Note to New Members ×

Who’s done for the season?

st_lupo

A perfect season end.  The snow was still pretty good, but rain and warm temps will kill that this wee and the hill closes next saturday.  Snuck out of work early on friday and biked up to the hill, then I took an early saturday morning ride today.  Hardly any people, pleasent weather, and about 30cm of fresh snow, Nice! 

Now I’ve cleaned all of our sticks and packed them away.  MTB forks and shocks are on the way back from service.  

Anybody else hanging up for the season, and is it on a high note?

IMG_7480.jpeg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, st_lupo said:

A perfect season end.  The snow was still pretty good, but rain and warm temps will kill that 

Anybody else hanging up for the season, and is it on a high note?

Last day tomorrow in northern MN. 

Warmest winter here in 150 years of record keeping. A mediocre season that has ended brilliantly with one storm delivering more snow than we received all winter.

Sayonara El Niño

I've been done since the last week of February.  Work sucks. Weather sucks. Only 32 days this season which I s'pose ain't bad, but well below my average. 😕 

Bring on the golf. 👍

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Kneel said:

I've been done since the last week of February.  Work sucks. Weather sucks. Only 32 days this season which I s'pose ain't bad, but well below my average. 😕 

Bring on the golf. 👍

Excuse me sir, but mall season is starting. 

• Haha 2

Last day for the best carving run at Heavenly,  Olympic chair was yesterday, Mon.  😪

I did drive over to Heavenly for morning laps Sun.  which was mostly cloudy imo but was able to find my groove somewhat.  Sure wish I could have gone back for Mon. the uncrowded, sunny laps for last day for that lift!

Heavenly  is running the. CA side until April 21 I believe.   Nevada side closes the 15th

Boreal closes the 15th also   😪  Hope to get back up this Sat. or Sun. for forecasted couple of inches!

Palisades is in good shape and says open until Memorial day......we will see! 

3 hours ago, barryj said:

Heavenly  is running the. CA side until April 21 I believe.   Nevada side closes the 15th

Palisades is in good shape and says open until Memorial day......we will see! 

And there is always Mammoth😀

My family and I will likely squeeze out a few more weekend visits to Killington.  They always milk the season for every last day they can.  I'm not a big fan of the snow this time of year.  I have so many friends that are all about spring skiing.  Not me.  It's a completely different sport for a carving snowboarder.  Don't get me wrong, I do love the warm weather apres ski hang on the deck of the lodge with a beer in my hand.  However, when the snow has turned to mashed potatoes I'm aiming for that beer after only a few runs.

• Like 2

I’m squeezing every last bit of snow out of this season. My local hill has been closed for more than two weeks but the snowpack is holding (the rain coming tomorrow may put an end to that).  I’ve been skinning up on the splitboard for some post-season runs. Even today I was able to find fresh lines which haven’t been touched yet  

I’ll likely head to Okemo this weekend and then maybe Stowe before it’s over. 

• Like 1

My last day was 2 weeks ago. Last few days were some of the best carving snow of the season, which was a pleasant surprise!

Now I'm waiting for street sweeping to clear all the sand off the roads so I can play on the surf skate. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Corey said:

Now I'm waiting for street sweeping to clear all the sand off the roads so I can play on the surf skate. 

Good on ya. This week I've taken mine to one of the local skate parks to ride the bowls/transitions. For something that feels flowy, it's a quad burner.

On 4/11/2024 at 8:32 AM, Corey said:

My last day was 2 weeks ago. Last few days were some of the best carving snow of the season, which was a pleasant surprise!

Get out there and sweep it yourself. My son and I used to sweep hills for him to longboard DH in the spring before the sweepers came through. Like building trails, "No dig, No ride", just switch dig to sweep. You got this buttercup 😉

ink

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, inkaholic said:

Get out there and sweep it yourself. My son and I used to sweep hills for him to longboard DH in the spring before the sweepers came through. Like building trails, "No dig, No ride", just switch dig to sweep. You got this buttercup 😉

ink

Canadians, right? We STILL need a :dismay: emoji. 

Get out there and get that worm, Coreybird. 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1