Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

On 6/8/2018 at 8:18 AM, big mario said:

you're welcome to use my fairly reliable truck(# 8 plug wire doesn't like to say connected at times, I may have gotten it taken care of) but I  can't get the  time off work at the moment however.  

mario

Thanks for the offer, but I probably couldn't do anything with it for a while, so I'll probably let it go to the next in line.

On 6/1/2018 at 2:14 PM, pcdenver said:

i am moving to albuquerque this summer.  my wife has a new job at sandia national labs, so we are heading south.  i've had a pass at loveland since 1995, the year i moved to colorado, so it's been a good run -

first, it's been great.  carving with you guys is the most fun i have.  thanks for tolerating me, mostly, and making all those turns together.

second, if you have any links to any new mexico carvers, i'm interested.  we will be an hour away from sante fe, and it appears there is some carving there.

third, you always have a place to crash if you are in the area.

cheers -

pete cogan

I was sorry to hear about the move, but I know we will ride together again. At least in BC in March. May try to make it down to Pajarito ( 3 days on Loveland Pass) Lots of areas to hit next season on the Loveland Pass, Mountain collective, and Ikon. Also Purgatory is not too far for you.

keep in touch,

Arne

• 1 month later...

Hey, guys!

My son Cody is going down under to New Zealand to represent the USA in GS and SL at Junior World Championships. But he needs a little help to get there. He's just started a RallyMe campaign and you can see his story and a cool video, here:

https://ussa.rallyme.com/rallies/13115/codywinters

Thanks, and I hope to visit y'all more this winter!!

Dave

Edited by Dave Winters

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the new "Chet's Dream" high speed detachable quad is on its way to replace Old #1. 

You Lift 1 guys will be able to get twice as many runs in as in earlier seasons! 

Every time I hear Pete's voice on CPR I wonder about how he is doing in ABQ. Anyone hear from him?

Because I'm bored

Off season crashes

I know the dude has one, I have several as per normal, Ink has one on his skate, anyone else pushing it just a little too far?

Edited by big mario
  • Like 3

greetings from ABQ.  we are settling in, living in the SE near the foothills.

bottom line:  the ice hockey leagues are good fun (i'm subbing once / week or so), the

mountain biking is great fun, the road biking is solid.  the weather is hot, yes, but we have

ample AC and sunscreen.  My wife likes her job and my boy likes his school.

all good.

come visit. once you get past colo springs, it's a fast, easy drive.

missing you folks.

pc

• Like 6

Hey Andrey,

So far we have 6 of the lovey crew heading up, and I have a deposit on a rental that sleeps 7. The plan is to caravan up there in Dustin's Tacoma and my flex, the Dude is planning on driving up as well. I have the rental from Sunday night to Friday morning

Mario

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2018 at 4:53 PM, big mario said:

Because I'm bored

Off season crashes

I know the dude has one, I have several as per normal, Ink has one on his skate, anyone else pushing it just a little too far?

Yep, slammed HARD highside working on toeside slides. Was getting confidence and more speed then WHAM! Finally back on skate 2 months later trying to get back to where I was.

Also about 3 weeks ago fell about 11-12’ out of the sky on a big double at Ruby Hill  Bike Park and bruised the bottom of my front foot and tore my leg open. Waiting for that to heal up now. Oh the new joys of fitty. 

Ink

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2018 at 4:53 PM, big mario said:

Because I'm bored

Off season crashes

Normal summer bumps... Bruised elbow - doing 360's on Hailey's skateboard. Bruised lower back and jammed thumb - stupid asphalt landing. Bruised shoulder - tree at Ridgeline.  I'm relegating myself to waxing boards and playing tennis with Hailey, until Lovey opens.

See you hooligans soon!

• Like 1