Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

1 hour ago, JRAZZ said:

Ugh.

The snow was good but the Jerry season is upon us. I counted 4 middle of the run sitters, 3 straight line bombers, 2 side hitters, and a porcupine in a pine tree 

Well Played, , Nice turn on the 12 days of Christmas, The 12 Days of Kookmas.

Nice try on the alliteration there, but the repetitive use of pine disqualifies it, and, well technically, he tends to hang out in the spruce trees.  Mandatory style points deduction.

1 hour ago, JRAZZ said:

I was off the mountain by 10:30 after tweaking my back trying to avoid a surprise Jerry that jumped out of the trees into Drifter. 

Glad that's all that's happened

Lots of bad juju on that run, collisions, both with stationary and moving objects, near collisions with the same, high speed skier strafing's  ( see what I did there?)  A spittle spouting shouting (and there)match damn near leading to fisticuffs, and a multi year old lawsuit that still might not be settled.  That's why we rarely , if ever, go down that run, too spooky.

mario

Edited by big mario
additional snark was added
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, HillB said:

Gonna be really cold,  Bigs!

Breaking out the heavy puffa and the mitts.  Too bad it wont keep jerry home

just checked the temp there, up 0.3 degrees from its low of -1.2f  in the last 45 minutes, its a virtual heatwave!!!

at least it'll only be breezy......

Edited by big mario
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, inkaholic said:

We rode Thursday. Spent some time with D.T.  Chilly but good. 

Sunday and Tuesday for us next.

Ink

As always,  looking forward to embracing gravity with you once again, its been a little too infrequent these last few years on both snow, dirt and rocks.  Ill skip that pavement stuff you and Kai are into, I have enough scar tissue.

Bracing and invigorating

Pretty damn chilly, it seemed to keep jerry in the lodge for a good portion of the morning today.  Snow was amazing today,  probably less than 1 on the MES scale, which was nice in that I didn't have the opportunity to kick my own ass coming across any of my own trenches. Every where we went , the snow held an edge no matter how hard you drove your board. Chets was good, Ptarmagin was windburn/frostbite inducing, and 3 was just sublime until the Rocky mtn Central ski team showed up,  and  jerry finally got his kook ass out of the lodge around noon, I wish he went home instead. C'est le vie.

Joining the festivities today: Katy, Lance, and young 'uns, OJ, Yasu, and myself. There was a Jonny Dangerous  sighting as well, we didn't connect, Odd Job and myself where more concerned with finding Yasu, whom, thankfully, had equipment issues, and was not reclining in patrol hq when we went over there. Lance, it is so much fun to watch you ride, and to watch Katie ramp up her riding each time out.  Odd one, smoke some pot, stop thinking, and keep ripping, You have come a long way from those days of putting 6 styles into one turn when you showed up on our door step. Now about that mouth and mind of yours.... , ah, never mind. Yasu , glad that was equipment and nothing else, and nice riding, glad I could help on your heely, that actually helped me on mine as well, nice riding mister

mario

Edited by big mario
  • Thanks 2

We had equipment issues and cold issues. Sacrificed binding parts from the new board to keep the boy up and running. My “Surfboard” prefers less pitch than 3 offers and an MES of 1.5-2.  Loved watching the three of you DESTROY chair 3. Next time I’ll plan to wait at the midway unload point with a baseball bat for the passing Ski teamers that just don’t get it... we made sure patrol did... I’m sick of those guys... 

Really miss riding with you all but have enjoyed riding with the family this holiday.

we will be back up on Monday with even more family... see you then? Or next year for sure. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, slopestar said:

We had equipment issues and cold issues. Sacrificed binding parts from the new board to keep the boy up and running. My “Surfboard” prefers less pitch than 3 offers and an MES of 1.5-2.  Loved watching the three of you DESTROY chair 3. Next time I’ll plan to wait at the midway unload point with a baseball bat for the passing Ski teamers that just don’t get it... we made sure patrol did... I’m sick of those guys... 

Really miss riding with you all but have enjoyed riding with the family this holiday.

we will be back up on Monday with even more family... see you then? Or next year for sure. 

thanks for having my back!  

Maximum Jerrymas was hit today.

How you say?

When I nearly hit my first skier.  In my car.  In the parking lot as I was leaving.  I explained, nicely, that skiing theough the parking lot was a really good way to get hit by a car, truck or a bus

Shuttle drivers were losing their shit on people unloading in the middle of the access lanes, resort ambassador's were beating shuttle passengers with ski poles if they didn't load from the back forward, lifties were actually having to police lift lines,  3 had a lift line., and both  rental shops ran out of rentals.

Other than that, It was a most excellent day, until about 11:30.  It was at least 20 degrees warmer today, making it easier for some us rickety older gentlemen to actually bend our knees.  Massive amounts of destruction were wrought on fire cut, roulette, and finally switchback by the returning bionic man, ArneBurner, Dennis, OJ, The Dude, XRH, Yasu, and myself. I would have liked to have hung around a little longer, but it really did become a zoo, and I was feeling pretty worked.  I'm out 'til next Saturday,when I have another hall pass, and next sunday as well.

mario

Edited by big mario
  • Haha 2

On 12/29/2018 at 8:04 PM, slopestar said:

Planned on today, but felt rather gimp last night. I may venture up tomorrow and take a few laps with the Feliz Felice Familia. May even have to dust off the Twin and softies to avoid the very-jerry-istic tourists.

later...

James

Edited by Dusty Bottle
  • Like 1

Great day with James and the family today! Brother in law Kyle and his girl Claire came to visit and had a successful first time on the hill. Julia and Wayne were shredding it. Katie played chauffeur and master of ceremonies/instructor and James added to the great time. Nice to see him in softies on my old Donek Twin👍🏼. I took a a few uns over on three with Katie and the kids and had one real soul searcher by myself on the front side. Figured out my new Alloy DO by just going slow and yanking big round turns. Left one toeside just below the midway unload that would have made you proud Mario... Wishing all of you the best for 2019! 5A726A7C-9637-4D4D-9F7E-2A083EF80EFD.thumb.jpeg.316f871c3735e589633ffaeee1c180cb.jpeg

Edited by slopestar
  • Like 4

Not familiar with the term "Jerry" (except as a derogatory term for a German). I'm assuming this means lots of clueless fellow slope sliders. 

I can't take them either on the roads or the slopes. That's why I got a mid-week pass this season. It is such a pleasure driving up, boarding, and driving back mid-week and not having to deal with the hoards. 

I've only been up once this season. I think it was mid-week sometime in the first of second week of December. Nice bluebird day, snow was decent and very few people. However, I did get clipped by a straightline skier near the top of Turtle Creek. He clipped my board and was gone before I knew what happened. Scared the crap out of me. So, mid-week is not immune from irresponsible slope sliders, there are just fewer of them. 

Loving my new Donek Flux and softboot carving. 

Probably won't see the crew because you won't likely be coming up mid-week and I'm not going to fight the weekends. 

Have fun & be safe! 

IMG_1011.JPG

• Like 1

On 12/31/2018 at 4:51 PM, slopestar said:

Great day with James and the family today! Brother in law Kyle and his girl Claire came to visit and had a successful first time on the hill. Julia and Wayne were shredding it. Katie played chauffeur and master of ceremonies/instructor and James added to the great time. Nice to see him in softies on my old Donek Twin👍🏼. I took a a few uns over on three with Katie and the kids and had one real soul searcher by myself on the front side. Figured out my new Alloy DO by just going slow and yanking big round turns. Left one toeside just below the midway unload that would have made you proud Mario... Wishing all of you the best for 2019! 

Fun, fun, fun! Despite plummeting temps, New Years Eve was a blast! Thoroughly enjoyed riding and visiting with the Felice family and guests! Ripping turns on the Twin to the hoots of bunny lift passengers added to my smiles. But grinning came at a price. 16* at 7:30 and 1* leaving the parking lot at 2:30.  Ittt.wassss.cccoldddd.fffunnn.  Hope ya'll make it to Lovey and we get to do it again, before the season ends!

4 hours ago, JohnE said:

Not familiar with the term "Jerry" (except as a derogatory term for a German). I'm assuming this means lots of clueless fellow slope sliders.

Colorado Jerry: Novice or very infrequent skier/boarder (Tex, Okla, ArKansian, flatlander), who professes to be an expert at the bar, yet through their inappropriate actions, clothing and equipment and/or slope-side inabilities and epic failures proves vastly different. Carharts, denim and leather abound. Often times observed being the professor of all things snow.

Couple weeks back...

Jerry 1.jpg

Edited by Dusty Bottle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

A couple of years back we went to Wolf Creek over the holidays. I think we had the only car in the parking lot. All the rest were big trucks & SUVs with Texas plates. 

I had never seen anyone ski in a hunting camo suit. That day I saw two. 

ATTENTION LOVEY HOOLIGANS!

Overheard in Valley Cafeteria:  Thursday and Friday (Jan 3/4), Loveland will be hosting one of the largest ski-racing events (250-300 racers).  Maybe the largest group ever at Lovey.  Also heard, there will be a large club race  Saturday.

Not sure about Sunday, but Thurs-Sat avoid the short bus and watch your 6!  Head on a swivel always!

Lift 7 on Sat with Hailey and see the rest of you cutups Sunday!

later...

James

Edited by Dusty Bottle

On 12/29/2018 at 4:52 PM, big mario said:

There was a Jonny Dangerous  sighting as well, we didn't connect

mario

Hahahahaha, you must have seen my brother in law. I was thinking WTF??, then remembered I lent him a bunch of my gear. I did warn him that a bunch of hard-booted hooligans might start hollerin' at him and those are the folks to ride with. Too bad y'all didn't connect, he's a really nice guy.

Thanks for the warning about the weekend James, I am heading up on Saturday and was planning to pop on over to the valley. Is anyone else going up Saturday?

Oh, and some good news on the week day front. My wonderful boss has told me that I will now be getting one week day off for the foreseeable future. Woo Hoo! I will up on Monday this coming week and the Tuesday the week after if anyone else is up for company (JohnE, I'm looking at you, man).

I hope everyone had a great Xmas and New Year and will see y'all soon.

Cheers, John

• Like 1