Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Watch for a spike in gout cases in central Colorado. The kid goes through a log in a month, but he's 22, has a bmi in the teens and squats +350. He also shares a lot of it with his brother firemen on Sunday breakfast when on shift so he's using his super nitrate powers for good.  But you're right.  Decent rolls are the real problem out there.  If I were a smart man I would build a device that allows yeast to rise then bake at around 14psi just to spit out good Kaisers all day. 

Picked up a 4-pack per Inky. It will get used. 👍  Will probably get a Monarch pass as well.  While BV isn't quite the location I planned on buying a place as it's a bit of a commute to, well, everywhere you can slide on snow, it's perfect for him with a 2-day-on/4-day-off schedule in Pbville.  It's also a great jump off point  to spend 2-3 days riding some pretty spectacular places within a 4 hour drive.  You know you have quite a few of those places out there...

• Like 1

It just happened again today. This time mid-slope by a young adult woman.

At least I was on softboots this time. I flipped up my goggles and said, "I'm asian". 🤣

I don't go across the hill for an eternity. I don't do tricks. I don't ride switch. I'm not over 6 feet tall.

What the **** do I have to do? 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Thanksgiving Day

The team was running full throttle today, we were in full turn and burn mode, with 9 runs in before 10.  There were a few straggler teams around, and things still didn't get too weird until about 9:45 As JD would say, we knifed the place. I called it at about 10 to get back for some familial turkey day obligations.  Yesterday's crew consisted of MR. JOHN DEERE, Ice, SVR, Slopestar, and Miss Katie.

Black Friday

I dodged one today. After a about 8 or 9 solid runs, the holiday gong show was starting to ramp up.  Windows were getting smaller, crowds were growing, it was getting uncomfortable. On what turned out to be the last run of the day for me, I did multiple 6 checks on the cat walk, and decided that staying high and to riders left on mambo was the safest course of action. After 4 quick turns on the little SF, on the apex of my heelside, I heard that dreaded scraping sound behind me, and to the left, and felt some banging on my board. I looked down and saw ski tips and boots right next to my back foot, I somehow managed to stay up, and pull away. Apparently, some dumbass from eastern Ohio thought it was a good idea to shoot that 5' gap between myself and the ropeline. He went down hard, I think he crossed tips after hitting my board, endoed, double ejected and splatted pretty good. I stuck around for a bit, once he regained his faculties, he bitched at me for carving across the hill. I gently reminded him the ability to stop, and possibly turn, especially when approaching downhill riders, are essential skills when being on the hill. I stayed around for a little bit, waiting to see if he was good to go. he seemed to be, I got impatient, and headed down the hill to catch up with Tank and JD. I looked up again and saw him toss his $hit into the woods. I waited again at the lift to further discuss our interaction, again to no avail. I gave up, and skated over to the parking lot, where I was met by a patroller and lift supervisor. I told them I didn't run, he seemed okay, and since he basically ended my day, i was heading down the hill and home.  As I was filling out a report on the hood of the flex, another patroller came up, compared notes, and said" yep, he said you were the downhill rider" and that was that. I am a little rattled, but otherwise okay, im not even sure I went down, and there is no damage to the SF. Not sure if I am in for sunday yet, I might let the holiday shitshow die down and sleep in

fun times,

mario

Edited by big mario
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, big mario said:

Thanksgiving Day

The team was running full throttle today, we were in full turn and burn mode, with 9 runs in before 10.  There were a few straggler teams around, and things still didn't get too weird until about 9:45 As JD would say, we knifed the place. I called it at about 10 to get back for some familial turkey day obligations.  Yesterday's crew consisted of MR. JOHN DEERE, Ice, SVR, Slopestar, and Miss Katie.

Black Friday

I dodged one today. After a about 8 or 9 solid runs, the holiday gong show was starting to ramp up.  Windows were getting smaller, crowds were growing, it was getting uncomfortable. On what turned out to be the last run of the day for me, I did multiple 6 checks on the cat walk, and decided that staying high and to riders left on mambo was the safest course of action. After 4 quick turns on the little SF, on the apex of my heelside, I heard that dreaded scraping sound behind me, and to the left, and felt some banging on my board. I looked down and saw ski tips and boots right next to my back foot, I somehow managed to stay up, and pull away. Apparently, some dumbass from eastern Ohio thought it was a good idea to shoot that 5' gap between myself and the ropeline. He went down hard, I think he crossed tips after hitting my board, endoed, double ejected and splatted pretty good. I stuck around for a bit, once he regained his faculties, he bitched at me for carving across the hill. I gently reminded him the ability to stop, and possibly turn, especially when approaching downhill riders, are essential skills when being on the hill. I stayed around for a little bit, waiting to see if he was good to go. he seemed to be, I got impatient, and headed down the hill to catch up with Tank and JD. I looked up again and saw him toss his $hit into the woods. I waited again at the lift to further discuss our interaction, again to no avail. I gave up, and skated over to the parking lot, where I was met by a patroller and lift supervisor. I told them I didn't run, he seemed okay, and since he basically ended my day, i was heading down the hill and home.  As I was filling out a report on the hood of the flex, another patroller came up, compared notes, and said" yep, he said you were the downhill rider" and that was that. I am a little rattled, but otherwise okay, im not even sure I went down, and there is no damage to the SF. Not sure if I am in for sunday yet, I might let the holiday shitshow die down and sleep in

fun times,

mario

If he looks rich, hope he isn’t protected by a trust and go to town! 🤣

Speaking of which. I noticed in Snowmass, people would wait unusually long for me to start my run.

I assume they are all protected by trusts, but want to just avoid the hassle.

I think they assume everyone else they see is at least a poor multi-millionaire with litigation artillery power on speed dial and just want to avoid the hassle.

When I hear tales of collisions (or near collisions) it really makes me shudder. Glad you weren't hurt. Even if you don't get hurt physically, you stand the chance of getting hurt legally. 

Riding mid-week doesn't eliminate the risk but it does reduce it significantly. There are fewer slope sliders and the people out there tend to be older local skiers. They tend to be more aware, more capable and more cautious. 

Be careful out there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, JohnE said:

When I hear tales of collisions (or near collisions) it really makes me shudder. Glad you weren't hurt. 

Thanks John.

Once the adrenaline wore off later on I started to feel the ouchits on my right side, I couldn't remember if I went down or not, but my ribs, arm, shoulder and a$$ cheek on told another story.  Feeling better today, I plan on being back out next Sunday.  The whole thing was more annoying than anything else. As expected, the numbnuts that hit me got the worst of it. He corroborated my version of me being the downhill rider, in Patrols eyes it was all on him

Mario

Edited by big mario
  • Like 2

glad to hear you're good bigs

ink

On 11/28/2022 at 9:38 AM, MR. JOHN DEERE ! said:

I just want to thank all of you for such great hospitality. Big change of scenery for me, versus riding with my group of degenerates back at Loon !!  

Bigs, SlopeStar, Ice, HillB and SVR great riding with you guys, the conditions and weather were perfect !!!! 

Bummed I missed you Mr. JD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, inkaholic said:

glad to hear you're good bigs

ink

Bummed I missed you Mr. JD.

Bummed....... you missed me, or you missed my BUM ?????? 

Dont feel bad, the only thing Bigs and I talked about on the lift was getting hit from behind by a gaper. Then it finally came true, day 3 !! Great crew you guys have, such gentlemen and Scholars. Catch up soon ya GOON !

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, MR. JOHN DEERE ! said:

Bummed....... you missed me, or you missed my BUM ?????? 

Dont feel bad, the only thing Bigs and I talked about on the lift was getting hit from behind by a gaper. Then it finally came true, day 3 !! Great crew you guys have, such gentlemen and Scholars. Catch up soon ya GOON !

Both 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kneel said:

See you'se guys Sunday. 👍

fixed that for you.  I'll be a game time decision, P is having shoulder surgery on friday

On 12/5/2022 at 9:17 AM, JohnE said:

Anyone get up on the new #6 yet? How's the new lift? How's the snow on Roulette?

exit ramp is higher, at least for now.  Not worth it on Sunday, it was pretty beat up by the time we got over there.  I'll wait until there are a few more runs open since everyone is coming down roulette at the moment. 

1 hour ago, big mario said:

fixed that for you.  I'll be a game time decision, P is having shoulder surgery on friday

exit ramp is higher, at least for now.  Not worth it on Sunday, it was pretty beat up by the time we got over there.  I'll wait until there are a few more runs open since everyone is coming down roulette at the moment. 

I like to let Big M do the Sunday report-

12/4- Usual players. Mario, Ice, Sandy, Slopestar, FNG. Conditions were good. Soft after a couple inches of new. We all did a few laps together and the crew went to 6/Roulette while i swapped from variable sidecut to 15m fixed. I did a few extra laps solo and met the crew sans FNG in the Rathskeller. I left without a beverage but mentally toasted no injuries and left with perma-grin from the Alloysnow.com AZX1. MAy not be at Lovie this weekend as we are exercising our Ikon passes.

• Like 4