Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

On 12/18/2023 at 8:28 AM, svr2 said:

Yesterday was a minimal crew of @ice @D.T. and me for some cold variable conditions, but Richard’s was not too bad.  Need more snow everywhere in Colorado sadly.IMG_2711.jpeg.f59e248ac6f674d72670f817bad49abd.jpegIMG_2719.jpeg.969b471e426ee913cdea94b1ebdaca2f.jpeg

Interesting that you said it was cold. I took the dog for a walk Sunday afternoon in a T-shirt. About 64 degrees and sunny. 

So wanted to go Sunday but was woken up by a text from my client showing the xcel drops arcing and burning at about 10:30pm Saturday night. Needless to say, didn't sleep so well. Had to be on site Sunday morning to point at things and confirm that it was an xcel issue and had nothing to do with us... (it was xcel, they had fixed it overnight)

Good times, sometimes my job is so much fun and exciting!

Mario

Edited by big mario

55 minutes ago, Odd Job said:

I got cleared. Unless stuff happens, I'll see you ****ers on Sunday.

2 things:

Dust off the filter and engage it

Keep your expectations low

One of the worst starts to the season I have seen in like forever

• Haha 1

My abuses of youth have caught up with me, riding with 2 bad knees and shoulders, overly cautious cause of 2 wicked crashes as well as getting tagged from behind by an Ohioan  last year, and having some issues with being 60 have slowed me down a touch. Oh, and the lack of snow and crowds...

And my ginormus bhudda belly

Edited by big mario
  • Sad 1

PT has be doing a ton of TVA exercises. Transverse Abdominus. To protect my back. Also advised to artificially tighten my core while riding and see.

Common for women to do it during and after pregnancy. I’m just pregnant with calories.

Can’t go to the gym anymore to simply burn calories.

Greg & I at Loveland yesterday for my 2nd day this season. Much more crowded than last Thursday. Started with a few on Richards & Mambo and met up with Juwan. We decided to go over to #3 to avoid the crowds. Good call. Snow was firm but nicely groomed. Very few people on #3. We would either do the whole run or sometimes get off at midway for some easy low angle fun stuff. I think we did almost 20 runs and knocked off at about 1PM. I was riding a 155 Donek Aloha that Sean loaned me. I liked it but I don't think it is enough different from my 2 Fluxes. 

Speaking of perfect groom - I-70 eastbound from the tunnel to about Idaho Springs has been recently re-paved and is like the perfect corduroy for the first run of the morning. What a glide!

We're going to skip next week because the snow likely won't be any better and the crowds are almost certainly going to be worse. We'll try again sometime the first week of January. 

Nice riding with you Juwan. We'll look for you in the future.

• Like 3

Super fun this past Sunday. Mild temps and sunny and seemed like the masses just stayed home or left for home post holiday. Ice, Mario, Odd Job, Katie and I rounded out the group. Never found ruts or ice out there. We all took one more it was so much fun. A toast at the Rathskellar and met some new friends as well. Sorry, I forgot the couples names but was a great way to close out 2023. Hope you all had a great New years Eve and we always look forward to more days on the hill with such a great crew! 

Edited by slopestar
  • Like 3

Great day yesterday. Met Lance & family in the lodge at breakfast. Overcast with off & on light snow. About 20 degrees. Visibility was good enough.  

Greg & I went up to Ptarmigan. Ski Tracker shows about 15 runs Firebowl / Turtle Creek, 3 runs Firebowl / Firecut and 2 runs on Roulette. A few crowds but were able to find openings and no close calls. Snow was very good. Firm but not icy. Even after the cord was gone the remaining snow held up very well. Getting a little bumpy around 12:30 but still lots of fun. We quit at 1:30 after 4 1/2 hours. Really tired. Best day of the season (3rd day). 

Now I think our default day will be Tuesdays.  

I didn't want to drive and went to Breck.

Easily the worst conditions anywhere. They are opening runs that were bare just a couple of days ago to pad ski run numbers, to fool the Spring Break planners.

Should have made the 40 min drive to Loveland.

Edited by Odd Job

6 hours ago, Odd Job said:

I didn't want to drive and went to Breck.

Easily the worst conditions anywhere. They are opening runs that were bare just a couple of days ago to pad ski run numbers, to fool the Spring Break planners.

Should have made the 40 min drive to Loveland.

Not as bad as WP. Can't count the times I've apologized to my board. Meat gate city too. Don't these parents think these kids should be in school? Cripes...

Posted (edited)

Hi Everybody!

Its been a minute, or two, but like the rest of the country, not much to write home about( other than the camaraderie of the crew, which as always, has been amazingly awesome!!!)  Been riding since opening weekend, but the lack of terrain has been a hinderance to opening things up, keeping me going in these early days of the season have been the presence of teammates Ice, Sandy, Slopestar,  and Katie, with the added presence of the Odd once he came off the IR ( a little tough getting old, isnt it Jman?)We are really lucky to have what we have at the Luv, Thanks Mr Cogan for not ditching me almost 20 years ago, though your anti social self won't admit it, you have created something bigger than all of us, even me in my some what bloated current state

Sunday was by far the best day of the season, it might be a hard one to top.  6 fruitbooters, and 6 softy riders all trenching the living Shite out of Loveys meager offerings in the cold, muted light of day. Stalwarts, Sandy, Ice, Lance, Katie, Odd Job, FNG J49, Coach Ink, in his triumphant return, were joined by the Garden State contingent of Kneel, his sons Fireman Sean, and Quinn. Rounding out the festivities were Hilary, and Julia. It was a rocking good day, Lula!

Forecast is lining up for 2'-3' in the coming week, might be bringing out the 2 meter slalom board for next Sunday

Til' then,

Mario

Edited by big mario
  • Like 6