Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

7 hours ago, *Ace* said:

Anyone here make it to Wolf Creek today?

Too far for early season (5:30 hour drive for me). Sound cool and all but I can wait another week.

Speaking of which:

image.png.70d2eb5c93e405b80902d504fb7215f9.png

10/14/2018 4:44 PM

If you look closely, they're blowing snow on Home Run. That's usually a good sign. Means they're done with the higher stuff. I would not be surprised to see ya'll next weekend.

• Like 1

Nice day fo shu!

Sooo happy just to be on snow again. 

That new lift is awesome. You don't get cold on the way up. OTOH, you don't get to rest. I managed 6 runs in one hour and that was it!

It's definitely a welcome change.

2018-10-21_09-34-58_848.thumb.jpeg.57c3bcb33b377f7dbe617262d5f9f914.jpeg

Oh yeah, @big mario, when it gets cold I'll give you a run for your money on visibility!

2018-10-21_11-42-15_025.thumb.jpeg.d52516dfce2f7c24b266db820218d1d1.jpeg

• Like 2

Interesting info on the new lift. I think they said that it reduced the ride from 8 minutes to 3 (I think that is correct). 

Often, when we would spend the day on Lift #8, we were doing laps in 12 - 13 minutes (5 runs per hour). We would often ride for 4 hours non-stop or about 20 runs in a day. If they were to take 5 minutes out of that lap, we might be able to do 8 - 9 runs per hour. 

20 runs would only take 2 1/2 hours or so. So we would be done by 11AM. What to do with the rest of the day?  

1 hour ago, yamifumi said:

Was the first weekend at Loveland busy? 

Those who ventured up on Saturday, said the snow was worse and it was the usual opening day shite fest.  Sunday I stayed at the bottom with Hailey and let her get in some 90cm toe-edge practice, but looking uphill after 10am, it appeared relatively sparse.  Everyone agreed the snow was better.  When we left around 1-ish, the lot appeared 50-60% empty.  Shhhhh, don't tell anyone! :biggthump

Welcome back!

James

• Like 1