Note to New Members ×

Yo Lci!!

big mario

Really awesome day in the books. wow. An even dozen  of us on the hill. with some softish yet very supportive snow. Looks like no more firecut for the season, B-net and a gs couse set up, while 2  perfectly good race runs sit over at the now closed valley. meh.  Bennets had a nice groom on it, which we managed to destroy pretty quickly, along with roulettedid lay down a full healside 360, 270 of it was carved, 90 was flat, The dude said it counted.   The big virus an I had a mutual flogging session for the first part of the day, and I switched to my new fave, the 174 JJA and ran for a bit on spillway/Richards/Mambo.. Seriously good stuff.  Out Terrorizing the Kooks today: DT,  Erazz,  Hillary, Ice, James, Jerrick? Johan,   Lance, The Odd One, Marshall, The Dude, and myself. Nice riding by everyone, pretty cool to watch. Sadly, 2 weeks left, and I suspect we are moving into melt freeze land, and out of the mid winter that we have been enjoying . For any one wondering, Carrie took a sled ride yesterday with a sprained knee, hopefully she will be back up soon. If anyone has contact info for her, pm me with it so I can wish her well. I knew something felt off today, It was not seeing her smiling face, and having her complain about my trenches at breakfast this morning

mario

Edited by big mario
  • Like 3

Johan - great riding with you. I'm guessing that between what Gregory & I showed you Saturday (Lifts #8 & 9) and where you likely rode Sunday, you got a pretty good tour of our little ski area. Hope to see you again next year. 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2018 at 5:40 PM, big mario said:

Really awesome day in the books. wow. An even dozen  of us on the hill. with some softish yet very supportive snow. Looks like no more firecut for the season, B-net and a gs couse set up, while 2  perfectly good race runs sit over at the now closed valley. meh.  Bennets had a nice groom on it, which we managed to destroy pretty quickly, along with roulettedid lay down a full healside 360, 270 of it was carved, 90 was flat, The dude said it counted.   The big virus an I had a mutual flogging session for the first part of the day, and I switched to my new fave, the 174 JJA and ran for a bit on spillway/Richards/Mambo.. Seriously good stuff.  Out Terrorizing the Kooks today: DT,  Erazz,  Hillary, Ice, James, Jerrick? Johan,   Lance, The Odd One, Marshall, The Dude, and myself. Nice riding by everyone, pretty cool to watch. Sadly, 2 weeks left, and I suspect we are moving into melt freeze land, and out of the mid winter that we have been enjoying . For any one wondering, Carrie took a sled ride yesterday with a sprained knee, hopefully she will be back up soon. If anyone has contact info for her, pm me with it so I can wish her well. I knew something felt off today, It was not seeing her smiling face, and having her complain about my trenches at breakfast this morning

mario

Awesome riding with you guys. I'll be back next season as soon as they open. It's definitely turned into the spring freeze cycle. I was there yesterday, first chair. Super icy groom which i don't know how to carve yet. Softened up around 1030, finally. I got a good few runs in before having to leave to pack up. 

20 hours ago, JohnE said:

Johan - great riding with you. I'm guessing that between what Gregory & I showed you Saturday (Lifts #8 & 9) and where you likely rode Sunday, you got a pretty good tour of our little ski area. Hope to see you again next year. 

Nah. I left the group on Sunday to check out lift 8 and it wasn't that great for carving. Still fresh pow on Sunday. I stuck to the usual suspects. Great riding with you too!

• Like 1

On 4/22/2018 at 12:45 PM, erazz said:

Hope you weren’t one of the people I cut off :D

You guys missed an awesome day but for a good reason. Pictures please!

Nah but it seemed like you wanted the person in front of you to go a little faster lol. Yeah sounds like a great day. We will be there for the last two. 

Either way, this is Karl. I'm going to bring him on Sunday to see the ski hill so if anyone needs some puppy love he is more than willing!

IMG_1399.JPG

IMG_1402.JPG

• Like 6

Fun but short day. Started out VERY firm but slushed out quickly.

I found out that the Alloy was the right board but with the wrong binding while the Steepwater is the wrong board with the right binding. This shall be fixed right-quick! With all the ski racers around i'm really glad I wasn't hardbooting - dangerous enough.

Small group today, only 10 kooks: Carvin Marvin, Mr Positive Ice, Odd Job, Mario, James, Lance and Katie, and the dude. Twas enough though, the destruction unleashed on Bennet's bowl was impressive and swift!

Kinda ready for the season to be over but also bummed. Oh well, mehears rumors of an ABay party Juneish... ? 

• Like 2

Friday was very good. Beautiful blue sky day. Very few snow-sliders. Only a few scratchy places until about 10AM then nice & soft. Rode Ptarmigan about 4 runs (saw a real Ptarmigan under the lift), then over to Lift 8 for about 6 runs & then over to Lift 9. Snow was pretty good until about 12:30 or so & then got pretty slushy. Took what was likely our last run of the season on Richards about 1:30. There were puddles in the lift line. Great day but snow was disappearing fast. Maybe some new snow this week (?). If not, it was a good season. It finished much better than it started. Great to see that Kevin was back at it before the end of the season. Hope that Pete gets things worked out so he can get back at it next season. 

It was an impressive display of trench warfare indeed

And fun to boot....

One day left for me this season, my lower back and front hip are feeling  all the contortions i manage to get into despite my bhudda belly, and having another day that I can sleep past 5am is very appealing

More importantly, I've got the meats, slaw, beans, and sauces handled, everyone else feel free to chime in on what you plan on bringing for Sunday's festivities

Mario

15 hours ago, big mario said:

.... everyone else feel free to chime in on what you plan on bringing for Sunday's festivities

Tunes - Table - Couple chairs - Gas bottle for Chef Biggs - Tater salad - Deesert of some sort - Tommyknocker Sampler Case... and if things go as planned, a new trench maker.