Note to New Members ×

Heard it in the lift line 2023-2024

Mr Wonton

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ernie00 said:

can't believe you went there on an alpine setup !    I was there last year on a stiff softboot setup and it was hard to generate speed to get a few good carves in.

I'm sure most people there have no clue about carving setup.

It’s not that bad, I used to learn all my carving in one of these

On 8/20/2023 at 5:05 PM, Ernie00 said:

can't believe you went there on an alpine setup !    I was there last year on a stiff softboot setup and it was hard to generate speed to get a few good carves in.

I'm sure most people there have no clue about carving setup.

It’s definitely hard to get speed but for New Jersey in the summer it’s pretty good. From my work parking lot to theirs it takes me 4 minutes and I get there a half hour before they open. Perfect amount of time to gear up and get first tracks when conditions are as good as they’re gonna get. I’ve seen a few other hardbooters there and have been lucky enough to ride with the mystical unicorn @Kneel

Of course it was Kneel, I would expect nothing less from someone who is so Jersey to the core, its only natural that he would snowboard at a mall, was he wearing his members only as he stepped out of his Iroc?

He has been in rehab with his recent purchase of a house out here in the promised land...

Mario

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, big mario said:

Of course it was Kneel, I would expect nothing less from someone who is so Jersey to the core, its only natural that he would snowboard at a mall, was he wearing his members only as he stepped out of his Iroc?

He has been in rehab with his recent purchase of a house out here in the promised land...

Mario

We watched Saved by the bell before we went and hit up Spencer’s after. He was decked out in Benetton. Sadly, we couldn’t find the Swatch store. 

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

This week, I hop on the chair and a snowboard instructor rides up with me.

She glanced at my board with a confused look on her face and then asks

"It that a ski?".  I then had to proceed to "educate" her.  She even took a picture of it!!!

I no longer get comments about my riding, but my Virus Le Surf Carbon/Titan is now officially known as the coolest looking board at my home hill.  

Finally got to ride it in good pow this season and can now confirm that it smashes EVERYTHING. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Yesterday, Chair 7 at Snow Summit, the chair guy sees my board and says: “wow a monoski!”.

After explaining it was an alpine snowboard, he kept saying it was too narrow for a snowboard. But he said it was the coolest snowboard he saw.

Board is a Donek FC1 171cm from 20 years ago!! Made for Bomberonline.com

Later at the same chair lift, I heard someone saying it was a “Slalom ski”

• Like 2

On 2/21/2024 at 2:39 PM, jng said:

Skier says to me, "Watching you ride almost makes me want to try snowboarding. Almost."

You need to improve. People apparently orgasm watching @dredman. 😉

----------------

If you didn't see it at the time.

Edited by SunSurfer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, lordmetroland said:

I'm pretty sure that skiing in jeans necessitates a pair of Salomon rear entries.

That's Donny Pelletier, "Maine's Finest Athlete", the comedy character invented by Olympic Mogul skier Troy Murphy.  He was in this year's Warren Miller movie and IMO stole the show.

Check him out on Instagram and enjoy.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzCy73GJc7F/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CekjuwclUhL/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Oh and some pro tuning advice:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3qfEnGyGm-

• Like 1

On 2/25/2024 at 7:00 AM, Corey said:

Kids at the top of the run after @martock_carver did a nice toe side on a bank: "Yooooo, that was sick!" 

Then we saw a guy riding with negi negi angles. Not posi posi, -30ish degrees on both feet. Not riding switch, just enjoying a weird day of snowboarding. 

Yeah, I'm never gonna unsee that 🤣

• Haha 1