Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Yami,

you never know until you know....

I've seen several different forecasts, the only point they agree on is the 5 day total, could be dust on crust, could be a near powder day

Day 4

Today was awesome, Oddjob, Ex Racer H, and myself grabbing some scorching, stellar hot laps on spillway/Richards, then on Mambo before all of the entitled teams got their collective shit together. I got 9 in a little over an hour and a half before the usual Saturday morning shitshow really ramped up and H and I called it, citing the positive note that our last run ended on, and the increasing fear for our safety. I am heading up again tomorrow, with a fair compliment of boards, suitable for a myriad of conditions. After stopping in the Ideho springs and grabbing a quick bite and a beah,, I got a call back from Mr. D.T., whom was up making tracks off of 2 with his new Lady friend and fam.  He has a pass this year, and hopefully we will see more of him on the hill this season

Mario

Edited by big mario
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, slopestar said:

...might need a “pass buddy” to buy a ticket tomorrow. Want to save the 4 packs for peak season. Anyone running up 70 want a carpool buddy? Me, a bag, 2 softyboards

gotcha covered, plenty of room in the silver sled, stupid early, pick the park and ride

• Like 1

Patience

Light snow, cold, crowds, and flattish light couldn't keep regulars XRH, Ice, Odd job, The Dude, Miss Shelly, new guy Yami, special guest Slopestar and myself from laying down some serious turns when the breaks from the madness allowed it. Nice turn out for so early in the season, and I must say, Y'all rip.  Seriously.

After yesterdays awesomeness, I decided that it would be a really good Ideah to break out the rather large Virus. For those not infected(yet), you should give it a try some time, you wont regret it, though your bank account might. Runs 1and 2 were sublime, 3,4,5,6where kinda meh. On number 7, I got an opening, and I rolled with it. I kept checking my 6, and the only one back there was Ice. Rinse and repeat for 8 and 9, though my legs informed me halfway down run 9 that it was now  rapidly approaching beer 30. I happily obliged.  Those last 3 runs salvaged a day that was starting to turn a little sour, and returned it to sublime.

Im out for a bit for a family vakay, looking forward to the departure of the racers, more terrain,  and some short bus runs when I get back.  see you then

Mario 

• Like 5

783876AD-AD0E-41AC-B268-826863CA7BE1.thumb.jpeg.9bf66b6a3a2bfe6657837c3922484f95.jpeg

First day back on hardboots. Felt awesome! 

Snow was great, board was awesome, ski racer crowd sucked. Typical lovie.

Dude, ink, ice and OJ in attendance. Also had a visit from our favorite skier who we haven’t seen since she was carted off the hill last year. Great to see her up and shredding.

My feet hurt! They don’t fit my boots anymore. Almost like my feet are changing shape. Wonder why that is 🤔

Can anyone recommend a noco boot fitter?

• Like 2

Aloha, everyone!

It was nice to meet up with y'all last week and as promised, I remembered to find the new website. :D It was fantastic riding with everyone and I will see y'all on the weekends now with my "big boy" M-Fr schedule. There is an seat in the subaru for anyone wanting to carpool on Saturdays (I usually leave at 6-6:15 from Wheat Ridge) and would be delighted if I could join up with anyone else going up if you need to fill your vehicle. Oh, I will post up when I get any week days off too.

Once again, it was a pleasure to see y'all and Wednesday was mighty fun catching up with you HillB.

Cheers, John

• Like 2

I hope everyone's Thanksgiving was wonderful as getting to ride with y'all made mine FANTASTIC!

It was wonderful to meet some new folks and re-meet some more with some really fun snow. It was one of the best days in the past few seasons for me and the company is what did it, thanks to all.

Hopefully I will be able to get up on Sunday, but if not I wish everyone a great day.

Cheers, John

• Like 6

Todays first world problems:

It was cold

Sucking wind due to 12 days at sea level with low activity levels other than consuming excessive amounts of alcohol and rich food. and I caught a wicked head cold.

Shitty nights sleep due to tossing and tuning while trying to decide which one of my fancy sticks to ride.

Funky grooming on some of the newly opened terrain due to the 10'+ of snow lovey has received so far this year

Other than that, It was ABSOPHUCKINGLUTELY AWESOME.  

Fun times on firebowl  ,turtlecreek, lower roulette, and upper benett's  undulationage on spillway, general weirdness on upper roulette, with a few wicked compression's  on the lower reaches of benett's, of which one sat me on the tail of my board.  it led to a really good imitation of a cannonball, replete with a rather large snowplosion.

Coach Inky, Dusty Bottle, Erazzabelle,  Ice, The walking Oddity, XRH and myself out partaking in todays offerings.  Looking forward to next Sunday, which should see more terrain opening, , better grooming(hopefully) and the start of the short bus season. I think we need to hit double dip a little more often this season, it definitely has some fun surprises along the way

Mario

• Like 6