Note to New Members ×

Heard it in the lift line 2023-2024

Mr Wonton

Riding 173 coiler with hardboots etc and an older ski patroller asked:  "That's quite a contraption, what's it for?"  Her demeanor and delivery reminded me so much of my mom, it truly made me laugh. A 'contraption'?!  Like it's some outlandish rube goldberg machine?  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DMKW said:

Riding 173 coiler with hardboots etc and an older ski patroller asked:  "That's quite a contraption, what's it for?" 

My god man, she may have needed your help! Were there any other signs that she was hopelessly trapped in the 90s? Was she humming Ace of Base songs? Wearing Vuarnets and Roffe stretch pants? Maybe her hair didn't move in the wind? Think, damnit, think!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 3/12/2024 at 7:41 PM, lordmetroland said:

My god man, she may have needed your help! Were there any other signs that she was hopelessly trapped in the 90s? Was she humming Ace of Base songs? Wearing Vuarnets and Roffe stretch pants? Maybe her hair didn't move in the wind? Think, damnit, think!

did I hear Roffe?!🤪IMG_1672.jpeg.2fa6c7eb00617163211e6e38e4d54734.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

This morning at Mount Sunapee, NH after 22” of fresh in the last two days, a mother to her ~4 year old:

”Tomorrow is the last day of skiing.”

”Why?”

”Because they’re closing for the season.”

“Why?”

“Because it’s Spring.”

“I HATE SPRING!”

Me too, kid. Me too. 😢

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

At a shop (snowboard specific shop)to demo a board, located at a California resort that will go unnamed. I bring in my Coiler with Bombers to set up the bindings on the demo board...
Employee 1: "Your monoski"

Me: "Are you serious? This is a snowboard shop right?" 

Employee 2: "I used to race"

Me: "Cool, what kind of set up? Hard or soft boots?"

Employee 2: "Soft boots on that board with the squiggly name."

My conclusion: recreational marijuana laws should have been phased in slower.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

I dont know about you guys, but the lift line has been awesome, with many people saying “that thing sure rips”, “that is awesome”, "that things just flies doesn't it?", which makes one feel really good. Besides, I find myself pushing harder when the trail goes under some chairs, which I feel has helped me give that extra boost in diving into the fall line that helps bettering myself at a faster rate, although sometimes (more often than not) it ends in me falling and sliding on my ass (I have disintegrated 2 pants this season). No shame on that since I am not even 25 days in on my hardboot journey. But the lift line definitely improves the overall experience. Thank you lift line!

Hugo

Edited by Hug Masso
  • Like 3

On 4/18/2024 at 8:15 PM, Hug Masso said:

I dont know about you guys, but the lift line has been awesome, with many people saying “that thing sure rips”, “that is awesome”, "that things just flies doesn't it?", which makes one feel really good. Besides, I find myself pushing harder when the trail goes under some chairs, which I feel has helped me give that extra boost in diving into the fall line that helps bettering myself at a faster rate, although sometimes (more often than not) it ends in me falling and sliding on my ass (I have disintegrated 2 pants this season). No shame on that since I am not even 25 days in on my hardboot journey. But the lift line definitely improves the overall experience. Thank you lift line!

Hugo

I’ve always thought that there is an untapped business model here: pants by subscription.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1