Note to New Members ×

Who's Stoked for a new season and what is your goal?

Chouinard

On 10/29/2017 at 4:47 PM, davekempmeister said:

that is hilarious.  my attitude, exactly.  i looked up that hill so many times  - forbidden fruit is the sweetest.   only problem is, i think it's a dedicated lift.  Emdee would know more than I.

one night when i was doing laps under the lights off of Payday lift, i ended up around a bunch of kid racers and their Coach.......  all of whom were asking me questions about the boots and the boards.  we all rode around together for awhile but it did not result in an invite to ride Picabo's or CB.  

you'll love that place.

You can take a public lift to get to it...you just have to suffer temporary blindness when you get to the 'Do not enter' sign...

To quote Ron, NOT GET HURT

My goal is to ride like I did 3 years ago, and then get better. I've always taken my body for granted because I just got lucky as far as genes go. But I finally see what has happened the last couple of years. As you get older, it takes more work to stay in shape, which I was not doing, taking it for granted. Now I'm working out and getting ready for the season .I'm gonna be ready to ROCK, hopefully un- learn what I figured out on my own, bad stuff, and dial in the pieces I am missing.This is the beauty of Bomber, everybody wants to help. Every rider that is better than you is willing to be your coach if you ask them.

• Like 3

As I transition into retirement, I'm putting finishing touches on my little-house-on-the-trailer (it has a sauna!), which I hope to park within walking distance of the base of Spirit Mt before winter sets in. Should be better positioned for getting on the hill on a powder day, getting first tracks and for making day trips to Indianhead, Lutsen or Giants Ridge.

Also, hope to make a trip to Sun Peaks in BC this winter!

• Like 1

On 10/31/2017 at 5:46 AM, Emdee406 said:

You can take a public lift to get to it...you just have to suffer temporary blindness when you get to the 'Do not enter' sign...

Roger.  Hopefully they'll be running gates.  I'll give those academy kids an eyeful. :eplus2:

Let me know the dates of the town race when you get a chance.

Stay upright. Last season I stayed upright more than usual, I hope to continue the trend. I figure I'm either getting better, or just older and slower.

More travel. FINALLY getting to Silver Star after a cancelled trip two years ago, and back to Whitefish to ride with the crew after missing last year.

• 2 months later...

I can’t believe the end is on the Horizon (6 weeks at best in MI). I have spent more time researching the weather than anything else so far.

Are you banking the stoke for the pending offseason? 

Are you achieving your goals?

Don't put it off, the actuary tables are unyielding.

2 hours ago, Chouinard said:

I can’t believe the end is on the Horizon (6 weeks at best in MI). I have spent more time researching the weather than anything else so far.

Are you banking the stoke for the pending offseason? 

Are you achieving your goals?

Don't put it off, the actuary tables are unyielding.

6 weeks is a lot of season. ?

My only goal is to achieve the psychological phenomenon known as flow whenever life allows. ?

Yes... We're all going to die... Maybe I'll get to ride with you before that happens.

Edited by lonbordin
Webcams... Always watching
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

It's nice to look back at what I wrote a year ago on page 1.  I stayed pretty on-target, though Schweitzer will likely happen before or after the upcoming Montana session.  

I probably only spent 20 minutes switch carving last season.  Still very uncomfortable, so I just revert to going forwards and have more fun.  Maybe I'll spend more time getting comfortable with it this season.  

Hope to get on snow in about 5-6 weeks!  ? 

• Like 1

2018-2019: 

Go Faster                                                                                                                                                         Get Lower                                                                                                                                                   Crank 8 Turns Between Towers                                                                                                      Get my Bomber BP up and running on the Kessler                                                                     Roadtrip to ride the white powder with Crack and stay at the Crack House

Edited by barryj

On 11/1/2017 at 8:54 AM, FrankNBeans said:

To not skate Mongo to load and unload the chair.

A year late replying but what does this mean?   Not sure I’ve heard this term in snowboarding.  Is this meant to refer to pushing next to the heel side edge?  I assume you are not strapped in on the rear and pushing with front foot.