ve had a better day ever. So many trenches. Sore as heck though

lena the name of your coiler? 

If still in town sunday, join us again. I will be out this time.

ink