Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

it was a  definitely deep day.  For those who missed today, I'm sure there will be some left tomorrow, and you might be able to see.  Glad I haven't gotten rid of the tanker, that would have been the stick of choice today, but I have been waiting to see how that fat monster would do in some of the deeper stuff. Now I know. Extracting myself from those ostrich imitations definitely can wear you out. Good to see you up there today Don!

Mario

• Like 1

I'm getting soft in my old age, decided comfort over utility and am taking the silver sled tomorrow. lets try and secure some close together spots tomorrow, say meeting up at a bout 6:50ish

Mario

• Like 1

Bittersweet.

Its been a great, fun season.  Mentally, want it to keep going, but my back knee, front hip, and back, not so much.  Looking forward to sleeping in tl 6:30 next sunday, letting my snowboard aches calm down, and creating a whole new set of mtn biking aches for the next 5 1/2 months or so.  Glad you could make it up Pete, great to see you making turns, even though it was on skis. Dude, Ice, no collisions with kooks and inanimate objects next year.  See you in a couple of weeks at the basin

mario

Edited by big mario
  • Like 3

Montuckey Clear Cut

So I grabbed the bull by the balls, and Thanks to DT, we have reserved this:

https://www.vrbo.com/852454

Pluses, Beerpub 2 miles away, along with a restaurant, sleeps 12, if not more, $235/night plus tax and cleaning  !!!!!! ( thatsless than anything you can find in Aspen per night per person) on the downside, its an hour away from Turner mountain (40 miles )

so far we have Dustin, Inky, Ice, The Dude, Odd Job, and myself, room for 6 more!! ( and possibly more)

Edited by big mario
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Related to Montucky: I found a campground within 20 mins of the mtn that is year round. Road passability can be iffy.  We have snow tires but not 4x4 so we might have to find a place in town in Libby to camp or just park it outside the cabin you rented if roads are bad up high. Rachel is down. It's just a short 18 hr drive!

Well guys, the owner is flaking out, this one might be a no go

21 hours ago, big mario said:

Montuckey Clear Cut

So I grabbed the bull by the balls, and Thanks to DT, we have reserved this:

https://www.vrbo.com/852454

Pluses, Beerpub 2 miles away, along with a restaurant, sleeps 12, if not more, $235/night plus tax and cleaning  !!!!!! ( thatsless than anything you can find in Aspen per night per person) on the downside, its an hour away from Turner mountain (40 miles )

so far we have Dustin, Inky, Ice, The Dude, Odd Job, and myself, room for 6 more!! ( and possibly more)

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that Loveland is tearing out Lift #1 getting ready to install a new detachable lift. I don't see anything on their website. 

I would think that people would have some interest in the old chairs but I haven't heard anything about their availability. 

Anyone have any insight?

49 minutes ago, JohnE said:

I believe that Loveland is tearing out Lift #1 getting ready to install a new detachable lift. I don't see anything on their website. 

I would think that people would have some interest in the old chairs but I haven't heard anything about their availability. 

Anyone have any insight?

You had to get entered into a drawing. Pretty sure it's closed. 

3 hours ago, Carvin' Marvin said:

Also on a sadder note (or happier depending on your perspective) we are moving to Gypsum so we will be Beaver Creekers next year. I'm still getting a 4-pak though for some prime Sunday's with you doofs. 

Just another reason for us to go riding BC

• Like 1