Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Today there was myself, juhwan, Hillary and John on the slope. The snow felt great, firm and fast. The roulette was a dream but no grooming on fire cut 😞

couple runs into roulette, I go down last into roulette and apparently there is people gathering at the “merge” section of roulette with other runs. Did not see the incident but apparently poor black oxess board of Juhwan’s were a ramp for skier. Technically Juwhan was down hill and she should have seen it. RIP BBS 😞

out of no where one gentleman on tele-Ski comes and says “I saw the whole thing and hardbooter snowboarders are dangerous and should not be on the slope!!”. Up to that point I was playing the mediator but that comment had gasoline on the fire and I got into his face...

Anyways, we finally get back into riding again after resting and two runs down the Richards but on the 3rd run was not so good. As I was going down the street Spillway (thought I was all clear) and When I was about to rest after the slow sign, apparently a woman on ski thought my Kessler was launching pad and just slams into back of the board and launch herself up in the air. Per Hillary, no one was on the Spillway so she must came out of trees???? I was downhill skier and she was uphill skier and scratch on the board shows that. Anyways she did not want to listen and thinks it is my fault. At this point I had enough from another incident so I let it go. You cannot tell someone something if they don’t want to hear it ..... funny thing was she did not even know how to put the ski back on and I kindly helped her LOL. That was the last straw and we decided to quit ....

hopefully Sunday crowds are smarter ....

RIP BBS

• Sad 3

Odd Job, sorry for your loss☹️

Get on this, Quickly:

http://forums.alpinesnowboarder.com/topic/47449-sg-185-full-race-225/

7 hours ago, Rys said:

SG 185 Full Race - This one is in pretty good shape, Ridden about 40 or 50 days tops total - Tuned twice - A few minor top sheet scars from clipping a gate here and there but, superficial nothing major and no rail ding or base scaring.

Clearing out the gear closet - Not really ridding these days and this one has been sitting for 2 + seasons untouched so time to offer her up to someone who might like to put her to use.

$225 + Shipping via UPS or USPS text or email if interested and or need more photos 9703311098 / rysolsen@me

IMG_0992.thumb.jpeg.25a38acf22234cb2b0ff49f8cfe2af07.jpeg

He got on the phone with RR and picked up 2 more wannabe BBS. They should do well. 

Complete shit show of a day that has left a bad taste in my mouth about our once beloved mountain.  Things have really changed there this past year from the level of service to the attitudes of some of the staff. I know they are having problems getting the place fully staffed, so maybe that's a part of it. 

RIP BBS 😞

36 minutes ago, HillB said:

He got on the phone with RR and picked up 2 more wannabe BBS. They should do well. 

Complete shit show of a day that has left a bad taste in my mouth about our once beloved mountain.  Things have really changed there this past year from the level of service to the attitudes of some of the staff. I know they are having problems getting the place fully staffed, so maybe that's a part of it. 

RIP BBS 😞

Colorado in general.  It's now Coloraado, dude.....

I mean dudette

Oh Yeah!!!!! on the new friend

• Haha 1

The more mature, mellower version of me  has been looking  at the world as sunshine, rainbows and unicorn poop as of late, but that world view was severiously challenged today when the masters(so sad you missed your shot at the Olympics 30 years ago) racer  decided to jump in my hip pocket at the apex of my toeside and then skid to a stop 3' in front of me .My Angelic Honi must have been on my shoulder whispering in my ear" baby, don't do anything rash or stupid now", as I calmly intoned" you could have dropped in behind me you Know" to which the pipsqueak, half my size relied" yea, I could have".  Now at this point, the only slightly less younger version of me would have tossed this ass down the hill, with really bad things ensuing soon thereafter.  insted, I called him an asshole, to which he reciprocated, and I continued down the hill.  I must have been really focused on making more turns without any interference from patrol, instead of pounding some wannabe loser into  a pulp.  Different priority's these days I guess.

The vibe was definitely off, I'm hoping that this is just an aberration from the stupidly long ass holiday period, and not a new trend. Next weekend should be better, but the following is MLK.  Really looking forward to Libby at this point. Ice, good to see you back out, sorry you blew up that arch strap.  

Next week will be better, at this point, it only can be.  Jeez

mario

Edited by big mario
  • Like 2

Told you it was the B.A.D. I'm heading to Cooper next weekend instead.  Who's with me?

21 hours ago, big mario said:

Colorado in general.  It's now Coloraado, dude.....

I mean dudette

Oh Yeah!!!!! on the new friend

Whooohoooooooooo! Yeah! Whohoooo! Lol

23 hours ago, big mario said:

Odd Job, sorry for your loss☹️

Get on this, Quickly:

http://forums.alpinesnowboarder.com/topic/47449-sg-185-full-race-225/

Yasu should jump on this. 

Not a good idea for Jwan unless he's going to ride a plate. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HillB said:

I'm heading to Cooper next weekend instead.  Who's with me?

ME!!!

1 hour ago, big mario said:

The vibe was definitely off

Definitely. When I went off to examine Mambo I stopped at the end of Catwalk (where it gets wide). I pulled long and sat on the side of the run by the trees only to be nearly hit by two patrollers that thought it's a good idea to launch off of a boulder into a busy beginner run.

Not only that but they gave me that look of "what is she doing there?".

It sucks because I had a really good day. I too hope that this is only the winter break crowd but honestly, I'm afraid that it's not. Focus on the positive - that teleskier group was really nice and we did get a couple nice runs off of Roulette. 

• Like 1

Nice day at Cooper! Friendly workers,  great snow, and no one stepping on your equipment in lift lines all made up for the slow lifts and lack of vert.  It was nice getting away from the masses, and I believe today was a "busy" day there. Odd Job, Erezzabelle plus one, Yasu,  Mr. Positive, and I journeyed over on one of our 3 freebies off the Loveland pass. Quite a few got their first introduction to the Poma lift. Smiles were written across everyone's faces when we were done for the day around 3pm, and we'll be taking advantage of 2 more days off the Loveland pass for sure. 

• Like 7

Was up at Loveland Friday with Arne. About 3" new overnight. Snowed lightly all day. Not cold and zero wind. Fairly crowded for a weekday but maybe normal for a Friday. We rode Ptarmigan, #4 (once), #8 many times and a few on #6. Packed it in about 1 PM. Good day.  

• Like 3

A return to normalcy, if that's even possible anymore

A devastatingly fun day yesterday, made even more so by me becoming one with my new kicks, Deeluxo 425 pro's

My first few runs felt awkward, and I felt like I was riding tall, lazy and stiff. By my 2nd run down firecut, I felt like I was riding like "a rabid ape on meth" (thanks to Pow4Ever for that phrase, I like it!) replete with grunts, as well as some truly heinously deep trenches.  Hill, sorry I spooked you on that run, I'll be more respectful of your space in the future, again, my apologies. Ice, I didn't realize that it was your "bad anniversary, and when I did, it was really inspiring to watch you ride Roulette with the same gusto and zeal as you always have, really honored and glad to have you around. James, NICE PHUCKING TURNS, glad you bought that board from Yasu, now sell all of that old dated crap. Yasu, nice to have join us, nice riding, same for you odd job, sorry too cut your day short. Scott, nice turns, as always, get Joe back up with some flexxy boots, I'll spend some time with him if he'd like

See y'all next Sunday,

Mario

Edited by big mario
  • Like 7

On 1/14/2019 at 7:24 PM, big mario said:

A return to normalcy, if that's even possible anymore

A devastatingly fun day yesterday,

Good thing! I was thinking about actually getting back out and trying to join you guys again this weekend, but then reading some of these experiences sounded a little dire!

I guess I'll consider a bit longer... it is going to be MLK weekend so maybe I should reconsider. If I decide it's a go though I'll be stoked as ever!

23 hours ago, arneburner said:

Heading to lovey tomorrow for some snow and wind soft boot carving. LMK if you will be there

Good to see you today,  Arne. I was only up on 9 one run.  The viz was so bad that patrol rolled their sled off the top. Patrol Bowl was rough,  but the Headwall 4 was awesome almost worth another trip up. 

With a MES of about 4,  it was soft, but carvable with a deft and gentle touch, not something I am always noted for.  Me new kicks have seem to have moved me a little bit back on the board, making me ride a little more centered and a little less nose heavy. There where a few instances of nose stuffing, most notably by Moose, which lead to a wicked scorpion. I can only give you 9 style points on that, due to you not clipping your noggin  with your stick.  Well played nevertheless.  Pretty good crew out today, Dustin,(glad to have you back out there mister!) Hill, Ice, James, Jordan, Juwhanamo,, Monodude, Shelly,. Yasu, and myself.  We where joined in the Rat for Apres by Scott, and Jersey Joe. Cocoa Porter has made a return, not on tap, but  in aluminoid, still pretty tasty.

mario

• Like 3

Great day on Friday! Gregory & myself met Arne up there. Snowed HARD from opening until at least 1 PM. Got separated from Arne due to boot issues. We headed over to #8 (as usual on a powder day). I was on the catwalk from #4 to #8 20 - 30 people waiting at the ropeline for #8 to open. Just as I approached, the patrol dropped the rope and I didn't even slow down. Probably 16" of powder all day. Snowing really hard with 20 - 30 mph winds with 10 degree air temp. Zero visibility. We kept doing In The Mood over and over getting fresh tracks every time. Even at noon. Almost nobody was going over there because the visibility was so bad. I wouldn't have ventured over there if I didn't know it like the back of my hand. 

I thought we were really going to pay for the great snow with a really slow ride home. We left the lot about 1:45. We heard the tunnel siren just before leaving. The Pass was closed. When we got onto I-70 the westbound traffic was at a standstill. The eastbound lanes were empty. Turns out they closed the tunnel for Hazmat. By the time we got to Bakerville, the snow stopped and the roads were completely clear. We drove almost 80mph all the way to the top of Floyd Hill with almost nobody else on the highway (except westbound). I have never been on I-70 with so few vehicles. At the top of Floyd we ran into the upslope and driving slowed to 30mph or so to the Dino lots. WB traffic up Genessee was gridlock. 

One of the best powder days in memory. 

• Like 2