Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Registered for a chair, but haven't seen or heard the results.

Stupid fall bruised my sacrum (lower back) and can't stand for very long, so I won't be attending the Donek BBQ and Brews blowout.

Have fun and see you hooligans soon!

James

Edited by Dusty Bottle
defined sacrum for lesser intelects

14 hours ago, Dusty Bottle said:

Stupid fall bruised my sacrum (lower back) and can't stand for very long, so I won't be attending the Donek BBQ and Brews blowout.

I feel your pain... I went through an entire season undamaged only to fracture my wrist in a Walmart.  geesh!

2018-05-26_12-29-06_840.jpeg

On 5/24/2018 at 6:23 AM, Carvin' Marvin said:

Also on a sadder note (or happier depending on your perspective) we are moving to Gypsum so we will be Beaver Creekers next year. I'm still getting a 4-pak though for some prime Sunday's with you doofs. 

Happy for you Guys! Enjoy the cocoa and cookies at the top of the lifts.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2018 at 1:11 PM, JohnE said:

I wasn't interested - just curious. If they had to set up a drawing, they should have done an auction. 

I wonder how many buy chairs like this with the intent of making a patio swing (or similar). Then they find out how much work it is to make a frame and then they just wind up in the side yard gathering spiderwebs. 

22 hours ago, lordmetroland said:

Is it just my imagination or is your appliance flipping me off?!?

Even though there's an eerie resemblance to your avatar I am willing to bet that the doctor who put me back together back in 2010 did not, in fact, consult obscure anime.

That being said *I* am flipping you off in the picture. ?

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:23 AM, Carvin' Marvin said:

Also on a sadder note (or happier depending on your perspective) we are moving to Gypsum so we will be Beaver Creekers next year. I'm still getting a 4-pak though for some prime Sunday's with you doofs. 

Welcome to the neighborhood!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, erazz said:

Even though there's an eerie resemblance to your avatar I am willing to bet that the doctor who put me back together back in 2010 did not, in fact, consult obscure anime.

That being said *I* am flipping you off in the picture. ?

Totally appropriate seeing as how, at the time, I was laughing at you for busting yourself up at Wal-Mart...hopefully you were throwing down with a Greeter.

• Haha 2

i am moving to albuquerque this summer.  my wife has a new job at sandia national labs, so we are heading south.  i've had a pass at loveland since 1995, the year i moved to colorado, so it's been a good run -

first, it's been great.  carving with you guys is the most fun i have.  thanks for tolerating me, mostly, and making all those turns together.

second, if you have any links to any new mexico carvers, i'm interested.  we will be an hour away from sante fe, and it appears there is some carving there.

third, you always have a place to crash if you are in the area.

cheers -

pete cogan

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just so you know Pete, if I hadn't seen you carving fire cut on that yellow nidecker 15 years ago, there would be no LCI.  As you know, I could say alot, but for now i 'll keep it to a simple thanks, and you will be missed. Especially your sense of sartorial splendiforusness

Mario

• Like 2

6 hours ago, pcdenver said:

second, if you have any links to any new mexico carvers, i'm interested.  we will be an hour away from sante fe, and it appears there is some carving there.

Good luck in your new locale... I've had a few trips to Santa Fe...  They don't groom for the most part...  lots of cat tracks and moguls.... mogul fields everywhere.  It's a beautiful mountain... watch the last stretch of road from Santa Fe to the hill... pretty turny... can be treacherous.  More people earning their turns there then I've seen at any other mountain.

Bandelier national monument is well worth the visit... crazy to think people lived most of their life in that canyon.

Don't forget Taos.

Mahao.

• Like 1

Pete - great to get to know you & ride with you. ABQ isn't that far away. Make a point of getting up to Loveland in seasons ahead. 

One of the last posts you made said something about your thyroid. Have you gotten help and/or resolution with that?

Take care. 

Pete,

Short list of items I'll miss:

Wondering what magic elixir might be in your mason jar at breakfast

Debating if you used Krylon or Rustoleum on your helmet

Getting the full scoop on boot warmers and mufflers

And weekly updates on the “Little Man”

It's been fun all these years!  Take care and best wishes on your new adventure!

James

*** As I remember NM resorts: Angle Fire (family oriented), Red River (tight runs), Taos (similar to ABasin - Greens = Blues) and Santa Fe (my fav w/ sufficient snow).  Yamifumi and the Santa Fe crew can give you the local skinny.

Edited by Dusty Bottle
  • Like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 2:14 PM, pcdenver said:

i am moving to albuquerque this summer.  my wife has a new job at sandia national labs, so we are heading south.  i've had a pass at loveland since 1995, the year i moved to colorado, so it's been a good run -

first, it's been great.  carving with you guys is the most fun i have.  thanks for tolerating me, mostly, and making all those turns together.

third, you always have a place to crash if you are in the area.

cheers -

pete cogan

Hello, I will still be in NM 18/19 seasons so I will be at Ski Santa Fe quite a bit! We have couple carvers here in NM. I was pretty much at Ski Santa Fe every weekend except when I venture out to Loveland/CO slopes. Let me know, hopefully we have good snow 18/19 season. I am hoping to hit Angel Fire (I could not as it was not worth it 17/18 season due to lack of snow). I heard Angel Fire is good for wide, steeper runs. There are 4-5 carvers from taos/angel fire area that I met up and we are planning more get together 18/19 season.

I also want to visit Loveland more often next season as well!

Edited by yamifumi
  • Like 1

Yes, I won the lottery!  Well, not THAT lottery.  Yes, the Loveland Lift 1 Chair Lottery, to purchase a chair for $350.  The notice went to an email, I rarely check and as fate would have it, doc says another 30 days of no heavy lifting or I take a chance of further back injury.  Yes, I had a plan for hanging said chair under the deck, but I don't have any burly local family, friends or neighbors, so I thought I'd see if any of the LCI posse might be interested.  Pick up is next Mon-Thurs 8-4:30pm ( I can call to see if something different can be worked out) and it'll take a pickup truck or trailer.  The chair is 175lbs, 64" wide x 26" deep x 112" tall (9.3').  I have to be there with ID, but I'd do that for one of you hooligans.  PM me or text me and let me know!

James

• Like 2

you're welcome to use my fairly reliable truck(# 8 plug wire doesn't like to say connected at times, I may have gotten it taken care of) but I  can't get the  time off work at the moment however.  

mario