Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

On 2/21/2022 at 9:55 AM, inkaholic said:

Bigs had to depart early for familial priorities but thanks P for at least getting him on hill for a bit.  

Ink

My Honi is so awesome.  I wasn't planning on going up at all because of the memorial get together for her mom, but she made me go.  P tried to push the start out a little further so I could get more time on the hill, she did get it moved, but I ended up having to pick my sister up at DIA at 11ish. I could have gotten one more in, but decided to be a responsible adult, and be down at a reasonable time.  The 4 runs I got in were money, sorry I ditched y'all for that first run, I needed to get as many as I could as early as I could. P thanks all of you for the condolences you passed on, as do I

Kneel is stopping by in a bit to hook me up with a 6 pound log of nitrates and nitrites on his way to 10 days at Copper, but he is planning on slumming with us on Sunday

As always, good to ride with all of you, I wish circumstances would've let me stay a little later.

mario

image.png.42a59c2588e23a65b4166b8411e9a322.png

Edited by big mario
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, JohnE said:

So - Pete - you were the "returning LCI member". Hope you are doing well in ABQ and getting in some turns. Arne has been out healing from shoulder surgery. I think he is out for  the season. 

Take care - John

MonoDude was the returning member and the founding member is Pete (the Sheriff)

ink

Yesterday was another great day. Best snow of the season (for me). About 6" of new dry, dense snow on top of nice groom below. We were on the first chair. Powderhounds made it a bit more crowded than a typical Wednesday but not too bad. The first 4 runs or so were the definition of Cold Surf. Big, wide-open turns through big sections of lightly tracked snow. After it got somewhat tracked-out the snow was still wonderful. We got about 11 runs in between 9AM - noon. We never questioned if our Donek Fluxes were the right board for the conditions. Wonderful!

• Like 2

This past Sunday was another awesome, bluebird carving session. With another full lineup we proceeded to "knife the place" as said by HillB007.

007, Ice, svr, bigs, D.T., Shelly, Mr. E, Carvin Marvin (with manana), Dennis, Kyle, Kneel and son Sean rounded out those in attendance.

Many hoots, hollas, and comments followed as we proceeded to tear Lovey apart. Snow was a bit on the softer side of last week after a bit of snow fell but still hero. One rider was heard commenting that "that was the most runs this season" they had taken in a single session.

Many sunburned teeth, some refreshing recovery beverages and good times all around with good friends.

ink

• Like 9

Packed up and headed back to sea level with those good body aches and pains. April perhaps? I see a small window in the calendar which of course includes a Sunday.  Thanks (again) everyone for you hospitality and camraderie. 👍

Neil

• Like 5

Another great day yesterday. Easy / quick ride up & back. Lodge and slopes uncrowded. Wonderful groom. Coming off of Firebowl they groomed 2 - 3 passes skier's right that headed toward the lower portion of Bennett's (right toward the cabin). Carving this was really fun because each toeside was uphill and each heelside was downhill (or vice-versa). Did a couple of non-stops on Roulette and 6x on Chet's. 13 runs total in about 3 1/2 hours. We stopped in the office to compliment on the wonderful groom. 

• Like 2

Smaller than the previous 2 Sundays with 5 regulars, Bigs, Ice, svr, shelly and myself, working on being a regular, noob J49, and special guests BRatcliffe and wife. BR used to race with me back in the day and showed up on his new 152 Yes powder board. After working hard carving it svr traded him for a couple runs putting him on a tanker 186. Seeing svr on a 152 was very comical since he hasn't ridden anything that small in many, many years. BR would now like to try the 181.

I tested out the Tanker 201 Team edition owned by Ice. This board was a blast railing turns like a freecarve board and not a freeride/powder longboard. 😍 Took a bit to get used to the width but dang that is a fun board to play on.

Bigs, aka "tinkerbell" for the day, had 4 lens changes, 3 board changes, a binding adjustment at the bottom and a binding adjustment at the top. Not one of his best days going into a much needed vacation from work and LCI shenanigans.

Shelly was carving hard as seen in the post above by D.T. and enjoying her Tanker 171 Japanese edition.

Weather and light was constantly changing but much fun was had by all. Due to the cold and changing weather only a short cahr bahr session was enjoyed.

ink

Edited by inkaholic
mor
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Non ride update

Lots of rum, fresh Ahi, Mahi Mahi, and Grouper.  Kayaking with 'gators in the glades tomorrow. Did some sailing in the gulf early in the week, worked the winch as needed, but mostly lollin' about not doin' Jack $hit, recharging my beat up body and mind. Checked the luv webcams this am, groom looked carvalicious in the bright early morning sun, I hope it was as good as it looked.  8rw on hold, flex index did not make Mark happy, not sure where that's going.  Cannot wait to be back on snow next weekend, and ride with you boneheads again

Mario

Edited by big mario
  • Like 6

As Bigs said above "Checked the luv webcams this am, groom looked carvalicious" it was better than it looked.

Destroyed the practice field before moving on to Bennetts for a few groovy runs. Noob was super excited with the conditions. No Firecut groom so we did not hit that. On to roulette for more than the usual amount of runs since nobody wanted to leave it. Finally called it there to hit Spillway/Richards before the legs were shredded. Spillway was a bit wavey without an overnight groom but grippy and fun with air transitions between turns. Richards was as fun as usual.

8 +1 out with svr, ice, hillb, d.t., j49, mr. e, kyle, and myself. Added for some late tanker 186 demo runs was Trent. He seemed to be digging the ride and his legs were tired from not being used to carving as much as he was.

Inside the Rat for recovery refreshments. Good times with good friends.

Many comments like "so fast", "looks awesome", "so low" were heard everywhere we went. Ice was even called a "magical unicorn" by demo boy Trent. 🦄

ink

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Home, sweet, home!

Another fine day on the slopes of the Luv, despite the rolling uncertainty and chaos wrought by the hordes of spring breakers. It is so good to be back.  Sunny, warmish, a bit breezy at times, with a softish, grippy forgiving groom which was quickly decimated by our rampaging posse of 9.  As per normal, we followed the sun, starting on the practice field, working to the south with a few in Bennets, onto Roulette, E tow, with some of us finishing up on Richards and Mambo.  The Big virus kicked my A$$, so I was done earlyish after toppling just outside the lift chicane, while a few of the lighter, younger, more athletic riders kept it goin  with 1,2,4, and more runs.  Coach Ink spent a bunch of time with the FNG, who was killing it on my old gold lame' topsheet FCII, complete with '08 Social Distortion tour sticker. Lots of smiles, tail gunning, and overall phenomenal riding taking place, topped off with some serious goggle tans. No Cahr Bahr, we adjourned to the Rat for our usual rounds of post ride analgesic recovery drinks, and our weekly " you are so awesome" love fest.

On the Hill Today:

007 (getting more comfortable with her inner freecarver), Mr. Positive, The FNG, Kyle, Coach Ink, Mr. E, SVR, myself, and joining us later, after a 2 year absence, prior to covid, Issaac the Burner

See youse on sunday

Mario

P.S- MR. John Deere, Inky had an early goggle strap violation, just thought I'let you know, though he did end up with a plus 50cps due to the amount of positve mentoring he was doing today, worth an easy +100 cp

Edited by big mario
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1