Note to New Members ×

Angry Snowboarder - Top 5 Reasons Hard Booting is Skiing

pmorita

This guy has been around on the internet for decades. He spent a looong time building up the persona and that's what makes him some money. A lot of the stuff he says is tongue in cheek and to generate discussion, and well, this thread exists, so it's working.

Don't expect him to change his stance on his "views" any time soon and definitely don't take anything offensive he says personally, that's just what he does.

Good on him I say. Page 2 .. longer than a lot of threads have gone 🙂

Edited by daveo

• 1 month later...

Ive not heard of the amplid since its a smaller brand but the others are pretty good choices but tend to fall a little bit more into the surf style of carve where you pitch the board on edge and just enjoy the ride. I will say the yes optimistic is a great carving board for anyone looking for a carving board thats good in powder. I rode a friends and it rode very similar to the sg soul i had at the time just a bit smaller.

3 hours ago, pmorita said:

Rich unintentional comedy vein here...

"We're not talking about these $1000 custom jobs recommended by butt-hurt, middle-aged white guys wearing ski boots."

And in a list created by a butt-hurt ("angry") middle-aged white guy, the number 1 carving board is a $1000 deck created by a guy who made his reputation wearing "ski boots."

I love this guy!

• Like 1

I love that he uses K2 Thraxis boots... one of the stiffest "softboots" on the market, if not the stiffest.  Bears no resemblance to any boot anyone would use if they had any interest in park/pipe or all-mtn freestyle at all.  A boot for BX racers and lame dads like me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gawdzira said:

Hardbooting = Crossfit

I hope not.

11 hours ago, Neil Gendzwill said:

I’m skeptical that he even rides all these boards. He puts out a metric assload of reviews and they are all pretty boilerplate. There’s never any accompanying video. He’ll review a hard charging freeride board and discuss how easy it is to butter. 

Yeah I've wondered the same thing about him for about 15 years. 

On 11/11/2021 at 3:24 AM, Neil Gendzwill said:

I’m skeptical that he even rides all these boards....

I took him to task before he had discovered video when he posted a review of a Burton Fish which he'd clearly never ridden in the powder for which it was designed. His "review" was pointless and misleading.

There are thousands of "the best..." sites, all delivering the manufacturers' blurb as pseudo-reviews like this. I think it's a good sign that manufacturers are providing him with more speed-oriented boards to push these days. He'll be selling mono skis soon enough if they dare to produce them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atom Ant said:

I have to agree with him on the gymnastics routine comment!  Snowboarding equivalent of ski balet.  

He’s got some pathological hatred for Ryan Knapton and Donek that I don’t understand. Probably jealousy as Ryan kills it both in riding skills and view counts. 

• Like 2

For me it's actually not the angry snowboarder that is shocking (it's just his schtick), it's the comments that are depressing.  Conversely, we should probably keep in mind that this divisiveness is sometimes reciprocated; I've seen more than a few hardboot vids where the snobbishness against softbooters was just barely contained (and it isn't a good image either).

• Like 3

On 11/12/2021 at 12:18 PM, Atom Ant said:

I have to agree with him on the gymnastics routine comment!  Snowboarding equivalent of ski balet.  

I missed that, but I was watching the "Dear Rider" documentary on Jake Burton, which is worth a look and available via torrent if you need to. Anyway, some of the modern stuff they show is very much aerial ballet, and I was just thinking whilst watching it that the tools have switched from skis to boards, but otherwise it's the same thing.

Snowboarding was pretty much invented despite the wishes of herd animals like Mr Angry.
They said we couldn't ride too, and look how that worked out for them.

Edited by philw
Correct typo: documentary, not "documentation"!
  • Like 5